Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Consumption

akkilles

From previous experience, the trip computer is only accurate to within 10% (or in some cases more...).

That's how it is on most cars, as it has a tendancy to over/under compensate when decelerating or accelerating hard...coasting etc.

So, these figures that are quoted are they "actual" or what's stated on the trip computer?

My old Audi would show 59+ MPG on my route into Essex, but filling up again and doing the maths would show closer to 54 Mpg.

Vauxhall's and Mazda's/other cars can do the opposite...i.e. it would show 30mpg but the car would be averaging 33-35mpg on a "brim to brim" calculation depending on whether you've driven it hard or not.

PS - mentioned it to my wife, who is not best pleased with this. We feel that the local dealer is naff and it's hard to have confidence in them fully, and Lexus may have been slightly too "Lab" orientated when stating MPG for the diesel...and therefore making it impossible for anyone to hit anything like what they have stated! I wonder what Trading statndards would have to make of it!

Rather than going for a Petrol Lexus, I think she would prefer we went back to VAG and for an Audi again...or dare I mention the TLA starting with a capital "B"....!

I'm just keen that we stick with the deal we have...I've been looking forward to this new car too much to wanna change!

Used to get roughly 26MPG, in the past 2 weeks and past 2 tank fulls I got 17 and 19 respectively, can't think why :whistling:

After filling up yesterday and doing the calcuations I got 21.76MPG, 282 miles from 59litres. Not really bothering me as I only do about 40 miles a week in it.

99 IS200 Sport 66,000 miles

I get 110 miles to £20 of petrol each week with petrol prices being 87.9p per litre at the moment. not sure what that is in mpg. im sure someone could work it out. Oh and i like to give my cars Shell unleaded and sty clear of supermarkets. no performance stuff though cos petrol cost enough as it is!!

Used to get roughly 26MPG, in the past 2 weeks and past 2 tank fulls I got 17 and 19 respectively, can't think why :whistling:

After filling up yesterday and doing the calcuations I got 21.76MPG, 282 miles from 59litres. Not really bothering me as I only do about 40 miles a week in it.

Are you using super/optimax?

I think my mpg has actually improved probably because i dont have to rev it hard anymore. :winky:

99 IS200 Sport 66,000 miles

I get 110 miles to £20 of petrol each week with petrol prices being 87.9p per litre at the moment. not sure what that is in mpg. im sure someone could work it out. Oh and i like to give my cars Shell unleaded and sty clear of supermarkets. no performance stuff though cos petrol cost enough as it is!!

Ans

= 87.9p per litre ( 1 uk gallon = 4.546 litres)

=£3.99p per gallon (UK)

£20 / £3.99p = 5.01 gallons

110 miles / 5.01 =

21.956 MPG (approx)

B)

not good at this time of year too cold

in the summer i usually get around 400-420 per tank

in the winter it is usually 380 why is this

IS 200 Sport

Paying 86.9 at moment from Tesco

and why do i have to fill the car up with the nozzel upside down, if i put it the correct way the gun keeps clicking out How Strange

Matt

I did 500 mile is a test IS220D and the best I got was 44mpg on a 200 mile run from birmingham to london - 95% motorway. I've ordered my 220D (due in june!)and will not be happy if it doesn't get to 50mpg on motorway cruising. I mean I can get to 40mpg cruising in my merc 200K auto so i should beat that with a diesel - especially as I chose lexus over BMW 2.0D on the basis that fuel consumption would be similar!!! I would be interested to hear what lexus have to say being as the figures on this forum seem miles of the published specs..

Haf.

I did 500 mile is a test IS220D and the best I got was 44mpg on a 200 mile run from birmingham to london - 95% motorway. I've ordered my 220D (due in june!)and will not be happy if it doesn't get to 50mpg on motorway cruising. I mean I can get to 40mpg cruising in my merc 200K auto so i should beat that with a diesel - especially as I chose lexus over BMW 2.0D on the basis that fuel consumption would be similar!!! I would be interested to hear what lexus have to say being as the figures on this forum seem miles of the published specs..

Haf.

Haf, were you in sixth gear on the 200 mile run ? What was the mpg for the other 300 miles ?

not good at this time of year too cold

in the summer i usually get around 400-420 per tank

in the winter it is usually 380 why is this

IS 200 Sport

Paying 86.9 at moment from Tesco

and why do i have to fill the car up with the nozzel upside down, if i put it the correct way the gun keeps clicking out How Strange

Matt

Good point why do we have problems filling up with the nozzle? Tesco's round here havent got super unleaded yet :crybaby:

I think my mpg has actually improved probably because i dont have to rev it hard anymore. :winky:

That's what I was telling him just the other day, but to be honest, I think he likes revving the nuts off it too damn much ;)

That's what I was telling him just the other day, but to be honest, I think he likes revving the nuts off it too damn much ;)

Hell yeah boy, just love hearing that engine roar.

I use BP Ultimate. Found it a little more responsive than optimax. Plus you get lots of necter points too.

Just remember to reset your ecu when you change fuel types.

Haf.

Haf, were you in sixth gear on the 200 mile run ? What was the mpg for the other 300 miles ?

Yes, the 200 mile run was mostly doing 75-80 in 6th and I don't think i went over 2000 rpm at all. The other 300 miles was more regular driving (A roads and city) and I got an average of around 34mpg

hello all i am at the moment trying the snow button during motoway driving and i have noticed a difference already, i usually do 100 mile on the first qtr tank, but this time i have reached the 100 and have not used a qtr.

using this button does it do any damage or does it just lower the revs.?

Cheers

Matt

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links