Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Jap Style Number Plates

Bram

Right then, bit of a weird topic I know.

If anybody can help i'll appreciate it, I've recently purchased an IS and the number plates on it are the standard UK size. However I'm wanting to put my cherished plate on the vehicle and I'd rather put the standard size plate on the front and the deeper japansese style on the back as a Lexus should come with, I'm wanting to know the depth of the rear plate so I can stipulate this when I order them.

Cheers fo any help!!

the deeper japansese style on the back as a Lexus should come with,

Cheers fo any help!!

In reality the LEXUS should not have the japanese size plate on the back....as it was never sold as a Lexus in japan :winky:

as it is a UK supplied car, it would be illegal to fit anything other than the correct sized plate

Edited by Monster-Mat

as it is a UK supplied car, it would be illegal to fit anything other than the correct sized plate

Small plate size, yes. Not sure if larger plate size is a big deal though. I've seen plenty of Rover 75's with "cheesy grin" shaped rear plates to fit the shape in the rear boot lid. Rover dealers seem to have no problem fitting them like this.

IanB :D

Small plate size, yes. Not sure if larger plate size is a big deal though. I've seen plenty of Rover 75's with "cheesy grin" shaped rear plates to fit the shape in the rear boot lid. Rover dealers seem to have no problem fitting them like this.

the correct sized plate, will change with how many digits your reg has

the requirements give mininmum/maximum distance between digits and distance to the edge of the plate

and correct size for digits

but no size for the overall plate

only imported vehicles may use the reduced size lettering

fancy plates will make plates to your dimensions

Alright then I'll hold my hands up, maybe I don't mean the Jap style plate.

I'm after the rear number plate that I've seen on numerous UK IS 200 that is exactly the same length as the standard UK plate put slightly deeper in height, the standard depth of a uk plate is 4 and 3quater inches, i suspect its between 5 and 6 inches for the plate I have seen!!!!

Cheers people ;)

I'm after the rear number plate that I've seen on numerous UK IS 200 that is exactly the same length as the standard UK plate put slightly deeper in height, the standard depth of a uk plate is 4 and 3quater inches, i suspect its between 5 and 6 inches for the plate I have seen!!!!

Cheers people ;)

ah, now i know what your after, i had one on the rear of my Blue is200, i got the plate made by lexus milton keynes, when they were in there original place.

other than that i cant help im afraid

Cheers people ;)

This prompted me to look at mine today. Lo and behold my Sportcross is fitted with a 6" high, standard width rear plate, fitted by Lexus Aberdeen ;)

Import sized plates are legal.......on imported vehicles only :blink:

Hmm. Strange how the law is so particular. I'd guess the Irish plate is about the same size as a rear motorbike plate, which is 7" tall.

The law is an ***** sometimes :duh:

Hmm. Strange how the law is so particular. I'd guess the Irish plate is about the same size as a rear motorbike plate, which is 7" tall.

The law is an ***** sometimes :duh:

Imports can only get away with it because there is often a plate holder already fixed to the car.

See here:

DVLA REGULATIONS

The increased depth plate can be fitted to rear no problem and is perfectly legal (as long as the text and spacing is legal).

Sixe is 520 x 152 mm. I got mine recently from www.demonplates.com. They have a good website and you can design your own on the screen, display it, then order. The plate then arrives exactly as per your design the next day or two. No documentation is required either as the company is Ireland based.

NOW thats a nice plate. Where did you get it from? i want one for LS400, is it legal in the UK?

its not the plate size which is important

its wether the correct sized characters are used and spaced correctly

if you can fit regulation characters and space them correctly you can use a square plate

only imports are allowed to use smaller characters