Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kenwood Satnav

Ok....as some may already know, I have the Kenwood DDX 6027 Double Din, screen, DVD, all singing all dancing head unit jobby in my IS. :D They also do a Satnav add-on box for this headunit and I've found one for sale on e-bay.

Please could some of the ICE/Car audio/Satnav guru's have a look at the spec of the unit in the link below and let me know if it's any good?

ebay linky

I know there are shed loads of Satnav units out there these days...but basically, for the price, is this unit worth it? :unsure:

Also, are there any other options (cheaper) that I could explore? I have loads and loads of connectors in the back of my headunit so there might be a better option...trouble is I have no idea what I should be looking for! :D

Thanks in advance - Neil :)

Neil, have you ever thought .... for that price and even cheaper, you could build a wicked car pc ......... that would have sat nav, mp3s ... divx... and so much more ?

Just a thought .........

Yeah i agree...I know it's a lot which is why i'm undecided really....I actually found one for £450, which is a bit better!

Is there another option I could look into?

You could go for an Avic-X1R, which has everything you want, for a penny under £1k... means selling the screen though...

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=4307

Like Ahmet says, incar PC would be cheaper option and have more overall features.

I'd say go car pc route to be honest ............... far cheaper, far better !

I know...but I just gave up on that idea a while ago! :lol: Besides, the Kenwood Double-DIN headunit I have plays CD's, MP3's and DVD's...plus I can cut MPG's, AVI's, WMA's etc onto DVD or CD and play them and so the only thing missing for me is Satnav! I didn't really see much point in building a car PC just for that!

Are there any other Satnav units, I could look at, which would just plug straight into the output/input connectors on my headunit?

I recomend using that sat nav, as i use it :lol: , I have it linked to a Kenwood KVT-925DVD, It works great! has never failed me, i have also got the traffic updates which is excellent on avoiding the grid locked roads(i think they all come with this now), All this on the one Nav System. Great bunch of goodies within the system too, Such as setting location names. IE i can set the local city centre on the map and name it 'Xscape' and for multi story car parks i can change the Point of Intrest to 'Multistory carpark', It lets you customise the map which i havent seen on most other units. Along with the kenwood touchscreen headunit it is top stuff, The unit on that eBay listing only looks like it supports NTSC screens? :whistling: but enough talk... lol

I recomend using that sat nav, as i use it :lol: , I have it linked to a Kenwood KVT-925DVD, It works great! has never failed me, i have also got the traffic updates which is excellent on avoiding the grid locked roads(i think they all come with this now), All this on the one Nav System. Great bunch of goodies within the system too, Such as setting location names. IE i can set the local city centre on the map and name it 'Xscape' and for multi story car parks i can change the Point of Intrest to 'Multistory carpark', It lets you customise the map which i havent seen on most other units. Along with the kenwood touchscreen headunit it is top stuff, The unit on that ebay listing only looks like it supports NTSC screens? :whistling: but enough talk... lol

Nice one mate...thank you for the review! Sounds rather smart...do you need to buy new discs for it..?? How does it get updated with road changes etc..?

I recomend using that sat nav, as i use it :lol: , I have it linked to a Kenwood KVT-925DVD, It works great! has never failed me, i have also got the traffic updates which is excellent on avoiding the grid locked roads(i think they all come with this now), All this on the one Nav System. Great bunch of goodies within the system too, Such as setting location names. IE i can set the local city centre on the map and name it 'Xscape' and for multi story car parks i can change the Point of Intrest to 'Multistory carpark', It lets you customise the map which i havent seen on most other units. Along with the kenwood touchscreen headunit it is top stuff, The unit on that ebay listing only looks like it supports NTSC screens? :whistling: but enough talk... lol

Nice one mate...thank you for the review! Sounds rather smart...do you need to buy new discs for it..?? How does it get updated with road changes etc..?

yes you do need to buy new DVD map Discs... But i dont tend to buy these often as they are about 250 pounds. :unsure: , But with the main map that you get with the package means that you dont really need to update the maps as it is quite update already..