Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speaker Settings

Hi all,

Just wondering what everyone else's settings are for the IS200 SE speakers?

I've got Bass at -2, Mid at 1, and Treb at 2..

but it's STILL a bit bass-heavy (the rear ones). I know I could take the bass down even more, but it doesn't seem normal to be listening to speakers with such a negative bass setting! I've never had to do it to other cars. On the contrary, I often pump UP the bass in my dad's LS400 whenever I get into it..

They've changed the speakers a couple of times since the car was launched, and have changed the head unit once. The original setup (cd at the bottom and a black front speakers without the crome - 1999/early 2000 cars) was known for being base heavy but in my opinion sounded the best.

Personally I prefer the slightly less bassy noise from the newer cars, but having said that I unfortunately was blessed with ears that struggle to tell the difference between ordinary and expensive systems, although I would like to be able to hear conversations in later life so can't ever see myself fitting bass tubes etc!

No,no,no I'm starting to sound like my father.

basss....5

mid......5

treb.......5

thats only cos i cannot be bothered to change them.........

anyway,i may as well just remove the sound system cos when them twin turbo's come on song,they will sound better than anything Mozart composed

Bass -3 (due to small ammount of bass coming from boot install :blink: )

Mid +2

Treble -2

The rear speakers in the IS are not up to much in my opinion, so I also fade +3 to the front, so there is just a small ammount of rear fill. When you listen to the speakers separately (i.e. fade max front or rear) you can tell how poor the rear speakers are compared to the fronts. When I finally get round to upgrading my speakers, I am going to junk the rears completely and just get some quality components in the front. Does anyone else find the tweeters in the IS too bright like me?

• 4 weeks later...

bass 4, mid 3 treble 4

listening to hip-hop, r&b, bit of garage and some reggae

very bassy music but also needs good treble and mids

and i agree the factory setup is the best i've heard of any standard unit in any car i've been in

For the record - loud mid / treble will do more damage to your hearing than loud bass - your eardrum and hairs vibrate slower for low frequencies and faster for higher frequecies (thats how your brain knows the difference between high and low sounds)

Its common for sound engineers (in particular those who record drums) to have bits missing in there hearing range - 4khz doesnt exist in my hearing! (high mid smack from snare drums!)

Heart displacement (death!) can occur with freqs between 4-50hz if its very very loud!

Im a mine of useless information!

Bass 0

Mid +3

Treb +3

Fad +2 Front

I have the older audio setup (CD at the bottom) and think it is the best standard setup I have ever come across!

Had to fade slightly to the front to allow the bass to sound a bit more rounded. I play a lot of heavy bass tunes in Reggae and RnB but like it to sound "round"!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links