Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delimiting A Mk 1 Aristo And Speedo Conversion

jackco

• 2 weeks later...

Right ya mutha hubbards I have finally sussed it out. You can indeed use the Thor racing TRL combined de-limiter and speedo convertor. Retails at about £115 I think. I will post the pics of the plugs and wires you need to cut and that at some point tomorrow when I am putting the car back together. I only had to cut about 20 wires to finally find the speedo input signal :)

Oh I delimited it ages ago. I found the ECU speed input no bothers as it was the same as the supra's. It was the speedo speed input I couldn't find. As it happens I have just uploaded the photo's now so here they are.

14957.jpg

14958.jpg

14959.jpg

Before ya'll start I realise the wiring aint brilliant. I was in a hurry yesterday as it was getting very cold and just a bit dark :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello dangerous brain

Could you give me instructions on how to fit this unit, I have the mk 1 aristo, and allready have a chip installed, The problem being with it is that the car is still limited to 112 mph and that the cruise doesn't work, (hoping it's the chip that's coursed this problem but not fussed about that) the kmph to mph works though,

So i'm going to remove it and replace it with the one supplied by thor-racing, i presume looking at the one installed that this unit is fitted behind the dash and connected to the wiring that connects to the instrument panel,

My email is psxwizz@netcentral.co.uk

Thanks a lot in advance

psxwizz

As far as I can tell the cruise control is a whole other issue. You need to locate the cruise control ECU and then figure out which wire in is the speed input as it doesn't work above 70 mph I thinks. The thor unit will sort the cruise out for you if you can find out which input is the speed one yes. The thor unit will also delimit the car no problems. If it doesn't come with instructions I'll find them and post them up or just call pete at thor and he'll send you the link for the supra fit which as far as the delimiter part goes is the same. Personally I would leave the speedo cluster alone if it is doing the mph thing reliably.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh I delimited it ages ago. I found the ECU speed input no bothers as it was the same as the supra's. It was the speedo speed input I couldn't find. As it happens I have just uploaded the photo's now so here they are.

14957.jpg

14958.jpg

14959.jpg

Before ya'll start I realise the wiring aint brilliant. I was in a hurry yesterday as it was getting very cold and just a bit dark :)

nice 1 brain got the limiter box thingy but cant get no1 to fit it m8 they say there is 3 computors on them,

is this for real 112 my1 will do but it gets there yesterday if ya know what i mean .limiter comes in quick to... :yawn:

Its a doddle to do the delimiter. Its only one wire to cut and splice and a 12 volt supply mate easy as. All you have to do is lift the passenger side carpet. take up the plastic cover over the ecu 10 mm deep socket or a spanner (spanners fiddly sockets easier). then make life easier for yourself and take the ecu off its mount again 10 mm deep socket. then look at the top picture and locate the 2nd pin in from the top right. you allow a decent length from the ecu and cut the wire. you then splice that wire going into the ecu with the one from the delimiter box. the cut wire fold back on itself and tape it up its not required any more. Then the power feed to the delimiter box needs plumbing in. there are points on the ecu input that you can take power from or any ignition switched power source. the earth side can go straight to a chassis point. It really is that easy mate.