Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fogs To Brakes / Sidelights Modification

Mr Morse

Gord has kindly offered his services free of charge to anyone who wants to do the rear fog lights to brake / sidelights conversion. :D

If you want to do the full brakes plus sidelights conversion you will also need to buy 2 x 7443 dual filament bulbs plus 2 x part number 81555-53010 at £35.75 with your Gold card discount.

Date is this Thursday 16th February, venue is Steve's Garage at:

Charlesworth motors

7 Marple Road

Charlesworth

Glossop

SK13 5EY

Edited by Mr Morse

You only need the dual filament bulbs for the fog to brake and sidelights mod. The original bulbs will do for just the fog to brake mod, so nothing is needed.

Worth doing the extra sidelight part though (requires the dual filament holders and bulbs) - looks great on mine! :D

You only need the dual filament bulbs for the fog to brake and sidelights mod. The original bulbs will do for just the fog to brake mod, so nothing is needed.

Worth doing the extra sidelight part though (requires the dual filament holders and bulbs) - looks great on mine! :D

Edited!

The strain is on the bulbs, rather than the wiring but seeing as I'm using LED's that draw a fraction of the current that conventional bulbs do, I don't forsee any problems with the auto.

:duh: sorry mate i forgot i was speaking to the king of LED :lol: Mmmmmm...i might need to get some LEDs for my fog and make them brakes too :) B)

:duh: sorry mate i forgot i was speaking to the king of LED :lol: Mmmmmm...i might need to get some LEDs for my fog and make them brakes too :) B)

Get your order in now.......I'll be closing the GB as soon as the remaining guys cough up the dosh ;)

You'll need a pair of 7443 tower bulbs in red @ £30.85 the pair plus the wiring loom (part no above)

I will be there having my s/c & TTE ARBs fitted. Will be nice to see a few of you guys there. Already had the fog to side light conversion done and i thought it was original!!

Gord is there some decent places to eat nearby because i am in the middle of training for a competition and will go bananas if i dont eat??

I will be there having my s/c & TTE ARBs fitted. Will be nice to see a few of you guys there. Already had the fog to side light conversion done and i thought it was original!!

Gord is there some decent places to eat nearby because i am in the middle of training for a competition and will go bananas if i dont eat??

yes mate 2 pubs that do food :D

Can you turn up anytime, or is it a morning or afternoon thing?? Could be tempted to take a half day :winky:

Ally its going to be after work for me mate :D i will be at the garage about 6-30 ish :D

yes mate 2 pubs that do food :D

Can you turn up anytime, or is it a morning or afternoon thing?? Could be tempted to take a half day :winky:

Ally its going to be after work for me mate :D i will be at the garage about 6-30 ish :D

Can buy you that drink or two that i owe you fella in that case. :winky:

The only problem with the side light mod (if that's what Adio has on his) is that you can not tell if the brakes are on or not... this is what I found following him round Cheltenham.... defo a high liklehood of someone rear ending you if you ask me! :).

The only problem with the side light mod (if that's what Adio has on his) is that you can not tell if the brakes are on or not... this is what I found following him round Cheltenham.... defo a high liklehood of someone rear ending you if you ask me! :).

so the brake lights were on all the time then?

Why ? its the same as the normal side light.

Dunno... all I can say is that his brake lights did come on when he pressed the brakes, but with the fogs on as tail lights, there was very little difference to be seen.... I personally would go for it, there was not enough difference between breaking and none breaking to prevent an accident in my view... it's OK if you're alert, but not everyone is as alert or even a half decent driver these days on the roads...

Horses for courses.

Dunno... all I can say is that his brake lights did come on when he pressed the brakes, but with the fogs on as tail lights, there was very little difference to be seen.... I personally would go for it, there was not enough difference between breaking and none breaking to prevent an accident in my view... it's OK if you're alert, but not everyone is as alert or even a half decent driver these days on the roads...

Horses for courses.

well either there is something wrong with aidos conversion or you need to go to the optician - on every conversion i have done or seen there is a massive difference between brakes and non brakes!!

you may as well say there is no or little difference between the rear fogs on or off

Sorry I couldn't make this one guys...... :blush:

Was having a pipe fitted to the Tubby and everything was seized on solid and it took forever to remove the old pipe. :angry:

The wait was worth it though......I got a decatted Blitz NUR-Spec single departure with a 5" exit that looks and sound the dog's danglies :D

......and it flames! :winky: