Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Running Costs

Having just sold the Lexus and having kept track of all my fuel costs etc, I thought I'd pass on the numbers. I know similar topics have been posted before but here goes ...

Car owned for 1040 days

Mileage covered : 34993

Total amount of fuel used : 6010 litres

Average mpg : 26.47

Total cost of fuel : £4906

So, running costs for fuel only are 14p/mile, or £4.72 per day.

Of course, it doesn't stop there.

Luckily there were no servicing costs, (free servicing for 3 years), and the only extras I ever bought were 4 Halfords Super Brilliance Xenon bulbs (taken off car after just 3 months prior to trading it in - offers anybody ?).

But, when you add in depreciation (£13600), road tax (~£500), insurance (~£1300), then these numbers shoot up to...

58p / mile, or £19.53 per day, or nearly £600 per month :crying::crying::crying:

Just goes to show what we all know - depreciation is the real killer, and you need deep pockets to run a car these days.

Having just sold the Lexus and having kept track of all my fuel costs etc, I thought I'd pass on the numbers. I know similar topics have been posted before but here goes ...

Car owned for 1040 days

Mileage covered : 34993

Total amount of fuel used : 6010 litres

Average mpg : 26.47

Total cost of fuel : £4906

So, running costs for fuel only are 14p/mile, or £4.72 per day.

Of course, it doesn't stop there.

Luckily there were no servicing costs, (free servicing for 3 years), and the only extras I ever bought were 4 Halfords Super Brilliance Xenon bulbs (taken off car after just 3 months prior to trading it in - offers anybody ?).

But, when you add in depreciation (£13600), road tax (~£500), insurance (~£1300), then these numbers shoot up to...

58p / mile, or £19.53 per day, or nearly £600 per month :crying::crying::crying:

Just goes to show what we all know - depreciation is the real killer, and you need deep pockets to run a car these days.

Is that avatar your new Mazda 6 MPS? What's it like? (Sssshhhhhhh - shouldn't ask about Mazda's on a Lexus form....)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links