Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Type Of Obd-ii System On Altezza

Deco

Have already purchased two OBD-II Compliant Code Readers but neither work on a 2002 Toyota Altezza. Any Suggestions!!!!

Deco,

No idea what you are talking about, just wanted to say WELCOME to a fellow Dublin resident. :winky:

Some of the lads will be along any minute with the answer............... Zee, Mat, Am? :lol::lol:

DB

Got any pics? 2002 is the newest Altezza I've seen on here.........

the altezza doesnt use OBDII

Then why does it have an OBD-II connector @ the Drivers Kickpanel

Have already purchased two OBD-II Compliant Code Readers but neither work on a 2002 Toyota Altezza. Any Suggestions!!!!

Deco,

No idea what you are talking about, just wanted to say WELCOME to a fellow Dublin resident. :winky:

Some of the lads will be along any minute with the answer............... Zee, Mat, Am? :lol::lol:

DB

Got any pics? 2002 is the newest Altezza I've seen on here.........

Sorry no pictures yet -

Did you buy the reader online?

I bought a FEW online claiming to be the leader in OBD products and a few which can plug into Pocket PC, but most only work on certain make, as opposed to ALL OBD-II complaint.

However, when I plug my R-Vit into the OBD port, it works flawlessly. :unsure:

It has a diagnostic socket but it isn't ODB-II compliant. They use the standard connector because OBD-II is used on export vehicles (e.g. IS200) so use the same part.

OBD-II isn't a requirement in Japan, unlike the US and Europe. As the 4 cylinder engine in the RS200 isn't exported there was no reason for Toyota to rework the ECU to be ODB-II compliant.

Did you buy the reader online?

I bought a FEW online claiming to be the leader in OBD products and a few which can plug into Pocket PC, but most only work on certain make, as opposed to ALL OBD-II complaint.

However, when I plug my R-Vit into the OBD port, it works flawlessly. :unsure:

thanks for the info - what's an R-Vit

It has a diagnostic socket but it isn't ODB-II compliant. They use the standard connector because OBD-II is used on export vehicles (e.g. IS200) so use the same part.

OBD-II isn't a requirement in Japan, unlike the US and Europe. As the 4 cylinder engine in the RS200 isn't exported there was no reason for Toyota to rework the ECU to be ODB-II compliant.

Mine is a 6 cylinder - do you know of any diagnostic equipment that does work on it?

• 4 years later...

t.

do you have any idea of what kinda -Engine Control Diagnostic machine i need to read my engine error code output on a SXE10 3SGE? and what kind of plug would fit into stock ecu?

thanks

alex

• 9 years later...

I have altezza 3sge sxe10 and only one i have seen working was snap-on at mine car mechanics, running as one of Toyota models that communicated. He was able to monitor lambda sensor not working and after replacing monitored readings and then cleared codes, which changed sound of engine to normal. 

Gotta use Toyota techstream or equivalent. My Soarer has an OBDII port but it doesn't work. Generic code scanners are of fairly limited use for Toyota imports IME.