Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boost

Does anybody know what is the safest maximum boost that can be run on the 1F-GE engine with out uprating internals :question:

With installing bigger injectors what would be the highest and safest boost to run?

What would go first? The head gasket, rods etc etc?

Also what about return fuel line or bigger fuel rail?

Thanks for any help and anything else anybody can think of. :D

Adie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a tough one to call mate just going on the guys on this furom

spock 282 or round there .8 boost melted piston

roadrash 240 to 250 round there .6 boost safe as houses

imo i would not bother with injecters unless you do your internals and fuel return line fuel rail should be safe i will find out when i get some then you can play and see were what gives

I'm going to fit bigger injectors anyway, to sort out the fuelling with the turbo. Was wondering if it would be safe to up the boost alittle also.

The cost of uprating internals, would it not be cheaper to do an engine swap? Or could you uprate a bit at a time?

I'm going to fit bigger injectors anyway, to sort out the fuelling with the turbo. Was wondering if it would be safe to up the boost alittle also.

The cost of uprating internals, would it not be cheaper to do an engine swap? Or could you uprate a bit at a time?

you cant uprate a bit at a time its engine out job change everything h/gasket the lot to be safe

isent marcus looking at changing is engine compare the prices go from there

but like i said most you goint to get is .7 safely on those standard internals and you buy injecters imo you will need the return fuel lines to gain from it then you may need uprated fuel pump 1 job just leeds to another mate

you cant uprate a bit at a time its engine out job change everything h/gasket the lot to be safe

but like i said most you goint to get is .7 safely on those standard internals and you buy injecters imo you will need the return fuel lines to gain from it then you may need uprated fuel pump 1 job just leeds to another mate

Dont i know it mate. Thanks Daz. I'll look into the return fuel line, pump upgrade also. If fitting return line then wouldn't you benefit from a fuel pressure regulator aswell.

Dont i know it mate. Thanks Daz. I'll look into the return fuel line, pump upgrade also. If fitting return line then wouldn't you benefit from a fuel pressure regulator aswell.

yes

not only benefit but needed, as the original regulator is in the tank, hence why no return lines

:whistling: Me like talking about this.........not that i know what the hell im talking about :lol:

Hi Ad, if i was you mate i would do what daza said, do it all at the same time, "ie" njectors/return fuel lines /pump upgrade/FPR..........and when its all done all you will need to do is then "uprat the internals"

and as to what im haveing done to my IS, no one knows........all i know, at the end off the day it will be a dame lot faster than 1g-fe :whistling: when its done that is (Dave) :whistling: :D

Back to your :question: i think the 1G-FE is good upto about 300bhp but that is maxing it out, i would say to be on the safe side, dont pass 270 with out doing the nternals!!

I am waiting on my turbo returning from the states after getting it replaced and I also have a set of 315cc injectors that I am 99.999999% sure will fit the car so they will be going in too. I will be re-mapping the car to about 0.6bar until i get it on the rolling road. Once on there i will adjust the boost to give me a figure of about 280bhp. That is as far as I will run it on standard internals.

It is not boost pressure that kills the engine it is the power output!!

I have already done the return fuel line with uprated pump and regulator. This will need to be done as Daz says Adie or you simply won't have enough fuel for more boost.

The other key factor is making sure the car is properly mapped to be as precise as possible.

I will let you know the results when I get my own car back after mapping!

Cheers Marcus. :D

So with internals uprated, what would the possible boost / bhp be :question:

That all depends on your turbo system and what spec of internals you have and also your wallet size.

The sky is the limit :blink:

Thanks Guys.

I look foward to seeing the results :D

I guess it comes down to what is most cost effective for more horses. Uprate internals, engine swap, different car :duh:

Will a new fuel rail be needed when fitting a return fuel line , uprated fuel pump and regulator?

Is it a big job the return fuelling etc as its a job that i have to get done. Just thinking cost / labour wise.

Will a new fuel rail be needed when fitting a return fuel line , uprated fuel pump and regulator?

NO! :D

Is it a big job the return fuelling etc as its a job that i have to get done.

YES! :D

I wouldn't say it is a big job at all. as long as the person doing it knows what they are doing it should be fine.

The only problem is having the correct fittings at the right time other wise you will be back and forth to get fittings.

I wouldn't say it is a big job at all. as long as the person doing it knows what they are doing it should be fine.

The only problem is having the correct fittings at the right time other wise you will be back and forth to get fittings.

slightly :offtopic: what went wrong with your turbo ?

Erm... we knew the job, but it was anyway a h*ll-job, everything was stinking of fuel, we had teflon-tubes which were difficult to cut and hard to fit fittings on them, our fingers hurt,.....

To pull the tubes under the car isn't the problem, the bigger job is in the tank to work on the intank-unit, connect the second line, bend tubes in a narrow space, fit the new fuel pump wich was too big and the filter on the wrong side, to braze the wires for the bus bar.... :shutit:

At all it was snowing while we were laying under the car. :yawn:

There is a drop in replacement fuel pump for the IS, with fuel return built in.

Or just drill a hole and stick a return in.

We fitted a Walbro Toyota Supra Fuel Pump and this doesn't fit straight in. ;)

"Only drill a hole and fit"???

That's all well to say than to do eh?!? :winky:

You have to find a place in that small thing where you lay both line bend them and fit them to the outlet with 30-40mm long connector-fittings.

There are no tubes in it where you can connect the new lines to the old, everything is plastic. And you have to fit the jet-pump to the return line to make it work again.

Have you ever done this before? :hehe:

OK if someone wants to get a turbo kit then upgrade all the internals how much are we talking?

Turbo kits are roughly 5000, but i havent got a clue on the internals etc???

If ppl dont want to say how much they've spent i under stand.

Cheers

OK if someone wants to get a turbo kit then upgrade all the internals how much are we talking?

Cheers

It's a bottomless pit.........

I paid $700 for a 2JZ-GTE stroker kit, which is just the stock Mr T kit. A similar HKS kit runs into thousands.

Cheers

I paid $700 for a 2JZ-GTE stroker kit, which is just the stock Mr T kit. A similar HKS kit runs into thousands.

So whats cheaper turboin a is200 or getting a altezza engine and turboin that????? whats the kinda power difference and price, if anyone knows ????

There is a drop in replacement fuel pump for the IS, with fuel return built in.

Or just drill a hole and stick a return in.

We fitted a Walbro Toyota Supra Fuel Pump and this doesn't fit straight in. ;)

"Only drill a hole and fit"???

That's all well to say than to do eh?!? :winky:

You have to find a place in that small thing where you lay both line bend them and fit them to the outlet with 30-40mm long connector-fittings.

There are no tubes in it where you can connect the new lines to the old, everything is plastic. And you have to fit the jet-pump to the return line to make it work again.

Have you ever done this before? :hehe:

Yes but there is a sard direct replacement.

You've made it a little more complicated than it is.

Ill be doing a little more different, spent a bit of time looking at it.

Cheers

I paid $700 for a 2JZ-GTE stroker kit, which is just the stock Mr T kit.

??? a stock stroker kit from Mr T, no such thing

Cheers

about 2 to 3 knon pistons and rods

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links