Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official Tte/nurburgring For Attendees

Zee007

Ok guys, I'm going to be updating this over the next couple of days. Please keep an eye on this thread.

To start with, I need all those as CONFIRMED attendees to POST BELOW with FIRM numbers. JUST THOSE GOING PLEASE. This thread needs to be kept clean. so no rubbish else it will be deleted.

DATE now confirmed: Weds 12th to Sun 16th APRIL

Plan of action will be ferry over on Day 1 (Dover to Calais as it's cheap), then drive to Koln. Stay at the Ibis near TTE and have a tour of their entire famous facilities on Day 2 followed by a night out. Day 3 will be a drive to the Nurburgring for the entire day, doing a few laps if you want, and meeting the TOC crowd before returning to Koln in the evening. Day 4 at the Nurburgring again or drive home. It's not overly expensive, and ask any of those who have been over with me and Mat in the last 3 years, it's a fantatstic trip!

COSTS:

- Petrol (Around 3/4 tanks)

- Ferry Dover to Calais (approximately £70 for 1 car and up to 4 passengers return)

- 4 nights at the Ibis in Koln (50 to 60 Euros per night)

- Track costs are 56 Euros for 4 laps and 16 Euros for 1 lap

- Spending money

Remember, this is a HUGE opportunity to visit the fantastic TTE plant, meet some of the guys, see some VERY special cars and have a go round the legendary Nurburgring!

And the reason we are going on a Wednesday is so that we can go round TTE on Thursday (so they will actually be there!). Friday will be speant at the Nurburgring, and Sunday home ready for work on Monday morning... :D

Link to Nurburgring Website

Click here for last years trip

Can I have posts indicating if people are interested or not and whether you would like to be a passenger or drive yourself.

Cheers

Zee

Car 1 - Zee + Grim - HOTEL AND FERRY BOOKED

Car 2 - Mike Morse + Prisca - HOTEL AND FERRY BOOKED

Car 3 - Lee + Neimad - HOTEL AND FERRY BOOKED

Car 4 - Jason + Josie - HOTEL AND FERRY BOOKED

Car 5 - Bazza + Janey - HOTEL AND FERRY BOOKED

Car 6 - Marcus - HOTEL AND FERRY BOOKED

Car 7 - Dave and Kami - HOTEL BOOKED

Car 8 - Sanj + 3 - HOTEL AND FERRY BOOKED

- Thom (passenger)

Below is Ken's post from TOC:

Have just popped this up on TOC, might help some who haven't been before-

Thing's you will need to take with you by LAW

New for this year is High Vis Vests and you MUST have 1 for every person in the car (thank's Belgium)

GB badge on your car, a numberplate with a GB logo is accepted.

Warning Triangle

First Aid Box

Fire Extinguisher

Spare Bulb Set as you will be fined if pulled over for a defective light and cannot do anything about it.

Bulb Deflectors (you will need them on as you must put your lights on if it is raining or the conditions are dark)

Documents that need to be in your car when you are driving

Passport

V5

Driving Liscense

Insurance Cert (some insurers still issue green cards so you will need to carry that if they still issue them)

Thing's That I Want You To Do

As Chris has said get a EHIC.

Get European Breakdown Cover for the Trip BUT not with the AA or RAC as they will not recover anywhere near the Ring.

Make sure your breaks & tyres are in very good condition and that your car is fit for the Ring.

When you call your insurance up in April you are going to Koblenz for Easter, tis where the Rhine and the Mosel meets don't you know

For those that tinker with their cars you'll all know what tool's you use the most so bring them just incase.

If you have a towrope bring it as you are more than likely to be around another member out on track so if you have a off you can have a quick hook up an off as you don't want to be paying for armco and a tow.

Drive safely and well within your limits, if you cannot see the next corner or track infront due to a crest it will more than likely turn out to be turning the way you wouldn't expect it so slow down. Last year we had nothing worse than a few knackered brakes and a clutch on it's way out so the same attititude again please peeps

Port to hotel driving and vice versa, don't speed peeps as the fines are huge so stay in convoy please. Also at the ring if you are going to the garage for fuel don't speed down the road as the police last year were hiding behind the parked cars with the laser gun.

If i think of owt else i'd add it on in a seperate post and just think in 7 week's time we will be on our way back .

HOTEL BOOKING.

Please book the following hotel for 4 nights (if yiu want to stay till Sunday) or 3 nights (if you want to leave Saturday).

Hotel in Koln is Ibis Frechen: http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/fic...che_hotel.shtml

FERRY:

P&O Ferry from Dover to Clais.

Going out on Wednesday at 14:25

Returning Sunday at 16:55

I have booked this and it cost £75 return for the car and 2 passengers.

Please post once all confirmed.

Edited by Zee007

Booked :)

Our Rate - Room(s) for 2 person

From Apr 12, 2006 to Apr 14, 2006 (Price per night) 59.00 EUR

From Apr 14, 2006 to Apr 16, 2006 (Price per night) 49.00 EUR

Total from Apr 12, 2006 to Apr 16, 2006 216.00 EUR

OK. Final booking you need to make.

P&O Ferry from Dover to Clais.

Going out on Wednesday at 14:25

Returning Sunday at 16:55

I have booked this and it cost £75 return for the car and 2 passengers.

Please post once all confirmed.

Waiting for a couple of peeps to confirm Ferry bookings please.

Also, no sign of Nick, Jason or Raz - I assume you won't be joining us?

Is Mat C not coming :question:

Nick seemed fairly committed on Saturday

Waiting for a couple of peeps to confirm Ferry bookings please.

Also, no sign of Nick, Jason or Raz - I assume you won't be joining us?

I assume you mean another Jason ?

Great stuff chaps - we are nearly there!

If I could please ask all thpose attending to PM me a few things.

- I need Full names of those attending.

- The Full reg number of you car.

- The colour and model of your car.

- An ACTIVE mobile number that you will have with you (including a contingency number if there are 2 of you for example).

- Any health/medical issues that I should be aware of.

I will file a lot of this info. However, I want to compile a list for everyone so that we have a numbers/cars in case we need to contact one another. These will be issued at Dover.

Hope this helps.

Zee :)