Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

kam05

Being plod how does that affect your insurance if you dont mind me asking?

Take it that it puts you in favour from the insurance amount you pay?

It's a combination of both occupation ..... and my driving qualification.

It's cheaper ....... :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being plod how does that affect your insurance if you dont mind me asking?

Take it that it puts you in favour from the insurance amount you pay?

It's a combination of both occupation ..... and my driving qualification.

It's cheaper ....... :D

..driving qualification :shifty:

Guys,

My insurance on the Lexus is up for renewal soon. My current insurance company (Directline) wanted £905!, but have gone with The Halifax for £642.

I'm a 26 year old male, 3 years NCB, no accident history/clean licence.

I'm the same age age and claims discount and I pay £390 with privilage! :P

You sure mate?

I thought they only took people on who had 4+ years NCB? (just checked their website).....

DOH! yea good point! just realised I've got 5 years nc!! Really should concentrate more! :D

My insurance is up for renewal in a couple of months,and i wonder if anyone can help with a query.

I bought a second car last summer,and I have been with direct line for 5 yrs.I asked them if they could do me a deal for my second car,but they said no,that I had to start from scratch with 0 no claims on the second car.I am the only driver on both cars,so I can only drive one car at a time.Yes,I know the other could be nicked while I am driving the other car,but i would have thought they could cut me some slack.

Anyone know if other companies will deal on a second car?

My insurance is up for renewal in a couple of months,and i wonder if anyone can help with a query.

I bought a second car last summer,and I have been with direct line for 5 yrs.I asked them if they could do me a deal for my second car,but they said no,that I had to start from scratch with 0 no claims on the second car.I am the only driver on both cars,so I can only drive one car at a time.Yes,I know the other could be nicked while I am driving the other car,but i would have thought they could cut me some slack.

Not possible, since it's the car which is being insured and not the driver. I had the same thing when I bought the Tubby, had to start from scratch again with nil NCB despite the fact that I have 10 years NCB on the Lex.

Not possible, since it's the car which is being insured and not the driver.

The car is being insured but it's the driver that has the NCB, you cannot use your NCB on two separate policies hence the start from scratch on a new policy. When you change insurers the new company will always ask for a "proof of bonus", this confirms your NCB and also that the policy it was applied to has been cancelled.

You can however have more than one vehicle on the same policy provided you are the registered keeper of all of them, this is what Leeky has I think. They add up the premiums for all the vehicles then take off the NCD. I have 3 motorbikes on one policy.

Quote's come through from Direct Choice, underwritten by Axa.

33 years old

13 years driving experience

9 points in last 5 years

9 years protected NCD

LPG converted GS300

20,000 miles/year (10K business, 10K personal)

£250 excess

Been quoted £518.92.

You can however have more than one vehicle on the same policy provided you are the registered keeper of all of them, this is what Leeky has I think. They add up the premiums for all the vehicles then take off the NCD. I have 3 motorbikes on one policy.

What i did was call Lancaster and insured one vehicle as a classic/cherished. They gave me a quote on it based on the NCB i had at the time but they also told me they wont be using my NCB on this vehicle so i am free to use the bonuses on another vehicle.

So i got to insure both as though they both had my NCB :D

If you are claim free then I will be able to 'mirror' the no claims bonus across both cars, I'm the manager of A-Plan Insurance in Newbury, call me if you want on 01635 521818.

Alastair

If you are claim free then I will be able to 'mirror' the no claims bonus across both cars, I'm the manager of A-Plan Insurance in Newbury, call me if you want on 01635 521818.

Alastair

Sounds good mate.

Alastair

Are you able to quote for modified cars?

Yes, can do them all. Obviously we have more insurers if the Lexus is standard, but we can have got companies that will do mods for us.

What mods have you got ?

We get alot of referrals from Lexus Bracknell and Lexus Reading, and have negotiated schemes with the insurers accordingly. I was trying to arrange something with Stu last year, but I never got back to him!!

Alastair

Thanks,Alastair,I'll give you a call a little nearer the time :)

To let you know,yes I am claim free,full NCB(protected),only claim was a windscreen replacement in 2003.

Alastair

Thanks,Alastair,I'll give you a call a little nearer the time :)

To let you know,yes I am claim free,full NCB(protected),only claim was a windscreen replacement in 2003.

Look forward to it :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just been shopping round for insurance that's due up next week. Special things to consider are the LPG conversion, Business Class 1 usage, 20K/year and 9 points in the last 5 years.

esure.com: £100 excess, £786.95

More Th>n: £250 excess, £734.32

RAC: £370 excess, £611.00

Norwich Union Direct: £370 excess, £518 (done online, excluded 6 points and LPG, which added £100 to RAC quote)

Direct Choice (current insurer): £250 excess, £545.02

A-Plan (Alastair Chapman's place mentioned above): £250 excess, £435.00 :D

Looks like I've switched insurers, then!

Spent ages trying to get insurance for my SC (at the right price) quotes ranged from £615-£3030 and then there were the companies who refused to quote, eventually went with the AA thru' confused.com for £615 when I tried theAA direct they wanted over a grand, thanks online insurance broker fella!!!

Just been shopping round for insurance that's due up next week. Special things to consider are the LPG conversion, Business Class 1 usage, 20K/year and 9 points in the last 5 years.

esure.com: £100 excess, £786.95

More Th>n: £250 excess, £734.32

RAC: £370 excess, £611.00

Norwich Union Direct: £370 excess, £518 (done online, excluded 6 points and LPG, which added £100 to RAC quote)

Direct Choice (current insurer): £250 excess, £545.02

A-Plan (Alastair Chapman's place mentioned above): £250 excess, £435.00 :D

Looks like I've switched insurers, then!

I'm glad we managed to do you a good deal eXOBeX :)

Im nearly 39 Ive got 3 years NCB been driving cars for nearly 4 years and I pay £550 on my IS300 with Lexus Insurance. Its not the cheapest policy I could find but I stayedwith Lexus Insurance as they were excellent when I got hit up the back by some muppet in a Jag last summer - they got the car fixed up ultra quick and the service was excellent.

Just had to renew my insurance. Im 19 with 3 years NCB and an SP30 as they never ask how many points i have :whistling::whistling:

the renew quote came threw at 1400+ quid which was a bit high so did an online quote with the same company and was 1100, so phoned them up and they sorted it out, not to bad as it was 2200 last year.

Im with nationwide by the way.

PC scarface :) my points i got on my motor bike so do these carry over onto my car licence, if so does that mean i have 12 points on my licences or 6 as i am still in the first 2 years of my CAR driving but have passed the 2 years on my BIKE ???????

Anyone else whos knows would be greatful ?

There seems to be a tremendus variation mentioned for insurance depending mainly on age and points aquired. Are all the prices mentioned for Fully Comprehensive or are some for 3rd party. It would help if this was mentioned when mentioning what you pay. :duh:

oldun

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links