Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Services Offered..........powerflushing

Fargo

Shame you are not a bit closer to the Midlands. My system is playing up, BG come in and make it worse. It's 17 years ols so reaching the dreaded time on the boiler so currently thinking power flush, adjust all radiators, fix the broken thing in the airing cupboard ( little box on top of a t piece that has a wire connected to it, it's got a lever one end and if you move it over it's meant to spring back ) which was fitted less than 3 months ago. Then if all that fails a new Worcester Bosch 40CDi boiler ( not combi ).

Now if you were nearer ......

Shame you are not a bit closer to the Midlands. My system is playing up, BG come in and make it worse. It's 17 years ols so reaching the dreaded time on the boiler so currently thinking power flush, adjust all radiators, fix the broken thing in the airing cupboard ( little box on top of a t piece that has a wire connected to it, it's got a lever one end and if you move it over it's meant to spring back ) which was fitted less than 3 months ago. Then if all that fails a new Worcester Bosch 40CDi boiler ( not combi ).

Now if you were nearer ......

17 YEARS OLD.... deffo time to get a new boiler..... that box is the 3 port valve by the way..

Ours is also playing up.. most of the house is fine, except for the sitting room. 4 radiators in there, and only one of them works, and even then it doesn't work that well... the other three don't work at all.

We've bled the system, but still no joy... This winter we've been wasting gas on the gas fireplace :(

L.

Hmmm bit too late just had ours done. £650 for the powerflush, plus new 3 way valve, pump, two new radiators, new valves on others and a section of the return pipe replaced cause it was completely blocked. Total £1300 :o :crybaby:

Thats why no prolex induction for me yet :(

Ours is also playing up.. most of the house is fine, except for the sitting room. 4 radiators in there, and only one of them works, and even then it doesn't work that well... the other three don't work at all.

We've bled the system, but still no joy... This winter we've been wasting gas on the gas fireplace :(

L.

drop me a PM, see what we can do..

Hmmm bit too late just had ours done. £650 for the powerflush, plus new 3 way valve, pump, two new radiators, new valves on others and a section of the return pipe replaced cause it was completely blocked. Total £1300 :o :crybaby:

Thats why no prolex induction for me yet :(

OUCH,, was that british gas per chance.,, certainly i would have charged you at least half that amount..

L.

blimey, how bigs your sitting room???

how you tried taking the rads off and flushing them throught outside with a hose pipe?

no where as good as a powerflush but can be effective

OUCH,, was that british gas per chance.,, certainly i would have charged you at least half that amount..

Local guy that was about the same price as British Gas. The difference was he said he could come Thursday and BG wanted me to sign a contract for the work to be done without giving any indication of when they could do it. They said after 2 weeks of processing the application then they'd be able to tell me when (and obviously that could be a few weeks more given that this was November and all their engineers were supposedly v busy). Another local guy was about £100 cheaper but because of that he was fully booked for a few weeks. We had no heating to the majority of our house....so the bullet was bitten....

L.

blimey, how bigs your sitting room???

how you tried taking the rads off and flushing them throught outside with a hose pipe?

no where as good as a powerflush but can be effective

and what of the crap in the pipework and heat exchanger...... :)

Local guy that was about the same price as British Gas. The difference was he said he could come Thursday and BG wanted me to sign a contract for the work to be done without giving any indication of when they could do it. They said after 2 weeks of processing the application then they'd be able to tell me when (and obviously that could be a few weeks more given that this was November and all their engineers were supposedly v busy). Another local guy was about £100 cheaper but because of that he was fully booked for a few weeks. We had no heating to the majority of our house....so the bullet was bitten....

well you know who to call in the furture...... :D

L.

Hey Lelandv,

Paul manage to sort you out? :winky:

Mr Fargo came round to sort out my central heating for my New pad.

A couple of radiators not coming on. Intermittent boiler continuation (pilot OK. Would fire up, then chug, then die), oh, and the ignitor went as well.

A couple of hours of Mr Fargos time, and all was well.

Flat is now like being in a sauna :lol:

Seriously, its good to have someone you can trust to give you advice/help etc.

Give the man a PM if you're ever feeling cold, or are always having cold showers lol

D. B)

P.S. Cheers again Paul.

ta derek.

@bazza.... see them there brown bits in the rads and pipework in that picture,, well powerflushing will get rid of that crap

yeah i know all about brown deposits and the fact it gets rid of them

but how ?

The power flushing pump is simply connected into the heating system, either across standard circulator pump couplings, across the tails of one radiator, or wherever most practicable. The powerful flow, combined with instantaneous flow reverser device, will dislodge and mobilise deposits and corrosion which resist traditional system cleaning methods.

Once the corrosion and sludge deposits have been loosened and mobilised, fresh clean water is forced through the heating system, pushing the contaminated water out through a full bore dump valve to waste. During the process, radiators are individually flushed, without removing or disconnecting them from the system, by directing the full output of the pump through each radiator separately.

At the end of the flushing process, the system contains fresh clean water and reinstatement of the system to normal operation takes only a few minutes.

Fargo....you are contravening the T&C

tart trader! :duh:

i think not dear boy......there are other people here offering services are there not... :P

• 2 weeks later...