Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Se-l Satnav/mm Fault

Guys,

I'm new on here but i'm starting to get very irritated by getting fobbed off my Lexus and my local dealer.

I have a IS250 SE-L with the satnav/mm and i'm having problems.

When driving along i get the welcome caution screen that you get when you start up appears on its on accord randomly.

With a route set or using Bluetooth my car resets itself everytime.

Lexus say they havent experienced this problem yet and my dealer had the car today and still reckon they is no problem.

Anyone else having any problems like this ?

Also have a groaning dash too when cars cold

Chay Webster

Guys,

I'm new on here but i'm starting to get very irritated by getting fobbed off my Lexus and my local dealer.

When driving along i get the welcome caution screen that you get when you start up appears on its on accord randomly.

With a route set or using bluetooth my car resets itself everytime.

Lexus say they havent experienced this problem yet and my dealer had the car today and still reckon they is no problem.

Chay Webster

I'm not sure what you mean by "my car resets itself" could you be more explicit?

oldun :yawn:

oldun yeah simple. sorry should have written that better.

When I mean "the car resets itself", i meant that the Satnav/MM clears its memory of the route or boots you out of a call and comes back up with the normal caution and agree screen which you get on engine start up.

Its rather random too. You can go 20 miles without it doing it once then all of a sudden it would do it 5 times within a mile.

Dam thing !!

Just keep getting fobbed off by Lexus

Sounds sarcy, but it's likely to be a hardware or software fault...

Is it possible to re-load the OS (operating software) from the DVD disk? Not just the Maps, but the whole lot?

Could be a software corruption (i.e. it throws a wobbly and just re-boots the OS - like your Dell Lap top :-) ). Failing that, it needs Lexus to sort it.

If mine does it when i get it it will be back with the dealer so quick there will be burn marks on the paint.

My advice is refuse to take car back until they fix fault which you definitely know is there .

just go to your dealer ...hand him the fob and ask where your loan IS250 is....take no *****

If mine does it when i get it it will be back with the dealer so quick there will be burn marks on the paint.

My advice is refuse to take car back until they fix fault which you definitely know is there .

just go to your dealer ...hand him the fob and ask where your loan IS250 is....take no *****

AMEN - WELL SAID THAT MAN

Nicac rest assured i'm be making a visit.

As for what was said above guys the Dealer apparantly has checked for loose connections and also re installed the software still without joy.

For reference too jambo the new IS with MM has the DVD integrated into the dvd stacker in the front dash so you can load either DVD's or CD's into the front. No need for a boot DVD.

Right i'm off to the dealer ... lets see what they have to say !

As for what was said above guys the Dealer apparantly has checked for loose connections and also re installed the software still without joy.

For reference too jambo the new IS with MM has the DVD integrated into the dvd stacker in the front dash so you can load either DVD's or CD's into the front. No need for a boot DVD.

That's interesting - so does the indash changer take 6 or 7 discs including the DVD Mapping OS?

Good luck mate and let us know what they do...

That's interesting - so does the indash changer take 6 or 7 discs including the DVD Mapping OS?

Good luck mate and let us know what they do...

Jamboo

You can load 6 CD's or DVD's one after the other.

According to the manual, to change the DVD mapping you use the tools in the tool kit to release the clock panel. Then use the sat nav screen to instruct the system to eject the DVD.

Guys,

With a route set or using bluetooth my car resets itself everytime.

Chay Webster

Hi Chay

Sorry to here about your problem with the Sat/Nav, trust you have taken the advice of your fellow Lexus members and taken the car back to get it sorted with out excuses.

There is definately a fault and it may only manifest its self while on the move rather than static in the workshop! Check with them to make sure they take it for a decent spin to check that it is fixed or not.

With regards to the dash groaning and buzzing and sqeaking etc, this appears to be a common irritation experienced by quite a few new owners, me included.

I have had to take the car in twice to get sorted out. I had a severe rattle under the dash top speaker, which has been cured, but now experiencing the same at either end of the dash when it is cold. Tends to reduce significantly when warm.

Make sure they attend to the groans on the dash. This shouldn't be happening on a new luxury car with the quality reputation boasted by Lexus.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck