Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Wish I Never Bought A Lexus

Lex-aholic

Are Boxters down to 15k yet?

There's a Y plate on Fleabay for just over 15k - seems a bit odd though as there are w and x reg's on there for 17k plus.

Only prob for me is that they're 2.7 litre which considering the fact that I only live 2 1/2 miles from work is pretty pointless.

The insurance is pretty good though, it's about the same as an Audi TT.

Well, it's a Lambretta plus hiring a car when needed, then? B) :whistling:

There's no way I could look out at that Porsche every day, knowing that I'll be going to work on a Lambretta !! :winky:

Reverse 'cool' you know!!

Remember Jurgen Klinsmann? Turning up to Tottingham in a Beetle, amidst all the flash-mobiles? B) ;)

There's a Y plate on Fleabay for just over 15k - seems a bit odd though as there are w and x reg's on there for 17k plus.

Only prob for me is that they're 2.7 litre which considering the fact that I only live 2 1/2 miles from work is pretty pointless.

Well, it's a Lambretta plus hiring a car when needed, then? B) :whistling:

There's no way I could look out at that Porsche every day, knowing that I'll be going to work on a Lambretta !! :winky:

Reverse 'cool' you know!!

Remember Jurgen Klinsmann? Turning up to Tottingham in a Beetle, amidst all the flash-mobiles? B) ;)

Jurgen Klinsmann ?? Isn't he that sad bloke who turned up in a Beetle amidst all the......

Ooops sorry, it looks like you already put what I was thinking. :lol:

I'm now a member of the TT owners club, and the RX-8 owners club !!

A very good friend of mine, Dave is on the committee of the RX-8 club so should be able to answer any questions you have. Also Chris on LOC had an RX-8. If it wasn't for the standard of the dealers, I'd be tempted!

The boss has just got herself an Rx8 and as we use what ever car is ready to go I get to share the lexus and the rx8.

Both very different cars but it makes a nice change. The lexus is so easy and unfussy smooth etc but the rx8 wheel spins in most gears has an orgasmic engine note and fun to drive. I try not to think about fuel as both cars are under 30mpg and comming from a 55mpg diesel its a bit of a shock.

We like the rx8 and have were able to pick up a 04 with 9K on the clock for 16K with an additional 2 year extnded warrentee.

Man he could dive! :D

Was he a goalie, or a player ? It's just when somebody says he could dive, I don't know which one they're referring to. :lol:

So....not a footy fan then?

Diving is when a player, under the slightest provocation, spins to the ground as if shot, in order to get a free kick for his side, or, if in the penalty area, a Penalty kick. Considered to be the prerogative of 'johnny foreigner' players. (Jurgen the German a rare German import)

(The only exception to this rule is Cristiano Ronaldo, whose feet are SOOOOO fast that the slightest touch spins him YARDS into a double half pike dive that is NEVER a dive! :D )

(sez Chris, a United fan since 1955!)

actually, at 15k it'll be a 2.5, they didnt bring in the 2.7 until 02/03 (i think), of course you really dont want either of those...

the 'S' is a 3.2 with a 6-speed box, and for a grand or two extra you get a lot more car, and the insurance isnt all that much higher...

Of course, and 15k, you could get a very nice 964 911, as long as its been looked after, should be pretty reliable ;)

actually, at 15k it'll be a 2.5, they didnt bring in the 2.7 until 02/03 (i think), of course you really dont want either of those...

the 'S' is a 3.2 with a 6-speed box, and for a grand or two extra you get a lot more car, and the insurance isnt all that much higher...

Of course, and 15k, you could get a very nice 964 911, as long as its been looked after, should be pretty reliable ;)

That geek on Fleabay must have advertised it wrong then. He/she put the Y plate one on there as a 2.7 litre !! Good job I AIN'T going to but from that person. :winky:

How long do you reckon the 3.2 litre engine would last if I do 2 1/2 miles to work (approx. 4000 miles per year) ? :lol:

I could buy the car, we'll do a group poll on this site as to how long you all reckon the engine will last, and the one who is the furthest away gets to pay for the replacement engine ! :lol::lol:

Not sure on the situation with imports either, as to what's the difference between Jap Imports and "normal" and do I need to do anything to make it road legal ?

If an import is already over here and has been registered so has a number plate then you dont have to do anything other than tell your insurance company that the cars an import. This should make little or no difference to your premium.

If you are importing a vehicle fresh, like for example a brand new Integra Type R then best thing to do is get a company to do it for you.

Then onces its over here the company will probably do all the paperwork etc for you.

I have imported myself and the process was very very easy. I got a 95 Supra and simply got it MOT'd (only needed to fit a fog light for the mot) and then i could register it for a numberplate. That was it! - was ready for the road. If a car is under 10years old then it needs an SVA or ESVA test to make sure its ok for these roads.

Much easier than most people think :winky:

Yeah only one problem with importing a car in the region of what this guy wants. He is obviously selling up as he wants a newer car. The government has made it very difficult to buy in new models. The model report issue being the major problem. If someone hasn't shelled out for the model report (some of which require crash reports) then you just won't get the car in.

If you want power saloon car...there is only one fun one

The JZX 90 Toymota Chaser...Yum.

soon will be able to have the jzx 100 too!!!

But on a realistic note I wouldnt really go for an RX-8 as well they are a bit under powered...compared to RX-7 anyway. I would try go for 911 over a boxster,unless of course your female or a hairdresser.

What about a porsche speedster or something...now they are nice and different too.

It all depends what your looking for in a car

hey, how about:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/65187.htm

you'll even have enough left over for the insurance!

Blimey - that IS a bargain !

Sorry for the delay Fidgits, it's just that I still live in prehistoric times (I don't have a PC at home) and can only get to a computer in work time.

If you want power saloon car...there is only one fun one

The JZX 90 Toymota Chaser...Yum.

soon will be able to have the jzx 100 too!!!

But on a realistic note I wouldnt really go for an RX-8 as well they are a bit under powered...compared to RX-7 anyway. I would try go for 911 over a boxster,unless of course your female or a hairdresser.

What about a porsche speedster or something...now they are nice and different too.

It all depends what your looking for in a car

What's the JZX Toyota Chaser and the Porsche Speedster ?? Two cars I've never heard off. :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links