Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Interior Colour - Urgent Decision!

I've been enduring the usual long wait for IS250 Auto (ordered December). I have now been told end of April, but can have within 2 weeks if I compromise on the interior colour.

I'd ordered with black cloth but can get a car quicker with "Lichfield" (ivory) cloth.

I tend to think ivory looks good for leather but am not sure about ivory cloth. Has anyone seen this interior? Also, what colour is the dash with ivory seats?

Thanks

Peter

PS Exterior is Brechin Slate

I've been enduring the usual long wait for IS250 Auto (ordered December). I have now been told end of April, but can have within 2 weeks if I compromise on the interior colour.

I'd ordered with black cloth but can get a car quicker with "Lichfield" (ivory) cloth.

I tend to think ivory looks good for leather but am not sure about ivory cloth. Has anyone seen this interior? Also, what colour is the dash with ivory seats?

Thanks

Peter

PS Exterior is Brechin Slate

has to be black for cloth or leather,more practical :) :)

worth the wait

I think it will look really good, especially with the brechin slate, only as the dash will still be black. I personally really like it when the interior is all dark except the seats...... :winky:

However, as its cloth, I'd have to recommend black, because its going to be hard to keep clean

*EDIT* Just realised that the interior is not all black except for the seats, seems the lower parts of the dash and doors match the seats as per the pic below

131474248.jpg

Edited by Parthiban

WAIT WAIT WAIT

you will only regret it later on. and when you are spending that much money you dont want second best

I must admit i have only seen the car with Ivory Leather which yes looks nice but in Cloth :duh:

too hard to keep clean

Cheers

Matt

Peterb.

Not sure if the same constraints as for Oz, but I assume when you mean Cloth, you actually mean the Alcantra. Here we get leather on the Base (Prestege) model and on the Sports Luxury (top of the line). The Sport (middle of the range, well, sort of) comes with Alcantra.

Did some research on Alcantra as some dealers were telling it was suede. It is a synthetic, originally made in Italy and reported to be better than leather. It wares better and is easier to clean and holds it's shape better and hence the reason for putting into the Sports model. It is used in a lot of top line sports cars. It has a Suede feel.

Now, as for the colour, I myself prefer Black as for a lot of the same reasons everybody else has pointed out. Just doesn't show the dirty marks, etc.

Ivory looks good, but I think you will always be cleaning it.

I ended up with Grey interior as they had the car I wanted with all the features sitting on the showroom floor, or I would have had to wait 3 months. Grey is ok, but I am very careful and always looking at the seats each time I get out, just to make sure there are no dirt marks.

Wait for what you want. It will go quickly and it will be an 06 plated car.

If you have kids/animals dont bother. I have an ivory interior and against a blue or black exterior it looks fantastic. Not that hard to keep clean at all and it does clean real well just have to be careful not to rub hard with the alcantra.

I'd take the ivory leather, but not the cloth. I'd be worried it would stain too easily. Furthermore, I like the ivory when paired with the wood trim as it makes the interior look more rich, warm and inviting; but not the metal -- it's too "cold." But this is a personal preference.

To see a picture, here's a link to the lexus.jp website. If you go to the bottom of the page and click the 4th picture from the left, there is a shot of the ivory fabric.

http://lexus.jp/models/is/design/color.html

I'd take the ivory leather, but not the cloth. I'd be worried it would stain too easily. Furthermore, I like the ivory when paired with the wood trim as it makes the interior look more rich, warm and inviting; but not the metal -- it's too "cold." But this is a personal preference.

To see a picture, here's a link to the lexus.jp website. If you go to the bottom of the page and click the 4th picture from the left, there is a shot of the ivory fabric.

http://lexus.jp/models/is/design/color.html

That's a great link there mate, not seen pics of all the interiors like that, although having seen it don't think I'd have either the cloth or the escaine, they both don't look good. What's that weird pattern on the cloth, and the all-escaine seat just looks like velour..... :sick:

Thanks everyone - will stick with black.

In truth, I'm miffed I can't get the SE model with leather, but my firm's leasing company gets far wose terms on Lexus than B*W or Audi.

I loved that Lexus Japan website - why doesn't the UK one do that?

Cheers

Peter