Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problems With New Is Range

Just an update to say I have had another email from the top and they are investigationg my concerns raised ....

Isn't that like 'the cheque's in the post' ? :blink:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi tango ,

No i think by the tone of the emails they are taking it seriously....... :blink:

just heard today my one not due to late May

Let's hope so. My 250 is (still) waiting for dealer rectification of the wind noise. They were supposed to pick it up from home while I'm (as usual) away as they needed it for 3 days to sort out the problem once and for all. So far it's had new seals for both front doors and windows, so wondering what they'll do next.. Patience is starting to wear just a little thin... :angry:

Unfortunately my IS 220d is going back to the dealer for a creaking dash, they know what this is as they have already fixed one. Also to look into high fuel consumption and a fault that they have not come across- the rear camera has come up with the message "guidance unavailable" on a number of ocassions.

Told it will be a couple of days - :crybaby: hope that is it then

Unfortunately my IS 220d is going back to the dealer for a creaking dash, they know what this is as they have already fixed one. Also to look into high fuel consumption and a fault that they have not come across- the rear camera has come up with the message "guidance unavailable" on a number of ocassions.

Can you let me us know what they find with regards to the high fuel consumption, thanks.

Can you let me us know what they find with regards to the high fuel consumption, thanks.

Sure will, goes in a week today and will let everyone know the outcome good :) or bad :duh:

Hi tango ,

No i think by the tone of the emails they are taking it seriously....... :blink:

just heard today my one not due to late May

Nic - please can you PM me the details of who you have written to?

I am drafting a letter of "disatisfaction" at the moment. Whilst mine hasn't rattled yet, the poor fuel economy is unbearable...I feel misled. The dealer service has been dire so far, and whilst they promised to recompense me, I never saw a thing!

I have also started an Excel spreadsheet detailing analysis of my fillups, miles driven, ODO etc which I will compile over the next few months. This should track whether MPG goes up, how much by etc as I pile some business miles onto the car.

Currently I am seeing 28.8 Tank Ave, 150 miles covered and the fuel guage is sitting unhappily at between Half and 3 quarters tank...

That is the worst fuel economy I have seen in a diesel ever! Someone at Lexus is still not telling us how we can achieve 44.8 on a combined, 52 (!) on an Extra urban, or 36 on an urban run! Those government figures, however achieved are not achievable in reality, even with a gentle driving style like mine. I doubt ruinning in will have that much of an impact.

Food for thought, but the car could be set up to improve with miles...

Please see reply to my email to Lexus GB

Dear Nick,

I am pleased to be able to provide you with feedback regarding

your questions, on behalf of Steve Settle. Our Technical Department

colleagues have advised us of the following:

Seat Belts

We are pleased to be able to advise that the issue, which affected a

limited number of assemblies, has now been resolved. The information

that we've received from the factory indicates that a revised unit was

introduced during March '06 and, whilst we cannot indicate from which

exact chassis number this occurred from currently, it should be safe to

assume vehicles dispatched from Japan after this month will have the

latest units installed.

Dashboard Rattles

Once again very limited numbers of vehicles are affected by this concern

and we understand that the engineers are currently working on resolving

this item. In the meantime we are happy to pass your details on to

Lexus Ireland and ask that the supplying Centre pays particular

attention to this area during your vehicle's preparation.

I trust that this information will alleviate your concerns and look forward

to you receiving your vehicle in due course.

Kind regards, Alex

Assistant to Steve Settle, Lexus Director

Alex.Kirkby@lgb.lexus.co.uk

That is the worst fuel economy I have seen in a diesel ever! Someone at Lexus is still not telling us how we can achieve 44.8 on a combined, 52 (!) on an Extra urban, or 36 on an urban run! Those government figures, however achieved are not achievable in reality, even with a gentle driving style like mine. I doubt ruinning in will have that much of an impact.

Food for thought, but the car could be set up to improve with miles...

Yep, 2000 miles, still 34 mpg ... but ... acceleration is well sorted :D It's starting to feel very nippy now, definitely a smile on the face when you pull out and overtake with the turbo kicking in and I like the sound the engine makes.

Not fast off the lights, but once it's going it takes off, having the red ring on the rev counter is very useful because you immediately know when to change up a gear.

And as I've said before, gentle driving or enthusiastic driving :whistling: - no difference to my fuel economy.

I have now gone from a paltry 18-19MPG to a whopping 20.3MPG I guess the engine is really improving! I'm up to 800 miles now and due to change the tank for the third time.

Is that a tinge of bitterness and sprinkle of sarcasm? What do you think?

Please see reply to my email to Lexus GB

Dear Nick,

I am pleased to be able to provide you with feedback regarding

your questions, on behalf of Steve Settle. Our Technical Department

colleagues have advised us of the following:

Seat Belts

We are pleased to be able to advise that the issue, which affected a

limited number of assemblies, has now been resolved. The information

that we've received from the factory indicates that a revised unit was

introduced during March '06 and, whilst we cannot indicate from which

exact chassis number this occurred from currently, it should be safe to

assume vehicles dispatched from Japan after this month will have the

latest units installed.

Dashboard Rattles

Once again very limited numbers of vehicles are affected by this concern

and we understand that the engineers are currently working on resolving

this item. In the meantime we are happy to pass your details on to

Lexus Ireland and ask that the supplying Centre pays particular

attention to this area during your vehicle's preparation.

I trust that this information will alleviate your concerns and look forward

to you receiving your vehicle in due course.

Kind regards, Alex

Assistant to Steve Settle, Lexus Director

Alex.Kirkby@lgb.lexus.co.uk

I would have thought a recall would be in order if they know there are a number of faulty seatbelt assemblies out there. Driving without a seatbelty is illegal, as I had to do when my seatbelt was stuck. You also cannot concentrate very well with that awful alarm noise. :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

I have now gone from a paltry 18-19MPG to a whopping 20.3MPG I guess the engine is really improving! I'm up to 800 miles now and due to change the tank for the third time.

Well, yes!

But it is a 6ish% increase... :o

I've been averaging about 24mpg on a 250 SEL - MM (petrol) only 1800miles so far.

I haven't been driving gently either :P :P

I can't believe you only get that on a deisel

Well, yes!

But it is a 6ish% increase... :o

I've been averaging about 24mpg on a 250 SEL - MM (petrol) only 1800miles so far.

I haven't been driving gently either :P :P

I can't believe you only get that on a deisel

:lol::lol: 4 cyl diesel .v. 6 cyl petrol....

DON'T set me of...I'm 'avin' a good morning... :winky:

Having worked in the motor trade for many years, as a mechanic !

for a lot of manufactures incl. Lexus, you cannot expect a new vehicle to achieve the fuel consumption mentioned, because the engine needs to loosen up,

if you take it to a dealer before you have covered at least 5000 miles, they will tell you to put some more miles on it before they can do anything.

i think you all need to be a little more patient, you cannot guage after 150 miles that your fuel consumption is high because the guage says so, the fuel guage may not be 100% accurate.

just my tuppence worth. :D

Having worked in the motor trade for many years, as a mechanic !

for a lot of manufactures incl. Lexus, you cannot expect a new vehicle to achieve the fuel consumption mentioned, because the engine needs to loosen up,

if you take it to a dealer before you have covered at least 5000 miles, they will tell you to put some more miles on it before they can do anything.

i think you all need to be a little more patient, you cannot guage after 150 miles that your fuel consumption is high because the guage says so, the fuel guage may not be 100% accurate.

just my tuppence worth. :D

however the diesel should still be more economical than the larger petrol engine from new

Needless to say I will be visiting my dealer on passing the magic (just designated as such) 1K mark.

This is only marginally bette than my crappy '98 vauxhall vectra 1.8 petrol. I feel robbed, I would have gone for the 250 if I knew this were the case.

You probably don't want to hear this but I have just covered 7K in my petrol V6 and on a weekly run of 500 miles on A Roads/Motorways/Around Town, I average 34.1mpg overall. Very pleased with this (has improved from circa 32 when new).

I would have expected the diesel to far exceed this even when new so I would be concerned.

nice one.....that is 6mpg better than i get from the is200 :)

I wonder if any of our Irish members have discussed the mileage situation with their dealers? I rang mine this morning on the pretext of finding out when my car will be in (end of april/early may- 13 weeks from order). In the course of conversation I asked if he had heard about the problem that diesel owners were having with getting the advertised mileage. He completely poo-poo'd the idea saying that he had heard nothing and that the car will of course take about 5000 miles/kilometers (I forgot to ask which) to loosen up. But that the only experience he had with one in the wild so to speak. Was that a friend of his bought one in January and is getting 500 miles/800 kms per tank.

This begs the questions

1. Is this good ? how big is the tank?

2. Is he feeding me a load of horse manure, and if so why.

3. If they have genuinly not had any feedback why have Lexus not been in contact with them

4. If there is not a problem in Lexus IS 220s in Ireland what makes them so different to the ones going to the UK.

5 . Why is thw word G.O.D. deleted when it is posted, it is not a swearword. :)

I have the 250, but asked my dealer about the diesel when I was picking mine up last week. He said he had heard no complaints about it. Then, I don't think a dealer will relay any bad news for fear he might be quoted.

I find it hard to believe that dealers are not relaying problems back to Lexus GB or Irl. It costs the dealers time to fix issues such as rattles - surely they have to claim this cost back from Lexus?

In answer to your first question, the tank capacity is 65 litres.

nice one.....that is 6mpg better than i get from the is200 :)

I wonder if any of our Irish members have discussed the mileage situation with their dealers? I rang mine this morning on the pretext of finding out when my car will be in (end of april/early may- 13 weeks from order). In the course of conversation I asked if he had heard about the problem that diesel owners were having with getting the advertised mileage. He completely poo-poo'd the idea saying that he had heard nothing and that the car will of course take about 5000 miles/kilometers (I forgot to ask which) to loosen up. But that the only experience he had with one in the wild so to speak. Was that a friend of his bought one in January and is getting 500 miles/800 kms per tank.

This begs the questions

1. Is this good ? how big is the tank?

2. Is he feeding me a load of horse manure, and if so why.

3. If they have genuinly not had any feedback why have Lexus not been in contact with them

4. If there is not a problem in Lexus IS 220s in Ireland what makes them so different to the ones going to the UK.

5 . Why is thw word G.O.D. deleted when it is posted, it is not a swearword. :)

:duh: don't get me goin'!

500 from 65 litres? 500/65 = 7.69 miles per litre

7.69 x 4.545 (m/p litre covert to imp. gallon)= 34.96 - That's below 35 MPG! That's Cr4p!

Still not even "urban", let alone "combined" or "extra urban" as quoted officially!

Dealers never bad mouth their products (brand loyalty)

Dealers always point out the good things only. They act plain dumb when you ask them about anything negative. They think we're stupid! that's why I have no loyalties when it comes to cars or dealers! You make you own judgements...

@jamboo ,

You may find the engine mapping will change at some predetermined point on the milage .

I know when i bought the IS200 NEW the tendancy to rev in between gear changes made almost all changes lumpy and the consequent fuel consumption was not good.

I was going to mention this at the first service(9000 mile) here in Ireland but was clocking 8999 m .the next day the whole throttle response changed like a switch had been thrown .The o/rev or holding the revs in between changes had disappeared and the fuel consumption went markedly down as I had been monitoring it to report to the dealer.

I think they were guarding against stalling on a tight engine.

Maybe the 220/250 manual has been mapped in something similar but getting the official proof ......probaby not

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links