Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bmw 320i Vs Lexus Is200 - My Verdict

I will take my 'toyota' then over the current shambles 'first production' line that is the LEXUS is250

I'll tell you what; if the beautiful, quiet and refined IS250 I've just driven to work is a "shambles" then *** help the rest of the manufacturers when Lexus get it togther then.

Edit: Oh I've just noticed you can't say the name of the Almighty on here - good on you LOC - keep religion out of Lexus.

I will take my 'toyota' then over the current shambles 'first production' line that is the LEXUS is250

The new IS is a little different. I was not launched in Japan as Toyota, then re-branded as Lexus everywhere else.

One thing that does p me off about Lexus, every part I have bought for my 'Lex' has been boxed as Toyota. Not being funny, but I think that if im paying Lexus prices, I should get Lexus bits!

Or a least a Lexus box :winky:

The new IS is a little different. I was not launched in Japan as Toyota, then re-branded as Lexus everywhere else.

One thing that does p me off about Lexus, every part I have bought for my 'Lex' has been boxed as Toyota. Not being funny, but I think that if im paying Lexus prices, I should get Lexus bits!

Or a least a Lexus box :winky:

Or better still Toyota prices

You guys seem to forget, you bought a Toyota badged as a Lexus :lol:

I've bought one that's pretending to be something else at the mo ... :tomato: a childs "rattle" (get it)

Are you all gone mad. Everyone knows that ALL Lexus cars are Toyota and in Japan they only launched the Lexus brand last year.

The only reason the Lexus brand came into existance was because the western world didn't believe that a Japanese car firm could make luxury cars.

The IS220d is using an engine developed for Toyota and why does that matter.

Relax guys. You have one of the best made cars in the world. Does it realy matter what the badge is. You will be happy when you go to sell as well.

Yes because we pay extra for it. Otherwise i would have bought a gorgeous avensis :shifty:

I compared the 318i and is200 when i bought my Is200, since they were both similar prices at 4 years old and both around 2 litres. Compared to the IS the BMW was slower yet more expensive to insure, bland inside and lacking spec. in terms of leather seats, the BMW handbrake was so awkwardly positioned it was virtually impossible to use, and overall less involving to drive. Add to that the IS looks far better, is better quality all round, does not have excess or useless gimics and has a nice smooth straight six its no contest.

I had no preconceptions about which i wanted and drove one straight after the other - no regrets at all.

I compared the 318i and is200 when i bought my Is200, since they were both similar prices at 4 years old and both around 2 litres. Compared to the IS the BMW was slower yet more expensive to insure, bland inside and lacking spec. in terms of leather seats, the BMW handbrake was so awkwardly positioned it was virtually impossible to use, and overall less involving to drive. Add to that the IS looks far better, is better quality all round, does not have excess or useless gimics and has a nice smooth straight six its no contest.

I had no preconceptions about which i wanted and drove one straight after the other - no regrets at all.

Your right about the looks, stick a bmw 3 in a carpark full of ordinary cars like mondeos, and you struggle to find it. You'd go straight to an IS.

And if you parked the two together and ask someone to pick one for themselves free - we know what they'd pick. :winky:

As far as Lexus being a rebadged Toyota, it isn't rebadged in the strictest sence because toyota do not sell the exact equivalent to an IS200 under the Toyota brand.

It is a seperate Brand, a brand owned and manufactureed by Toyota. There is a lot of difference, primarily for marketing and image perception. People aspire to a Lexus but not many do to a Toyota.

I studied "Kaizen at Toyota" for my purchasing degree, and I am pround to say my Lexus is made by Toyota, they are the bench mark in zero defects that all manufacturers set themslves by - regardless of industry.

I Worked for bmw for about a year! they r all up them selfs! thats y i bought my is200 sport! the toy with the windows is about the only good thing the rest they manly came back in for!

bmw have a poor reliabilaty(sorry about the spellin) for the money!

after workin on them i would NEVER own 1!

As far as Lexus being a rebadged Toyota, it isn't rebadged in the strictest sence because toyota do not sell the exact equivalent to an IS200 under the Toyota brand.

Its the same as Dunlop and LaCoste! witch would you have?