Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Preconized Fuel Type For Is

krakcopy

:cat: Hi,

I live in france, in all gaz stations we have the choise between unleaded super95 or 98.

So far I was using the 98 (probably related to the octane rate?...) Somewhere I red it was ^preconized to use super95 for the Lexus IS.

if you know something about that.... should I keep using 98?.. well I'll go for Nitro oxyde.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey SparkyWar - where in CH are you ?? i am in basel.

To get back to the main subject - just continue to use the 95, you wont have any problems - and as vince says it is cheaper!

Hi,

i'm in Lausanne .

Thank you for the INFO !

But i still wonder why they have give me that paper where it is written in RED --->> ONLY 98 ...

Maybe because of the compression ratio incress, be 98 is better and advised for high compression engines as you can read on the Honda S2000 manual.

I have only use 98 in my cars, 95 is good and cheaper, but 98 increases a bit the engine performances.

Japanese fuel is 100 octane level, so it is better using fuel having the one nearest to 100

** in french : le95 est moins cher, ca marche aussi, sans pb mais ca encrasse le moteur comparé au 98. Il faut savoir aussi qu'au japon l'essence a un indice de 100, il est donc préférable de prendre un indice élevé. Mais sur un moteur d'origine, le 95 est utilisable sans pb **

Bonjour Yemgi,

Almost All the japanese motors running in Europe are made to use local unleaded fuel, the 95 is a bit less dryer then the 98 ron. If you check your manual or the sticker inside the fuel door says "use unleaded 95 ron fuel". I asked to my local dealer too, he replied use 95, the fuel injection program is made to run with that, according to a non modified car, now if you start to play with chip, turbo or compressor I don't know.

I can compare with bikes, giving much more power at high revs comparing to a car (except for the Honda S2000), a 1000cc engine gives you around 130cv (low end) up to 165cv (high end).

A few years ago we went with a friend with exactly the same bike (VFR800/98 with injection/same tyres/same pilot wheight), we filled up the tank with 95 on mine and 98 on his one, doing the same travel, there wasn't any difference at the end.

To compare, I filled up the tank of another bike(CBR900 without injection) with the aviation fuel AVGAZ (low leaded and around 100 ron), much more expensive than the normal car fuel, and once again I didn't notice anything.

Now if you want to race a bike very seriously, a lot of people use some special fuel, with a higher Ron indice, around 110/120, but this is for racing only, on road you would'nt be able to notice any difference, the only one you should see is a marketing one ;)

@d'taleur

vince

But i still wonder why they have give me that paper where it is written in RED --->> ONLY 98 ...

Hi SparkyWar,

As you have had the compressor fitted, it is recomended to use 98 in your car - for others with "normal" engines they can just use 95.

If you check your manual or the sticker inside the fuel door says "use unleaded 95 ron fuel".

On my fuel door there only is

'USE UNLEADED FUEL ONLY'
; in my manual, there is
'Use 95 or higher RON unleaded fuel to improve performances. The engine has been designed to run with fuel having at least 91 RON octane level'

But I agree that the difference between 95 and 98 is not really noticeable while driving

My car is from Jan 2000

you're right this tail wing is a big :tsktsk: , it increases consumption a lot and makes the car go slower :crybaby:

It is a nice CF stuff but it is too big for the car, it doesn't look very nice

I'm planning to throw it away as soon as I will get my real CF Vis Trunk.:whistling: