Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I would guess the "sensor" is probably a light (bulb or LED) and the window is to let the light into the actual ashtray.

Doh! So it is a fire prevention system, if you believe the salesman :blush:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Back to the "Did you know" , someone please tell me if this is true ?

I was in my local dealer on Saturday, having a moan, or should I say waiting to have a moan when I overheard a potensial IS250 buyer remark on the size of the boot and the fact he would have no problems getting his golf clubs in the back, to which the salesmen replied "Actually the boot on this was designed around 2 sets of golf clubs to ensure they would fit"

Not sure if it swung the sale :D

He may not be far from the truth. In the US it is generally considered to be the kiss of death to a luxury car if the boot (or trunk!) won't hold 2 sets of golf clubs. So Lexus probably did make sure they fitted.

:) Back to the "Did you know" , someone please tell me if this is true ?

I was in my local dealer on Saturday, having a moan, or should I say waiting to have a moan when I overheard a potensial IS250 buyer remark on the size of the boot and the fact he would have no problems getting his golf clubs in the back, to which the salesmen replied "Actually the boot on this was designed around 2 sets of golf clubs to ensure they would fit"

Not sure if it swung the sale :D

He may not be far from the truth. In the US it is generally considered to be the kiss of death to a luxury car if the boot (or trunk!) won't hold 2 sets of golf clubs. So Lexus probably did make sure they fitted.

:sad: I'll just go and sit in the corner and be quite then :sad:

:D :D

did you know...

If you have accessories on (without engine running), the car shuts itself off after a while.

I was waxing the car today so had the windows down and the radio on. After a while, I noticed the radio wasn't on anymore. Not sure if it detects the last action in the car (eg volume increase/decrease) or the last time the start/stop button was pushed. As a result, the timeout is somewhere from 20 - 60 minutes.

1972pixie. Not sure if 2 bags would fit.

There was a nice new Lexus golf bag in my boot when I picked up my car :) , and it fitted easily. Two sets should be ok, but might have a problem fitting anything else.

Did you get that for free?

Yep. Had already negotiated the final price and options and then said I needed a new golf bag to play at the Lexus Golf days.

Actually, the Brisbane dealership normally throws in (I'm sure we pay for it somewhere) a basket of gooides, including a bottle of Moet, some Crabtree & Evelyn beauty products and other bit & pieces. Still got the Moet, but had to for go the beauty products.The wife was a bit peeved at that, but I got my golf bag.

• 2 months later...

Did you know ...

If you hold down (5 secs) the track up/down buttons on the steering wheel it causes a disc up/down change. Found this today and was a bit suprised!

Did you know ...

If you hold down (5 secs) the track up/down buttons on the steering wheel it causes a disc up/down change. Found this today and was a bit suprised!

Didn't know that, but then again I rarely play CD's because of the iPod connection......but you could of pressed voice activation and said 'track down'

I've been using the voice activation a lot more recently, and whilst I thought it was gimmick originally, I couldn't do without it now...

Everything fro changing CD's, radio, heating/vents, dialling, SATNAV etc...

It's like anything, once you've got the vocab right, it's very useful, and you're not faffing around looking for the buttons :rolleyes:

I've been using the voice activation a lot more recently, and whilst I thought it was gimmick originally, I couldn't do without it now...

Everything fro changing CD's, radio, heating/vents, dialling, SATNAV etc...

It's like anything, once you've got the vocab right, it's very useful, and you're not faffing around looking for the buttons :rolleyes:

I have completely ignored the voice activation but you have tempted me into having a read of the manual and seeing what its all about. the main 'feature' i miss from my merc is that i could scroll down my phone book while driving and ring anyone. the MM only lets me dial those setup on 'speed-dial'. I'm sure i could do this using voice but haven't gotton around to playing with that aspect of the MM yet.

As an aside i have noticed that my doors don't lock automaticallly once the car is moving - I'm sure i read somewhere that this was a 'standard feature'?

Even with voice activated it's really only the Speed dials...the "nanny" in the system stops you dialling a number unless you pick up the phone and break the law...possibly!!

As far as auto locking is concerned, I had it enabled in my Audi too. Even some Peugeots have it as standard, but not the UK spec new IS...shocking!!

As someone who's had 2 attempted Car jacking incidents in London, I think it's aweful that Lexus could not make this available in the UK!!

• 8 months later...

You are all probably used to the Traffic symbols (queues, accidents, road works etc) on the SatNav map, well I had a "new" one the other day appear - traffic lights not working (they were!), but I was a bit suprised at the level of detail.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links