Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2005 Gs300 Loan Car Vs. My '98 Mk Iv

I have been given a new GS300 as my loan car for a couple of days while mine is at the dealer.

It's a really nice car. Very cool technology - Bluetooth phone kit, reversing camera, keyless entry, LED interior lighting, air conditioned seats etc...

The very best thing about it though is that I still prefer my 8-year old LS over the GS.

I now realise how good the quality of the leather and interior trim is, just how quiet it rides and how smooth and powerful the V8 is; and I understand why you pay such a premium for the flagship of the range when new. The LS430/460 must really rock - the technology, the luxury and the power.

I'm so pleased that I bought my LS - well chuffed that you can buy such a good car for the money that still holds it's own against anything on the road.

Perhaps I should have sent a Valentines Day card to my LS instead of my wife! ;)

I have been given a new GS300 as my loan car for a couple of days while mine is at the dealer.

It's a really nice car. Very cool technology - Bluetooth phone kit, reversing camera, keyless entry, LED interior lighting, air conditioned seats etc...

The very best thing about it though is that I still prefer my 8-year old LS over the GS.

I now realise how good the quality of the leather and interior trim is, just how quiet it rides and how smooth and powerful the V8 is; and I understand why you pay such a premium for the flagship of the range when new. The LS430/460 must really rock - the technology, the luxury and the power.

I'm so pleased that I bought my LS - well chuffed that you can buy such a good car for the money that still holds it's own against anything on the road.

Perhaps I should have sent a Valentines Day card to my LS instead of my wife! ;)

Perhaps I can add your eulogy to my e-bay sale site! Agree totally!

eeeeuuuhhhh....

I'm getting the cravings again. big paycheck coming at the end of the month and I am now thinking about buying a cheap Mk2/3 for peanuts and keeping it as a classic/spare motor. I know my BM is great and the V8 is yummy. but ......well... its just not and LS400 is it?

Gave the GS back today - I have to admit that it really did grow on me. The upshot is that I would actually like both!

Took the backroads to work every day as the GS handled so well, tend to avoid them in the LS as it feels a bit unsettled and hurried around some of the tight bends.

When I got back in the LS to drive home though the additional power and silky smooth delivery from the V8 was great.

My overall conclusion is that the GS is a good drivers car - it was engaging and very enjoyable once I got used to it.

On the other hand the LS is all about relaxed travelling. I'm sure that on a long run I actually get out feeling less stressed than when I started!

On the comment about getting a spare/classic LS - don't know if anyone saw the Used Car Roadshow, but the manager of the Beaulieu car collection when asked what was a classic in the making said that he would suggest mothballing a mint condition Mk I as it is definately going to become a classic icon.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links