Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

V300, Only One With Tt's?

Ahhhh__Aristo

Hi all, noob here, I've put a deposit on a k plate 93 aristo at a traders, and he says it's the TT, (deposit is on the condition that his description is right)

But it seems way to cheap for the money, and im guessing it's an N/A.

I'll be really peeved if it is as I've got a 100 odd mile drive.

Having looked on here, it seems the v300 is the only TT, is that right?? as seen a few Aristos advertised as TT's but not as a V300.

Unfortunately I've got no pics of the engine bay, only a few of the car.

Hope to be a fixtre round here if I get it, not sure if I will though if it's a N/A

Cheers folks

Hi and Welcome to the LOC :)

Dont be put off by the low price of the car,more than likely a TT model...insurance puts people of buying the TT model and the price of fuel,because its a import...it also makes them hard to sale...

Just make sure you have a good good look around the car before you hand your money over as the price of parts arent cheap :ohmy:

Good luck with looking at the car.

Cheers chips..

Think I'm correct is saying, all the V300 Series are TT's, the S300 Series aren't.

When you go and check the motor, ask about when the last service was and also cambelt change etc...

BR

Paul

Cheers for the welcome.

I brought it :D (it was a TT)

It's had an oil and filter change recently, no history of cambelt.

Would I be right in thinking a cambelt kit will be the same for all the 2jz engines??

Got a few questions, but think I'll have a search first then post a new thread if I can't find the answers.

Just got to stop smiling now :D

Well Done on buying the car.....You know the next question...Any pictures of your new car :)

As to the cam belt id get it changed asap if your keeping the car,the fan/powersteering,A/C belt has to come off to get to the cam belt...i had both belts changed at the same time :winky:

Think it was about £100 for both belts and a local garage changed them for £130 labour....the bottom pulley can be a pig to get off,or id have changed them myself :)

Cheers chips..

I'll get some pics when I can stop driving it :D

I did have some from the advert, but think I deleted them, I'll take some this week as I won't be using it much now until I get the belts changed, although I believe the 2jz is a non interference engine, apart from the VVti model, but still, better safe than sorry.

While I'm here, what's the auto airpuri toggle switch?? sounds like a fan at the rear, is it what is says, and air purifier??

And, whats that flip down visor above the rear view mirror??

I have a owners handbook, but my Japanese is a little rusty :D

Cheers

The "Auto-Purifier" is a fliter for the cabin, it removed stall smells like pollen, cig smells etc..., the filter is in the boot above the fuel tank on the right hand side. There a 2 fans under speaker look-like grills on the parcel shelf.

The centre mirror visor is for when the sun is in the odd postion and neither visor are any good for blocking out the sun, it's actually quite usefull really

BR

Paul

insurance puts people of buying the TT model

Sorry to go slightly off topic...I found it quite reasonable to insure, Elephant have already told me my next years premium is only going to be £450 and im only 23. Not like a Soarer or skyline where the cheapest quote i could get was £1200 :duh:

btw Norkep, just noticed your siggy. The aristo has the 2jzgte and the celica gt4 has the 3sgte :winky:

btw Norkep, just noticed your siggy. The aristo has the 2jzgte and the celica gt4 has the 3sgte :winky:

Yep - 3sgte, not 9sgte, engine block shows these marking under the block number, it's the mould in which the block was done in

Yep - 3sgte, not 9sgte, engine block shows these marking under the block number, it's the mould in which the block was done in

You have a 2jzgte with 3sgte written on it? :blink:

You have a 2jzgte with 3sgte written on it? :blink:

Not 3s but 9s, Engine block shows - JZS147-VIN#, (next line) - 2JZ-9S-GTE, noticed this when the removing bits to be able to get to the TT's

Not 3s but 9s, Engine block shows - JZS147-VIN#, (next line) - 2JZ-9S-GTE, noticed this when the removing bits to be able to get to the TT's

Hummmm interesting :) I wonder why they chose to write 9sgte on the side. I heard the 2jz block is based on the 3sgte so perhaps 9sgte was the codename they gave it...

Good find that, i never knew they had that stamped on them ;)

• 2 weeks later...