Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bright Yellow Fluid Under Car

trevman

Whenever I leave my car in the garage for a couple of days a small puddle (approx 5cm) appears under the back of the car, it's level with with rear wheels and slightly off centre (to the right).

The fluid is extremely bright yellow in colour, almost flourescent and it has no odour. My first assumption was that the diff was leaking so I put the car over the pit but couldn't spot any leaks or yellow fluid anywhere. The underneath of the car was however very wet but it looked like rainwater from the road.

Anyone got any ideas what it might be ? Could it just be water running off and picking up some colouring from something on the way ?

I'd say washer fluid - maybe the car is on a slant and it's leaking from the engine bay and running down the underside of the car?

Yeh It does look like concentrated screenwash, that's the exact colour of bright yellow it is.

However the screenwash I've always used is blue, so it can't be that.

Yeh It does look like concentrated screenwash, that's the exact colour of bright yellow it is.

However the screenwash I've always used is blue, so it can't be that.

Aren’t some brake fluids that colour. Check the level in the reservoir.

Whenever I leave my car in the garage for a couple of days a small puddle (approx 5cm) appears under the back of the car, it's level with with rear wheels and slightly off centre (to the right).

The fluid is extremely bright yellow in colour, almost flourescent and it has no odour. My first assumption was that the diff was leaking so I put the car over the pit but couldn't spot any leaks or yellow fluid anywhere. The underneath of the car was however very wet but it looked like rainwater from the road.

Anyone got any ideas what it might be ? Could it just be water running off and picking up some colouring from something on the way ?

is the puddle consistant with the car being wet ?

the sunroof drains come down the rear pillars, i wonder if they exit somewhere near to where you mention

what does it taste like,.... actually that might be a bad question :blush:

have you a cat ?? :P