Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I thought I'd start this for people with experience, short cuts, ideas etc to post to help us with not enough hours in the day...

Here's one -

The wheelbase is quite a lot shorter than my Audi. I know this because I had to move my parking "bricks", which may account for the firmish/choppy ride, but nimbler handling!! I reckon a good few inches too!

Any more gems from anyone? Anything is game...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I'd start this for people with experience, short cuts, ideas etc to post to help us with not enough hours in the day...

Here's one -

The wheelbase is quite a lot shorter than my Audi. I know this because I had to move my parking "bricks", which may account for the firmish/choppy ride, but nimbler handling!! I reckon a good few inches too!

Did you know.....?

That when you use the window washers, the wipers give a final flick after 5 seconds to get rid of the dribbles.

Did you also know that when you have the wipers on, they slow down when you stop AND if you have been stationary for a reasonable amount of time, will give a double wipe to get rid of the water more quickly.

That the front ceiling lights have a small LED that shines onto the gear console. It gives this whjte glow to the console at night. Can only really be seen if the MM screen is off.

I have to agree on the storage space issue - there is no space for loose change! I put a key in the ashtray yesterday and couldn't get it out without removing the ashtray! There's also nowhere sensible to lay down the mobile phone. I had a magnet on top of the ashtray on the old IS to hold it, but it wouldn't go well on this model (with wood on L pack).

Any thoughts?

Here's one -

I second the above.. new is250 arrives next week .. what should I know???

A previous post mentioned the "service menu" that is accessed by the following sequence:-

press and hold INFO button

switch side lights on and off three times

release the INFO button

This menu allows access to numerous settings and information, but does anyone know what all the settings mean, and if you make a change are they automatically saved when you power down (this seems to be the only way to exit the main menu).

Also, does anyone have a full list of all the special sequences that have been mentioned in various posts?

One for the Sat Nav destination while driving, and one to disable the passenger seat belt alarm?

You can use velcro to hold your phone on the centre console if you have not got Bluetooth.

Tel :driving:

Does that mean I'd have to stick an ugly strip of velcro somewhere on the nice wood veneer!?

@Nic - no Bluetooth! I didn't go for the satnav option - the Lexus satnav mapping is by Teleatlas rather than Navteq, so coverage of Ireland is very poor. Most small towns appear to be in the middle of a very big field!

Getting back to the original post, the car seems to be a lot wider than the IS200 - a white van man neighbour parks at the entrance to my driveway, and I have some difficulty reversing out past him! I'm going to have to ask him to stop parking there!

I went for it but not the premium package.The sound system and reversing display appealed to me whereas the seat memory would have been nice i am the only driver.

I saw the sat nav of Dublin and it looks good but i suppose you mean the smaller towns etc.I wonder does anyone do them properly?

In truth i suppose none of us need sat nav in ireland .......it would mean we actually know where we are going???!! :D but nobody cares when they are driving one of these ....they want to get lost!

I've noticed today that the Bridgestone Potenza's also have a "lip" to stop the alloy hitting the kerb...just like the standard fit Firestones on my Audi were...

Also, I'm about as tall as Richard Hammond on Top Gear and I can bang my head on the inside of the A post, sitting down with the seat at mid height...!I then realised that if I was a Jerremy Clarkson, I might have to have a permanent foam fender on my head!

Hey! ......anything but a microsoft manual they invented the catch 22 and the ever deceasing circle help manual........id rather have a lobotomy than read one of them :duh:

Got this from the American forums...

Press the voice button and say "I'm hungry!" The sat nav will attempt to show you restaurants in the local vicinity :D

Although I always get a message about "having to delete a POI first" which I don't understand as I've selected restaurants in the list.

As Scott has said, check out the US LOC and just about all the manual is there in PDF format. Broken up into different sections so can be easily downloaded.

Yes, car is a little wider. I think most of that is the curve on the top of the doors and door width.

Also, did you know: there is a little LED light in the botton on the cup holder in the centre console.

Did you know....

that those Pig Ugly mirrors actually "grow on you" after a while? I have been driving a Ford Focus for several weeks, and the new IS' mirrors are a revelation. IMHO, there should be government legislation to make all mirrors of a certain size.

The focus' mirrors now seem very inadequate...the Lexus mirros are wonderful - they do what they should - provide a fantastic view. Even if they are from a Land Cruiser (no joke - compare them!).

Did you know....

that those Pig Ugly mirrors actually "grow on you" after a while? I have been driving a Ford Focus for several weeks, and the new IS' mirrors are a revelation. IMHO, there should be government legislation to make all mirrors of a certain size.

The focus' mirrors now seem very inadequate...the Lexus mirros are wonderful - they do what they should - provide a fantastic view. Even if they are from a Land Cruiser (no joke - compare them!).

I agree. I love the large mirrors. Looks as well as functionality. I think they look tiny on other cars now.

Yes DownSouth. The dimmer dial clicks like a switch at the point of change. Took me a week to figure out why the Sat-Nav didn't go to night mode when I switched the headlights on at night.

Did you know: The rearvision mirror and side mirrows go into non glare mode when a car has strong lights behind you, but you can switch this off with the button on the rear vision mirror.

Also, made a mistake, the LED light is in the Console cup holder not the separate one with the "flip" lid.

Yes and as mentioned in another thread you can open all the windows and doors on approach by pressing and holding the unlock button on the fob and the reverse is also true if you press and hold the lock button.

The mirrors are fab. I don't know what humans did before they evolved to this size?!

A previous post mentioned the "service menu" that is accessed by the following sequence:-

press and hold INFO button

switch side lights on and off three times

release the INFO button

This menu allows access to numerous settings and information, but does anyone know what all the settings mean, and if you make a change are they automatically saved when you power down (this seems to be the only way to exit the main menu).

I tried this today, there's some seriously scary options for the reversing camera :unsure: Not the one I was looking for which was some way of being able to switch it on manually.

Got this from the American forums...

Press the voice button and say "I'm hungry!" The sat nav will attempt to show you restaurants in the local vicinity :D

Although I always get a message about "having to delete a POI first" which I don't understand as I've selected restaurants in the list.

I solved my error regards the message. I had filled up all the slots with POIs. I've now deleted all bar the petrol icons. Now when I say "I'm Hungry" I get all the restaurants in the local vicinity displayed along with the flags indicating the type of grub they serve. Some flags I just didn't recognise, I'll have to speak to the kids and get a crash course in geography :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links