Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clear Foglight & Exhaust

Guest mark_tsang

Guest mark_tsang

hi

where can i buy some clear rear fog light lenses seen on IS200 gallery? is it road legal? & when i t comes 2 M.O.T.?

thanks..........

Hi Mark, I would recommend, and I am sure a lot of other members would too, a HKS exhaust. There are two main ones to choose from - the Hiper and the Super Drager II.

The Hiper is the loud one and it is the one to go for if you are looking for a decent power increase. It has a 4" tailpipe which exits the rear at a slight angle.

The Super Drager II (which I have) is slightly quieter, but has a 4.5" tailpipe which exits the rear dead straight.

As with all HKS stuff, the build quality is fantastic, which is why you pay a high price. The Hiper is around £370 and the Super Drager is around £415. If you joined gold, you could save more than the membership fee on either one of these items.

There are plenty more Jap mufflers to choose from the likes of TRD, TTE, APEXi, Fujitsubo and Blitz but I dont know of anyone with any of these to comment.

Im sure one of the other guys will be able to help you on the fog light thing :)

Definitely worth going for the quality, Andy is spot on you can't beat the HKS for sheer quality and sound, although I have the 'louder' one I still don't realyy notice it in the cockpit when i'm driving, although I do notice heads turning if I thrash it :D

Let us know what you decide, or come to one of the meets in Feb March time and you'll be able to see / hear for yourself!

Cheers

Si

i asked the Q about the fog light lenses being clear - after looking in the guide book they could not see a reason to fail the car because it had clear lenses as long as the light being emitted was red - which is where your problems start!

there are no satisfactory bulbs that produce a decent red light, sure there are loads of red coloured bulbs but they produce a pink light.

One of the other members did a few tests with different bulbs, i have forgotten the final outcome.

if a decent bulb was found please post the bulb details here pls.

clear rear fog lenses can be found on eBay.com all the time for about $35

cheers rob.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links