Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Quote :(

Craig W

Damn my age!

*drum roll*

£3140 fully comp!

19yrs old

35% no claims (45% in May, would go down to approx. £3000 then)

You may think i'm mad, as do i but i'm still going to buy my IS200 around Feb time. Got my heart set on one B)

thanks craig.

now I have coffe all over my laptop.

HOW MUCH???

Seriously - look into joining as a gold member

One of the things due to happen really shortly is discounted insurance.

Can practically guarantee that you'll save the subscription fee in insurance alone.

damn mate - thats a lot for insurance

3 grand

/shakes head

Ive had a think, and this would be best for me:

Typical Example

Lexus Purchase Plan

Lexus IS200 SE

On The Road Cash Price

£20,230.00

Deposit

£5,000.00

36 Monthly Payments

£495.77

Total Amount Payable*

£22,887.72

APR

11.3%

Trouble is, i'm not looking to buy one brand new. Realistically i want to spend about £15k on a 2nd hand IS200 SE, will the dealership (whichever one i purchase from) offer me the same Purchase Plan i.e pay a deposit upfront and then the rest over 36 months?

Trouble is, i'm not looking to buy one brand new. Realistically i want to spend about £15k on a 2nd hand IS200 SE, will the dealership (whichever one i purchase from) offer me the same Purchase Plan i.e pay a deposit upfront and then the rest over 36 months?

I keep waxing lyrical on Lex Auto Leasing but I find them good. I got a brand new IS200 Sport, didn't pay any deposit and pay around the £450 ish mark per month on a PCP.

If you aren't looking for a brand new car, it's worth checking them out as you can get a car that's around the 1 year mark and save yourself a fair bit of money. I'm thinking of doing this next time round!

craig i got a brand new is200 se on 1st september. i was 19 now im 20. payin £2357 insurance wit direct line. got no no claims as this is the first time i've been driving that i had my own insurance

***** goona take more than high insurance to stop this Playa havin his car

Got my baby insured through Privelidge (under written by direct line) Only cost £485 fully comp with 65% No Claims, Not Bad...

I may be old at 31, but they even cover my bitch who's a 23 year old nurse..... Drives like she's putting in a suppository...... take aim, close yer eyes and fire !!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Give 'em a bell

craig i got a brand new is200 se on 1st september. i was 19 now im 20. payin £2357 insurance wit direct line. got no no claims as this is the first time i've been driving that i had my own insurance

***** goona take more than high insurance to stop this Playa havin his car

Yours is cheaper than Craig's coz they know you drive like a girl playa.........

Those laydeez have been rubbing off on you :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Hold on - thats a good thing :D

CRAIG

Try http://www.axamotor.co.uk

I use them and mine is under a grand substantially! Im 29 drive a GS300 and have 4 years no claims.

sounds like your not short of cash so this next bit might affect you too.

They are the only firm I have been with that will let me use my full no claims discount on both the cars I insure with them so my Rangy 3.5V8 is ......wait for it....

v

v

v

v

Drum roll please!!!

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

£234 fully comp for the year!!!

to me thats a bargain.

oh my licence has been clean since about 1996 though.....

Loz

Claire is right on the PCPs, though I have found that Lex are a bit expensive compared to Tins www.tins.co.uk.

Mine was £1000 deposit and £370/month over 42 months with a kiss of £9000 at the end.

Tins took an eternity to deliver mine though, I think they just waited for the Jan/Feb dealer blues and then got a good deal for themselves. They also give crap trade-in values.

Try http://www.car-finance.net/default.html. I can't vouch for their integrity, but their PCP deals are cheap and it gives you two things. Flexibility to negotiate with the dealers yourself and something to beat the Lexus dealer over the head with if you want to get as good a finance deal out of them. Try watching "Right car, wrong car" for tips on beating dealers.

Also try www.carpricecheck.com. We got the wife's Scenic via them and got a better deal from a UK Renault dealer than we would have got from one of the importers.

Just swapped from Saab 9000 CSE 2 litre LPT which was costing £277 per year fully comp to the Lexus (bloody good move actually) :D

This might not what you want to hear but when you arrive at my grand old age of 50 like what I am my company tell me that on renewal at todays price it will cost another £2 for the Lexus making it around £279 ish.

Thats all with full NCB and comprehensive with my lady as a named driver

The company well thats Hastings Direct tel: 0800 0 1066 - oh and if you do any good please mention my name ;)

Cos I think they might lower my premium even more next time

:backofnet:

Woohoo!!

Just got a quote on directline... £1788.15 (IS200 SE) :D

whilst that is good news Craig, can I strongly recommend you read this thread about my experiences in dealing with Tesco (who sell directline policies) and Direct Line engineers in resolving a claim for accident which was not my fault.

Insurance companies suck big time. They must use some kind of lottery style random number generator to come up with their premiums. When phoning/internetting around for my 98 GS300SE, the difference in some of the quotes was about £1800. Absolutely bloody ridiculous. I went with Direct Line in the end-they can shove that damn red phone up their exhaust pipe though. 29 years old with 25 year old missus full NCB no points £445 full comp. I think it would be a good idea if everyone in the UK started phoning insurance companies and told them what they were willing to pay. Then let the insurance companies come after you looking for business. They would soon lower their prices then! Nothing wrong with a bit of haggling!

Woohoo!!

Just got a quote on directline... £1788.15 (IS200 SE) :D

How the hell can CIS justify charging me £1352 extra for the same vehicle?!

Insurance companies baffle me...

Well & truely chuffed :hohoho:

what. so why am i paying £2300 for insurance when im 20yrs old. im gonna kick direct lines *****!!

have you got any no claims??

is the car brand new?

Car insurance, along with the cursed speed camera on 50+ roads, is my main bitch when people mention cars.

However, where you live is going to be a big factor here.... annoyingly, the insurance companies rob you blind if:

- You don't live in the middle of a field

- You are forced to use your garage as storage

- You drive a nice car, and aren't over 92

I'm not entirely sure how the formula works - but I'm looking at renewing my current Direct Line policy with a new IS300 (worth about 15 grand more than my current IS200) and it only works out at about 70 quid more. I'm 25 now, bought the current IS at 23, and I've always been paying around the 700-800 mark for insurance.

So it strikes me that you are being mugged for 2300, Playa. I was "only" paying 1200 for fully comp on a brand new Volvo T4 when I was 21... with 1yr no claims. I think I got that with Bell Direct...

There's a vicious rumour that bargainously cheap "Gold Members" insurance is imminent tho ;)