Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

18" Wheels For Is 250

Matty

Hows it going guys.

As a "newbie" to this game (only found the site yesterday), I need some help/advice.

I'll be picking up my new IS 250 next week, the base model, with 16" wheels as standard. From the begining I decided that I wanted 18" alloys as an extra, preferably the same ones on the Sport model.

However, the dealer in question told me that the base model was not capable of accommodating 18" wheels, as the car was not set up for them!! He went on to tell me that Lexus themselves didn't recommend the 18's, but did recommend the 17's.

I have seen on the Lexus UK website that there are 2 sets of 18's available as an optional extra. As I live in the Irish Republic, I don't think these will be available for some time. However, I travel to the UK many times a year and plan to buy them while I am their.

But, will they fit!!!!!!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Matty,

I'm in the same situation, I'm in Ireland and have my IS220d with the standard 16's for a few weeks now, they do let the car down a bit. Dealer also told me that the 18's aren't recommended, but I wonder is this just a ruse to keep the IS220/250 sport models more exclusive looking?

If anyone has any info on this please advise, the HOSHI 18#s advertised on the UK site look the business if they can be fitted to the standard 220!

Also, for any prospective buyers out there, the dark blue (my colour) is a bit of a let down, too dark, gets dirty very quick, black would be better but the red is the colour to go for if I was starting over.

Other than that the car is great, love it!

pmh

Matty,

I'm in the same situation, I'm in Ireland and have my IS220d with the standard 16's for a few weeks now, they do let the car down a bit. Dealer also told me that the 18's aren't recommended, but I wonder is this just a ruse to keep the IS220/250 sport models more exclusive looking?

If anyone has any info on this please advise, the HOSHI 18#s advertised on the UK site look the business is they can be fitted to the standard 220!

Also, for any prospective buyers out there, the dark blue (my colour) is a bit of a let down, too dark, gets durty very quick, black would be better but the red is the colour to go for if I w3as starting over.

Other than that the car is great, love it, but I may have a small issue with supposed Lexus bullet proof quality, will hold fire for a while on that!

pmh

Those dealers are talking out the wrong oriface! The 18" fit all the models. The tyre takes care of the difference in diameter. The wheels on the rear are wider than the front, so they can't be switched diagonally except for the 250 AWD available in the USA which has of course the same size all round (and I think 16" as standard.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links