Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery

SHAHZ

Hi Guys

My Battery seems to have died....walking past the car last night and the alarm light wasnt on, tryed to unlock the car and nothing.....so im assuming that the Battery has gone kaput :duh: , will get a booster pack on it later, and get it checked, may just be flat cause it hasnt moved in almost 4 weeks, but i dont think so cause its been left before for long periods without problems.......so anyone got any recommendations, would prefer to get a Bosch, but which one :question::question:

TIA :)

i have a bosch asia silver its 60ah, good for cold starting and maintenance free, was about £60 i think.

just be careful as bosch list 2 batteries for the IS - same size etc but the Battery poles are swapped, u need positive on the RH side and at the back ( other one is positive on RH side at the front)

i have a bosch asia silver its 60ah, good for cold starting and maintenance free, was about £60 i think.

just be careful as bosch list 2 batteries for the IS - same size etc but the battery poles are swapped, u need positive on the RH side and at the back ( other one is positive on RH side at the front)

Thanks for that Rob, last thing i wanted is to bring the wrong batt home!!!, do the cables reach the terminals ok?? ...also is this the silver top??

code is 005L

Cheers mate :)

hi,

no it wasnt the silver top it was the asia silver (black top) if it is the wrong terminals u might have probs getting the -ve lead on, my car is a 20 min bus ride away otherwise i would look at the code on mine - try the code posted above tho and ask them about the terminals

hi,

no it wasnt the silver top it was the asia silver (black top) if it is the wrong terminals u might have probs getting the -ve lead on, my car is a 20 min bus ride away otherwise i would look at the code on mine - try the code posted above tho and ask them about the terminals

LOL!! thats cool mate, i wasnt expecting you to go and check yours :) , just wanted to know if your leads went on ok when you fitted the asia?......anyone know what the difference is between the Asis SIlver & the silver top??

leads went on fine, had a quick look on the bosch site, doesnt seem to be a major difference - all maintenance free and high cold crank power - longer lasting etc.

my car was standing for 5 days in -15 to -20C recently and started perfectly , as it should.

Thanks Rob......will go for the one i can get delivered or pick up quickest then :)

I go to Bristol Batteries here as they have identical performance batteries, but you don't pay extra for the name!

bosch list 2 batteries for the IS - same size etc but the battery poles are swapped, u need positive on the RH side and at the back ( other one is positive on RH side at the front)

just been out to Costco, the book they have doesnt list the IS Battery...does anyone know what one i need.... :duh: :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links