Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Owner And Its Going Wrong

sercombe

Monday I became a Lexus owner for the first time when i bought an 1999 IS200 Sport. The car is on 65,000 miles and is due a major service. Lexus stockport quoted me £800 and Lexus manchester £736 which for what they are going to do is a complete joke.

Not a full week and ive noticed the seat belt warning lights are faulty (earlier post this week), the sat nav screen keeps going pink and different colours and the button on it that allows you to change the screen settings now doesnt work???????!!!!???!?!??!?!?!?!

and to top it off today the electric seat packed up on the up and down motion. all it does is buzz really loud and does not move. any ideas on this?????

Im just wondering what is going to go wrong next for me. Im 19 and taken rather a large loan for the car. I thought they were meant to be reliable these cars!!!!!

Never buy the first production car, especially this is the first IS being manufactured. Read HERE to get smarter for the future purchase.

think you need to re post

did you test the car before buying it

99 was the 1st year for Europe production ;)

Monday I became a Lexus owner for the first time when i bought an 1999 IS200 Sport. The car is on 65,000 miles and is due a major service. Lexus stockport quoted me £800 and Lexus manchester £736 which for what they are going to do is a complete joke.

Not a full week and ive noticed the seat belt warning lights are faulty (earlier post this week), the sat nav screen keeps going pink and different colours and the button on it that allows you to change the screen settings now doesnt work???????!!!!???!?!??!?!?!?!

and to top it off today the electric seat packed up on the up and down motion. all it does is buzz really loud and does not move. any ideas on this?????

Im just wondering what is going to go wrong next for me. Im 19 and taken rather a large loan for the car. I thought they were meant to be reliable these cars!!!!!

Why are you having service at lexus ? prolex service centre in Glossop :D

Why are you having service at lexus ? prolex service centre in Glossop :D

Get the Prolex service dude.....and with what you save buy some more mods!

prolex service centre in glossop - are these cheap? contact details?

A Local well known garage in stockport called John Dellaneys quoted me £570 - they are well known for mercs, porche, lexus, audi but £570 is still expensive in my book for what they are doing.

anyone got any ideas on the electric seat? moving forward/backwards works, moving the back up and down works fine too. moving the front of the seat up/down also works fine but moving the overall seat up and down doesnt and you can hear the motor buzzing. is it stuck in some way or what?

prolex service centre in glossop - are these cheap? contact details?

A Local well known garage in stockport called John Dellaneys quoted me £570 - they are well known for mercs, porche, lexus, audi but £570 is still expensive in my book for what they are doing.

Sent you pm :D where in manchester are you ?

Im in stockport. this garage you gave me. are they a reputable garage as they say to get a stamp on my book?

oops forgot my manners then. cheers gordan.. Im gonna give them a ring. What i am going to do is price the parts up that i can buy them for and see what i think is a reasonable labour charge and time. I was an apprentice mechanic for a short period of time you see.

This ribbon cable is what i read about... but is the cause of the one button not working as well on the remote control?

i have a pair of 2003 front seats as new, £200

regards the nav, it will be, as has already been said the ribboin cable at fault

no

why only one button not working on the remote out of about 4 or 5 though?

becuase there are several electric motors, there known to strip teeth ...sometimes, its not common, but not cheap either, infact im sure you cant get the motors seperatly

Did you buy it at 65k with the 60k service missing? Thats about the biggest service. Would have been good to check how much it was before doing the deal. Not good that it was 5k miles over either. Anyway sorry bit late now. You'll be happy to know that the 70k one is significantly cheaper. Just over £100 I think.

Did you buy it at 65k with the 60k service missing? Thats about the biggest service. Would have been good to check how much it was before doing the deal. Not good that it was 5k miles over either. Anyway sorry bit late now. You'll be happy to know that the 70k one is significantly cheaper. Just over £100 I think.

Ive bought it at 65k but because of the way that the services have been done in the book it is right now that the 60k service needs doing. what ive found is that the service has creeped a bit over the years. so the last service was at 55k. I thought i got a bargain really since the car is in good condition with sat nav for good price. tbh there isnt many IS200 Sport Navigators in Aztec Red with 65k on clock at £7k.

Can anyone pin point me to a tutorial or help on how to take the sat nav apart and fix this ribbon cable and where to get the part from and how much? Is it a simple job or does it require some soldering?

Its funny really because the button didnt work last night and now it does but the screen was turning pink on the way to work this morning which was really annoying.

Ive bought it at 65k but because of the way that the services have been done in the book it is right now that the 60k service needs doing. what ive found is that the service has creeped a bit over the years. so the last service was at 55k. I thought i got a bargain really since the car is in good condition with sat nav for good price. tbh there isnt many IS200 Sport Navigators in Aztec Red with 65k on clock at £7k.

Can anyone pin point me to a tutorial or help on how to take the sat nav apart and fix this ribbon cable and where to get the part from and how much? Is it a simple job or does it require some soldering?

Its funny really because the button didnt work last night and now it does but the screen was turning pink on the way to work this morning which was really annoying.

i too have a 99 sport with sat nav, my screen is always doing the same but if i wiggle it about every now and again it tends to be fine (i know i probs shouldnt) for a few weeks. It onlyt really turns blue again when i was the screen whichcauses me to move it again.

id be interested in the prolex service but mine is coming up to the 100k mark and dont wanna spend a fortune (im 20 and at unii). cant afford to keep up with the money bag memebers on lexus owners club :P