Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mpg

snake

i only managed to get 410 miles out of full tank

when i fill it up again, it cost me around 60 quid

410 is the best ive got so far 390 ias been my average but since the cold snap has come ive only been doing 350 to a tank but then the heated sets have been on heating on full and high speed and left to run a few mins to de-ice when its v cold.

something has been said about the O2sensors, i think it was on GS but even though they may not show as faulty but if you replace them for new ones it can improve your MPG and running. do a search for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard that also, having the heated seats on & Bthe climate control set to AUTO in Winter (so it's contantly on full fan speed) can reduce your fuel consumption. Since I heard this I don't switch the heated seats on!!! I know I'm a miser :D

Back on topic. It costs me £50 to top up (i use the normal 95ron at my local Tesco) - I get 250miles until the reserve light illuminates.

I'm interested in the 'SNOW' button method & also someone mentioned the o2 sensor replacement.

I have tried the snow button as I was curious, I actually planned to use it for a full tank. I couldn't take it!!! When you activate the SNOW function it seems to 'strangle' the car's performance dramatically...

I've also heard that you shouldn't run your tank dry as all the impurities that accumulate at the bottom of the tank over time find their way into your fuel lines and cause all manner of misfires/damage..

Just thought I'd give my 2 pennies worth.

Gold

• 4 years later...

This is intersting as I have just brought my first IS200 Sport.

I recently travelled to Bucharest Romania in my IS200 with 3 passengers and the total journey one way was 1648 miles from Bicester Oxfordshire to Bucharest. I filled up 4 times at a cost of 90 euro per fill and had just under 1/2 tank remaining arriving at Bucharest, so 3.5 tank fills for the total journey. At around 1.7euro/litre this is 185 litres (40.7 gallon) of fuel in total,which translates to approx 40 mpg.

Since I have been back in the UK I have been averaging around 37 mpg commuting 73 miles round trip each day to the office and returing around 500 miles from a tank full of petrol at a cost of £80 per fill (£1.31 per/ltr). My speeds vary depending upon my mood, but I guess I averaged around 80mph on the German/Austrian Autobahns to 50mph up around the moutains of northern Romania, it was manic navigating these roads, and believe me the drivers in Romania are all on a suicide mission... next time we fly !!

managed 458 miles on a tank last time I was on a run, car seems to do better at 80-85 in 6th gear than it does at 70mph. Round town is shocking though, get about 320 to a tank. Mine was stupidly bad, but after replacing the air filter with a K&N, swapping plugs and replacing the O2 sensor it's been much better.

well this week i got 228 miles from 42 pound is that good or bad and another thing i have noticed when i drive around 70mph on 6th gear my car is just over 3300 revs but where as my dads bmw 2.2 litre 320 e46 is on about 2400 revs at 70mph hour i dont understand how he still gets better fuel economy and his is automatic any ideas please

The IS200 does seem to have relatively low gearing compared to its competition - something I was quite surprised at when I first got mine. I sometimes wish it had a taller 6th gear to enable better motorway cruising.

I guess it's so that the revs are kept closer to the VVTi changeover point, which means better performance.

• 2 years later...

Who cares, we all drive one of the best cars out there and anyone who buys a 200 for its fuel economy didn't do their research first. I get around 25mpg from V Power and wouldnt swap my car for one of today's super frugal clone boxes. Long live the IS 200!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my first post on this forum. I record all my petrol purchases and mileage - you may well say sad, but then I know if the car is performing bad and I can catch things early. Mine is a IS200 Sport, a 2001 model and has done just over 100k - I average about 36mpg - and I've been monitoring the car for two years.

• 2 years later...

Hi all.

I've got is200 .

Recently I noticed my car go's through lot's of fuel less MPG for some reason. 

Has an one know what's going on.?

I used to get 400 per tank.

And now only average of 20 to 25 MPG !

14 hours ago, Ash85 said:

Hi all.

I've got is200 .

Recently I noticed my car go's through lot's of fuel less MPG for some reason. 

Has an one know what's going on.?

I used to get 400 per tank.

And now only average of 20 to 25 MPG !

Is that all motorway miles, street miles, mixed miles??

I would say more of the street and mixed MPG.

the car gets regular service and I always use quality fuel.

For half a tank I used to get average of 180 to 200MPG.

However now if I really take it easy, maximum it gives me 120 MPG, till the light comes on!