Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Ive just crossed 100k on my IS200 and need to do a service. lexus cardiff quoted £470 approx - £310 for Cambelt and £160 for service.

I dont plan to sell my car anytime soon so i dont really wanna bother with Dealers service as prices are beyond me. Would anyone recommend going to an approved independent garage and where can i buy lexus cambelt parts if i wanted to supply the garage and be charged for only labour.

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Ive just crossed 100k on my IS200 and need to do a service. lexus cardiff quoted £470 approx - £310 for Cambelt and £160 for service.

I dont plan to sell my car anytime soon so i dont really wanna bother with Dealers service as prices are beyond me. Would anyone recommend going to an approved independent garage and where can i buy lexus cambelt parts if i wanted to supply the garage and be charged for only labour.

thanks in advance

doesnt sound bad to me that, when i was in the dealership with my dad the other week, i enquired while he was waiting for his car as mine will be due for its 100k come summer. I was quoted over £400 for mine excluding the cambelt as ive already had that done.

im sure they just make these prices up off the top of there head

• 3 months later...

thought id bump this up instead of strarting a new thread, but the time as come for my 100k service, does anyone have a list of whats actually done in the service?

reason i ask is ive just got a quote from my local garage and they want £126 + VAT (not includint cam belt), which seems very cheap.

i know i can trust them as they have a good reputation and i have used them many times before. when driving past i they always seem to be working on top marque cars and also have car showroom next door which mainly deal in prestige (sp) cars.

it just seems to cheap! so a list of what is actually done at the 100k would be great.

thanks for the help

• 1 month later...