Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Annoying Alarm Sounds

rap03

Hi.

As there are more people using the UK site (and more owners), I thought I would post this quiery here.

I have tried the dealership, but aftr 2 weeks, still waiting an answer.

Has anybody else noticed that when you get in the car and get the accessories on (not trying to start the car), if the drivers door is open, you get this annoying donging sound! :angry:

Does anybody know how to stop it, besides closing the door or pushing the door button in?

The other annoying sound is when you don't have your seatbelt on (or disconnect) at speeds over 20Ks. It's ok seeing the warning light come on (as in the IS200) but these warning sounds are sooooo annoying. :duh:

I think if you did disconnect these it would void your warranty

Its for the dumb americans...so you know when you have fgorgotten your seatbelt or when your door is open

Glad you mentioned the "void warranty" issue as I was thinking of getting something dont about the seat belt wires. Not that I dont wear a seat belt, quite the opposite! But the noise is so annoying, puts you into a panic trying to get the dawn things on when the seat belt alarm comes on.

My wife drove the car the other day and placed bag on the passenger seat. Once she drove off the alarm went off, but she didnt know it was the alarm for the passengers side caused by the bag placed on the passenger seat! Anyway after a faffing about she realised it was the bag on the passenger seat.

Hurrah for the wife!

I think the sound when not having the seatbelt on is pretty good actually, and also gives more points in Euro Ncap (I think). Witout one in my old car, I sometimes - against better knowledge - drove a bit before buckling up, and that I obviously do not do anymore. But then I might be a stupid Swede of course ;)

The door alarm though is pretty annoying...

I have not tried this myself, but this should get rid of the seatbelt blings:

1. turn the key to the ON position (press Start 2 times), foot off the brake

2. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B )

3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position

4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.

5. turn the key to the ON position (Press Start 2 times). when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)

6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.

7. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.

8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off.

2. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B )

5. turn the key to the ON position (Press Start 2 times). when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)

6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.

7. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.

Or alternatively fasten seatbelt before driving! :tomato: :P

Does this switch it off permanently or does it need to be done every time?

One would assume you can programme other features with this method by doing something else at stage 6 :question::question:

I'll give it a try at the weekend.

Does this switch it off permanently or does it need to be done every time?

One would assume you can programme other features with this method by doing something else at stage 6 :question::question:

I'll give it a try at the weekend.

Couldn't get this to work. :huh::huh:

Try the process again. It's been posted on several sites here in the U.S. and it works just fine. And it's permanent until you disconnect the Battery or switch the alarm back on.

It also works for some recent Toyotas (albeit turning an ignition key instead of pressing Start). I turned the annoying alarm off on my Toyota Matrix using this procedure.

And yes, I'm one of those "dumb Americans". LOL. :)

But I do wear my seatbelt! There are times I want to stop at the mailbox and don't want the alarm annoying me until I hit the driveway!

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't get this to work. :huh::huh:

well now that the wheather has warmen up - I had a go on the seatbelt beep removal.

and yes You are right - it doesnt work.

However I tried it vice-a-versa - the seatbelt was buckled when started the car and while holding the ODO button I unbuckled it - and voila - the "b on" appeared on "ODO screen".

so I pressed the odo button (to show "b Off", then pressed the Start button to "exit") and can now confirm, that by doing it so - the seatbelt beebs are history.

Thanks guys. I used the proceedure that erol supplied and it worked. I think it is a matter of how long you hold down the ODO button before fastening the seatbelt.

But is does work.

Now to get rid of the alarm for when you have the door open and you have only pushed the iginition button to get up accessories.

That is, if you are in the car trying to use the radio, etc and not start it, pushing the ignition button once will bring up accessories, but you can't leave the door open or you get an alarm sound.

Anyone know how to de-activate that one?

Just press then release the black door button on the drivers door pillar (which is normally pressed in when the door shuts). This will stop the chime and you can leave the door open. Resets after you shut the door though.

Just press then release the black door button on the drivers door pillar (which is normally pressed in when the door shuts). This will stop the chime and you can leave the door open. Resets after you shut the door though.

Exactly what I did when changing my pedal set last week-end. However, it hasn't re-set for some reason...don't think I'll chase an answer to that one as I'm more than happy it doesn't do it :lol:

Hi.

As there are more people using the UK site (and more owners), I thought I would post this quiery here.

I have tried the dealership, but aftr 2 weeks, still waiting an answer.

Has anybody else noticed that when you get in the car and get the accessories on (not trying to start the car), if the drivers door is open, you get this annoying donging sound! :angry:

Does anybody know how to stop it, besides closing the door or pushing the door button in?

The other annoying sound is when you don't have your seatbelt on (or disconnect) at speeds over 20Ks. It's ok seeing the warning light come on (as in the IS200) but these warning sounds are sooooo annoying. :duh:

To stop the donging sound you can just press IGN-ON then it will stop. :)

Am i the only one who actually likes the idea of being reminded by these smart cars...... Usually have alot of distractions around ( kids) so it's great to have a machine remind you as oppossed to the other half ( which can lead to tension)....:blush::lol:

Am i the only one who actually likes the idea of being reminded by these smart cars...... Usually have alot of distractions around ( kids) so it's great to have a machine remind you as oppossed to the other half ( which can lead to tension)....:blush::lol:

I don't mind most of the reminders but the passenger seatbelt is very annoying if your a passenger and are about to get dropped off. You can't take your seatbelt off before the car is stationary.

I would also prefer it if the satnav wasn't disabled while driving. I bet tomtoms arent.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links