Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Tyres Are On Your New Is?

Just picked up my new IS250 SE at lunch time and i noticed it has got Bridgestone Potenza RE050 tyres on it, the demonstrater i test drove had dunlops, just wondered what tyres other have on there new IS?

ps. I hate this weather, i've only driven from my local dealer back to the office (i can get payed to read the owners manual at work :D ) and my new baby is dirty already, guess that's my fault for choosing black.

--

bedrock

Just picked up my new IS250 SE at lunch time and i noticed it has got Bridgestone Potenza RE050 tyres on it, the demonstrater i test drove had dunlops, just wondered what tyres other have on there new IS?

ps. I hate this weather, i've only driven from my local dealer back to the office (i can get payed to read the owners manual at work :D ) and my new baby is dirty already, guess that's my fault for choosing black.

--

bedrock

All being well I should collect my IS250 SE-L + MM tomorrow :D :D . I have already seen the car in the dealers compound when I dropped insurance details. It has the Bridgestone tyres fitted.

Have you noticed any difference in road noise between demonstrator and your own car?

Has anyone else got views on the two versions of tyres fitted, Dunlops and Bridgestone?

I haven't noticed any difference in road/tyre noise yet, but i've only done about 30 miles, haven't had the chance to go out for a drive yet, looking forward to the weekend though.

I was wondering if thats why there appears to have been a change from dunlops to bridgestone though....

--

bedrock

I have to say that personally, i am more than happy with the ride of my IS250 on the Bridgestones, i dont think it is too firm, but then i did drive a Subaru Impreza that also had RE050's before purchasing the Lexus

--

bedrock

• 2 weeks later...
Bridgestone Potenza's...

It's arrived, I'm off for a ride...again! I'll post later again...to busy .... :hehe:

BTW - no rattles (YET)

Congrats Jamboo, enjoy the ride and let us know what you think. Are you planning on pushing past 4000 miles this weekend ;)