Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Sport Cross

Hi all,

I have a 2002 SC and the fog lamp on the drivers side is full of mist/water. The lens isn't damaged or cracked.

Although the car has a used warrenty the dealer says that it's not covered.... :shutit:

....and it will cost around £200 to replace. :crying:

I'm hoping that there's a much cheaper solution to this !

Is it easy to remove ? Can I just pry off the lens and seal it up with some strong glue ?

Help....

i have the same problem, mines a normal Is200 though, ive had a look at it and i dont know how you get it out. the only way i can think of is by taking of the lining in the wheel arch but it doesnt seem easliy removable, and i dont want to pull it off and then it not fix back on

I agree. I can't get too worked up about fog lights either. They don't add any real benefit when foggy, and are not legal to use when there's no fog :blink:

When they stop working, you could always paint them.......

IanB :D

I have been through the foglight saga on my 2000 IS200.

I bought foglights off eBay for £118 a pair. CAme from Hong Kong but originally from Japan! Were in perfect condition. I needed 10mm ratchet spanner, dental mirror and small hands to replace lights. You do need to ease the wheelarch trim to get to the connector for the bulb

All done and cheaper than the £400 quoted by Lexus main dealer. Hope this helps

TudorDoc

The reason for filling with water is a membrane on the back of the unit designed to let heat out and also to keep water out, peels away from the oulet appature. As TudorDoc said, it takes a keyhole surgeon to access but once you have the unit out, you can empty the water out, dry with a hairdryer and then the membrane can be replaced or stuck back.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links