Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sport Grille

Rob's Lexx

after 2 months of waiting around, i got the phone call today from Lexus Leicester telling me that my white sports grille has arrived!!! picking it up on saturday so should e a good weekend.

How do i go about taking the existing grille off the car and replacing it with the new one???

one more thing, because i've had a bonnet and bumper respray (due to a couple of stone chips), if the colour of the grille is slightly off, will it be noticable do you think??

don't really wanna have to end up gettin a little surround sprayed up :duh:

will post some pics this weekend......hopefully!!! :D

cheers

rob

after 2 months of waiting around, i got the phone call today from Lexus Leicester telling me that my white sports grille has arrived!!! picking it up on saturday so should e a good weekend.

How do i go about taking the existing grille off the car and replacing it with the new one???

one more thing, because i've had a bonnet and bumper respray (due to a couple of stone chips), if the colour of the grille is slightly off, will it be noticable do you think??

cheers

rob

how much did it cost ya and is it the one with sport writtern in the bottom left

cheers

rob

Sorry, I didn't get back to mate, what with the problems with the s/c and all. Haven't been able to find it yet. Glad your sorted now anyway.

Fitting its really straight forward, 5 screws at the top and three clips at the bottom, you have to put your hand behind the grill and pull it towards you whilst holding the clips inside down.

cheers

rob

Remove the old grille by unscrewing about 12 screws that attach the grille from the inside (tip....you'll need a very short philips screwdriver!), I doubt if you'll notice any difference at all between the colours, white is one of the easiest colours to match.

cheers

rob

Remove the old grille by unscrewing about 12 screws that attach the grille from the inside (tip....you'll need a very short philips screwdriver!), I doubt if you'll notice any difference at all between the colours, white is one of the easiest colours to match.

what screws are you meaning ??

cheers

rob

how much did it cost ya and is it the one with sport writtern in the bottom left

cost me the lovely price of £36!!! BARGAIN!!!!! and yes....its has the sport logo at the bottom left corner

Went down to pick it up yesterday...they poped it in for me (how kind :D )

gotta say, it looks the mutts nuts and totally transforms the look of the front!! i like the fact that you can see the horn assembly through the mesh aswell.

anybody able tell me how i can get at the horn assembly so that i can give it a lick of paint. and also, what paint is best to use??

cheers

rob

(will post pics when i get round to taking them....digi cam's on the blink!!!!)

anybody able tell me how i can get at the horn assembly so that i can give it a lick of paint. and also, what paint is best to use??

cheers

rob

Open the bonnet and you'll see the horns in front of the radiator. Unclip the connector, undo the 10mm bolt and remove the horns. Hammerite smooth is decent paint.

cheers

rob

Open the bonnet and you'll see the horns in front of the radiator. Unclip the connector, undo the 10mm bolt and remove the horns. Hammerite smooth is decent paint.

as ever Mr M, a bundle of knowledge :winky:

sounds like an easy enough job...even for me. probably give it a go next weekend.

i didn't realise u could just remove the horns that simply.

where can i get the hammerite paint from and how many coats do u reckon they'y need?? 2??

where can i get the hammerite paint from and how many coats do u reckon they'y need?? 2??

Any decent hardware store - B&Q, Halfords, Wilko etc. It's around £7.50 a tin, 2 coats will be fine.

ok cheers mate. i'll pop daown in the week and buy a tin.

dunno what colour i'm gonna go for....was toying with the idea of silver (could then get my calipers done to match). is this hammerite stuff good for brake calipers aswell??

Any decent hardware store - B&Q, Halfords, Wilko etc. It's around £7.50 a tin, 2 coats will be fine.

ok cheers mate. i'll pop daown in the week and buy a tin.

dunno what colour i'm gonna go for....was toying with the idea of silver (could then get my calipers done to match). is this hammerite stuff good for brake calipers aswell??

Hammerite will be fine on your calipers , i personally think the smooth finish looks better . (there are 2 finishes available - smooth or hammered )

i am having trouble taking it off i have taken the 3 screws off at the top is there more?

There are "tounges" that are part of the bumper that push trough the bottom of the grille mate. I started at one side and worked across lifting each one in turn to release. Have a look at the new grille and you will see the rectangular holes that clip the bottom on, that will give you an idea of where they are :D

Also take all 5 "screws" out at the top this will allow a little bit of movement in the bumper

i am having trouble taking it off i have taken the 3 screws off at the top is there more?

There are "tounges" that are part of the bumper that push trough the bottom of the grille mate. I started at one side and worked across lifting each one in turn to release. Have a look at the new grille and you will see the rectangular holes that clip the bottom on, that will give you an idea of where they are :D

Also take all 5 "screws" out at the top this will allow a little bit of movement in the bumper

cheers done that and its now on

again thanks

• 3 weeks later...

apologies for the delay in posting up a pic of the sports grille finally fitted, but been pre-occupied with work recently and havn't really had the time to upload the images. anyway, this is how it looks with the fitted grille:

post-10931-1142890319.jpg