Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting A Twin Departure Exhaust

Mr Morse

Took the car in yesterday for them to fit a second Blue Flame back box.....upon a visual inspection it all looked OK to fit and connect up.

I'm now in Houston and they called to say that the back box won't fit without chopping away part of the spare tyre wheel well!

Has anyone else had any problems fitting a twin to an IS - I know that Aido and Mat have them?

Off to see Tony from UPAuto this afternoon and get the SP on the deal.

can you tell me what their prices are mike i want quad exhausts eventually and fancy a go with the blue flame stuff and have you aranged any discounts for the club yet ;)

Off to see Tony from UPAuto this afternoon and get the SP on the deal.

can you tell me what their prices are mike i want quad exhausts eventually and fancy a go with the blue flame stuff and have you aranged any discounts for the club yet ;)

The problem was that the pipe from the back box was too close to the spare wheel well. For the IS / Blue Flame it'll mean replacing that bit of pipe with one that skirts around the well well. It can be done, just means a bit of welding work. The actual back box itself hangs just fine, so I'd imagine not more that 3-4 hrs work for the 2nd twin.

The list price for a full cat-back system from BF is £265, but although you'll only need one back-box silencer part they won't split the back box.