Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parted Company With The Is Today

MartinC

up till a few days ago I had no intention of selling the IS200, cracking car with more toys than I had fingers for.

test drove one of these, local dealer had superb deals on pre reg cars, so that was it....done deal.

DSCF0842resize.jpg

Got absolutely screwed on the part ex value thanks to Lexus dealers quite simply taking the p1ss.... cheers butt munchers :tsktsk:

Got nothing against Lexus cars, doubt I'll have another due to greedy dealers.

Got a few bits to sell, pedals, Origin b2, which I'll post in for sale section.

Cheers to everyone thats given me advice and been friendly at meets and shows, no doubt bump into a few of you at events this year :D

If I'm honest was a little unexpected for me as well, I've always liked the LCR's and with nearly 3k off that one, hard to resist :winky:

Its the 225 one mate, can't remeber what year they upped the power, but all the later ones are

Yeah i think i drove the 1.8, 180BHP one. Nice power delivery throughout cant tell there is a turbo there because no lag. Very bog basic inside but nice cars.

I dont know a lot about SEAT. Arent they spanish?

Hmmm, very interesting :huh::hehe:

nice car.

are you going to have it re-maped? (revo, amd, jabbasport)

Needs to run in first, then a few thousand miles before any mapping, but I reckon I'll not be able to resist, probably a Revo :D

Pip, they are Spanish mate, you can tell this is turbo'd :winky: does kick in early tho just after 2k revs

Hmmm, very interesting :huh::hehe:

nice car.

are you going to have it re-maped? (revo, amd, jabbasport)

Needs to run in first, then a few thousand miles before any mapping, but I reckon I'll not be able to resist, probably a Revo :D

Pip, they are Spanish mate, you can tell this is turbo'd :winky: does kick in early tho just after 2k revs

...but underneath it's all german...VW Golf, drives much better than the golf. I too have tested the 1.8 180BHP and the Diesel, same engines as the Audi TT/A4, in the end went for the A4.

You really can't go wrong mate!!

I didnt mean that in a bad way Martin what i meant is that it was a smooth delivery of power unlike say a subaru where its 4000rpm then bang.

I know mate, I probably worded that wrong, it does have bit of a kick, wouldn't really call it laggy as the turbo spools up early

@Jamboo, been pleased with it so far, seems to be screwed together quite well, switch gear is VAG as are other parts I've come across

@Jamboo, been pleased with it so far, seems to be screwed together quite well, switch gear is VAG as are other parts I've come across

Yeah it is all out of the VAG parts bin, we had a Leon and an A3 at the same time for a while, and they both had exactly the same dashboard :o

I've always loved those cupra Rs, it must be fantastic! Do you mind me asking how much it set you back? :winky:

Do you mind me asking how much it set you back? :winky:

My local Dealer, Coupers have Pre reg cars for £15,875. I paid £15,300 for this one as it had been used for 120 miles so very much a new car still

Forgot to add, RRP was £18,055 plus metalic paint so the above prices are pretty good :)