Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 220d

Meanwhile here in Ireland the IS220d should account for the major part of IS sales.

We have a different car taxing system here which is based on engine size.

For instance the 2004 upgrade C 180 I currently drive and dislike intensly for a number of reasons, costs me €484 per year to tax because of the 1796 cc engine whereas the 2.2l diesel engine in the IS will cost about €750 p/a and the 2.5l petrol will cost about €950 per annum.

Plus the fact that I can claim back the VAT on the diesel but not on petrol makes the diesel a more attractive proposition.

I have in fact ordered the 220d with MM (silver) for delivery in March/April I would have preferred the petrol but it does not make economic sense. Also I am hoping that the diesel will hold its value better than the petrol and as I only do about 10,000 miles per year I hope not to get shafted as I am on the Merc.

For your info the base 220d here with no extras is €44,690, the 250 is €45,860 ( euro=68p)

Metalic paint is €1050 and the MM package is a whopping €5435.

So think of us when you are complaining about car prices.

2.2 €722

2.5 €821

i am going for the 2.5 exec with MM because Im only going to do this once and Im not willing to buy less than I absloutely want for the sake of a few grand!

saying that i drove the deisel and its extremely nice.If it had auto and paddles it may have won my heart .

My advice is if you wanted the 2.5 get it.....dont be sensible.......sensible is a yaris

I can understand where you are coming from as I am just terminating a short relationship with a Merc c180 with A/T Avantgarde/Sports Package /Sat nav/Metallic Black etc.The extras cost about €15000. Only thing is, no-one told me that I might as well have taken my 15000 and burned it,as I will not get anything for the extras on the trade in. The Merc was my dream car and I am completely dissapointed with it. So this time I went the other way I bought the base model plus the MM package to shut the kids up ( they wanted the dvd/playstation in the back of the head rests (€4,000). So even if I dont like the car I hopefully will not lose too much. Then if I trade in on another IS in two/three years I can go for something with a better spec.

2.2 €722

2.5 €821

i am going for the 2.5 exec with MM because Im only going to do this once and Im not willing to buy less than I absloutely want for the sake of a few grand!

saying that i drove the deisel and its extremely nice.If it had auto and paddles it may have won my heart .

My advice is if you wanted the 2.5 get it.....dont be sensible.......sensible is a yaris

Same here - I like you want this next car for ever...but love the environment too much to go for the petrol.

The only thing is that the diesel is not that economical...

A part of me thinks the petrol auto should have been the right choice... :duh:

I bought the base model plus the MM package to shut the kids up ( they wanted the dvd/playstation in the back of the head rests (€4,000).

4000 euro for a dvd and playstation with screens in headrests??? Got to me more to it than that for that kind of money surely??? :ohmy:

I bought the base model plus the MM package to shut the kids up ( they wanted the dvd/playstation in the back of the head rests (€4,000).

4000 euro for a dvd and playstation with screens in headrests??? Got to me more to it than that for that kind of money surely??? :ohmy:

I am surprised myself. When I first saw the brochure and saw the entertainment package I queried the price with Lexus Ireland who could not give me a price for it , so I rang the dealer and was given a price over the phone of €1500/2000. which seemed ok.

When I was ordering the car I asked what the actual price was and the sales guy said €4000 .I told him that I had been quoted the other price and he said that this was a Lexus system (Ohhh!) not one put in by a local auto electrician and because it came with the car it carried the same 3 year warranty as the car .Take from that what you like.

Anyway it seems that any extra over here is way dearer than in the UK. I asked them to put a mat in the boot to hopefully level it out a bit and that is costing €150 (must be self cleaning)

What's the accesories brochure? I wasn't shown one of these on either of my trips to the showroom placing an order.

It is a separate brochure, that quite honestly, I found by accident on one of my scouting trips to another Lexus dealer. When I was trying to get a good price for my Merc. It has things in it like alloys, bicycle holders, floor mats and the entertainments packace. You would think that they would be leaving them around the showrooms willy nilly to whet our appetites for more goodies. Especially as there is not too much extra you can put in the IS ( unlike the Merc-- *** I hate that car)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links