Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

na sod it , its too much messing just for 2 rear wheels, my wheels i got now have new rubber on and last time i bought tires they lasted me 5 years :) id like 10 inch rears but not that much, first priority is a refurb place, 80 miles radius of Leeds that does diamond, finding one of these places is going to be a harder challenge than finding 10 inch rears in the first place

Steve

na sod it , its too much messing just for 2 rear wheels, my wheels i got now have new rubber on and last time i bought tires they lasted me 5 years :) id like 10 inch rears but not that much, first priority is a refurb place, 80 miles radius of Leeds that does diamond, finding one of these places is going to be a harder challenge than finding 10 inch rears in the first place

Steve

The previous owner of my car had the wheels refurbished at a place in Wakefield and they have done an excellent job. I got a spare pair of the 8" sport alloys as I was doing a lot of miles and replacing two 10" rears every 4 months was hurting the wallet.

The alloys I got of a LOC member, had just been refurbed but it turned out they had done a :tsktsk: job and within 2 months they were awful. However the fronts have hardly any marks on them despite the refurb being about 3-4 yrs old and a number of kirbing incidents :crybaby:

Alloy Wheel Repairs - 01924 259932

He charges £45 per wheel and can usually turn them around in 24 hours. However they must be true, he can repair them if they aren't but the total cost may go up to £85.

Get yourself a polishing mop kit from frost and buff em up nice and shiny. Then just either have them laquered with good hard Two pack or Laquer them yourself. It works out a lot cheaper than sending them off.

If the outer edge of your rims are black then thats because they have filler on them to hide the kerb marks.

I have started to refurb my spare set now and they are turning out really well however i can see myself having a bid on these as well.

how come the rears eat rubber that much?

They tend not to wear even as the suspension set up everyone has is based on the 8" wheels all round and the 10" rears throw it out slightly.

However any decent gripping tyre is not going to give massive mileage. I found 12,000 miles was about the limit, which meant I needed a new set every 4 months.

sod that. i buy tyres i want em to last , and 4 months is daft.

or am i just a tight northerner :)

Your going to struggle to get any tyre on a car this weight, with rear wheel drive and over 200bhp to go 30,000 miles.

I was just doing high mileage, if you only do 10,000 per annum then a rear set will last you more than a full year. I also tend not to hang about and give it a bit from the lights and so on, which will not help tyre life.

these wheels went for 625 quid, by suprise suprise, some one with a mk4 supra :(

why oh why :(

Steve

Why oh why?? Well its because wheels that look good on a supra that fit over the UK spec brakes are few and far between. Bear in mind most supras these days have 400 or more brake those 10" wheels for the rear are a major bonus. Also going any bigger than 18" on a supra fecks the handling up so these wheels are ideal. I know of at least 5 members of the supra forum have bought these new and as you can't get them here in the UK they have imported them from abroad and obtained new centre caps for them as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links