Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vehiclematch.org

stodwyer

Hi all,

My fiance is in the process of selling her fiat punto sporting in Ireland and has been approached by the above company vehiclematch.org stating that they will sell her car for her. And that they have a few interested parties.

I am just wondering if anyone has heard of the company and/or if they are any good.

Sean

Don't bother mate - they charge 60 odd quid for nothing. If she has advertised her car in Auto trader or x&m you will get half a dozen calls from people all offering the same thing.

I would advise quite strongly that you don't go anywhere near any of these "matching" services, and I say that with experience. Just use autotrader, if its going to sell, its going to sell from there :)

Thanks for the replies lads.

I think that she has organised for someone to come and have a look at the car tonight.

If it sells tonight i will let ye know. I dont mind the money it costs for the advertising of the car because it if sells for more than what shes looking for the car, it will cover the ad.

Many thanks

Sean

Sean,

I've heard bad things about car matching services. They say that they have people wanting a car just like yours, charge you for 'matching' services and then you never hear from them again. Be careful.

Apart from that, I hope the selling process goes ok.

I called her there before lunch telling her the story and she went to get a refund of the money she spent on the advertisement. The lady on the line said that she had given her details to an interested party and they would be wanting to view the car. Is this a legit scam?. Or can the money be reembursed? The fiance let fly at them anyways.

Ah sure we will learn from the experience.

Sean

There should be a list of these scam artists.....

Is this a legit scam?. Or can the money be reembursed?

It all depends on how they contacted you, if it was a cold call, I think you are entitled to a full refund within the first 28 days, if not, its much shorter but can't remember how long

Id stay clear sean! i know i had the same problem when i was sellin my last car they pick numbers usually out of the buy and sell and ring you to see if you want it advertised with them... car buyers guide do the same and the auto trader....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links