Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Owners

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got mine - 04 Monaro CV8 with a couple of minor mods..................for now.

Can be taken to 420BHP for peanuts, then all the way to 630BHP with forced induction on standard internals. Does 0-60 in around 5 secs, and a top speed of 170mph whilst carrying 4 people in total comfort with boot space for 2 weeks holiday and more. And is surprisingly nimble for such a huge barge.

Did look at evo's and skylines but as I drive on motorways everyday I could see myself getting tired of the harsh ride and noise. Not only that, the V8 provides more useable torque for in-gear acceleration that is required for traveling up and down the motorway.

I did look at an M5 but was frightened off by the electrical problems they suffer. Also looked at a CLK55 AMG but I don't own a hairdryer to stock the boot with. I also looked at an S-Type R, but I am not 40.

Mods to be done over the coming months are:

19" alloys

Brake upgarde

Performance tuning pack

Just got mine - 04 Monaro CV8 with a couple of minor mods..................for now.

Can be taken to 420BHP for peanuts, then all the way to 630BHP with forced induction on standard internals. Does 0-60 in around 5 secs, and a top speed of 170mph whilst carrying 4 people in total comfort with boot space for 2 weeks holiday and more. And is surprisingly nimble for such a huge barge.

Did look at evo's and skylines but as I drive on motorways everyday I could see myself getting tired of the harsh ride and noise. Not only that, the V8 provides more useable torque for in-gear acceleration that is required for traveling up and down the motorway.

I did look at an M5 but was frightened off by the electrical problems they suffer. Also looked at a CLK55 AMG but I don't own a hairdryer to stock the boot with. I also looked at an S-Type R, but I am not 40.

Mods to be done over the coming months are:

19" alloys

Brake upgarde

Performance tuning pack

Very respectable figures and also the icing on the cake is you dont see many on the road.

Seen an IS250 on the road for the first time. Light blue colur. It looked f***** awful as well the middle aged bag driving it, staring at my car she was. :tomato:

If money was no object i would have this rare as rocking horse poo and would be great being

able to kill anything at the lights.

Dont be silly gordon thats the RS200. An absolute legend and as quick as stink. Its beaten everything on the rally course in its day and still would. 600bhp on tap if i remember

If money was no object i would have this rare as rocking horse poo and would be great being

Dont be silly gordon thats the RS200. An absolute legend and as quick as stink. Its beaten everything on the rally course in its day and still would. 600bhp on tap if i remember

nope thats the tamed down and quite pooh(compared to the original Group B car), road going version that ford cobbled together to get rid of the cars, it truely was a parts bin special of parts that ford fumbled together to try and get the cars road legal, not a scratch on the original

Homogulation in order for it to compete i believe.

I am still on about the the original RS200. There are some knocking about that have been restored to the original spec. One was on eBay for £500,000

Definetely another Lexus, not the new IS, becouse there is not possibility to get the 350 in Euope by now, so I'll go for the RX 350 or 400, or maybe for the GS 300, although I can't understand why it did not still use the 3500 cc version (272 or better the 300 hp version).

I am not going for generalistics brands. Don't do it, you will remember Lexus.

ARRRR, a ford kit car :lol:

Easy gord!! no kit car but a group B legend. There is a kit avalible based on a

meastro chassis (dosent bare thinking about :ohmy: )

Ive always wanted an Evo7 or 8, i was gonna get one before the lex but the insurance was 5-6 k! if not that then definately something yankee like a mustang or a ram. if i had 30k id like to get the Audi RS6 V8, 450bhp standard, with revo its 520bhp! That Revo is the dogs, my mate has a 1.8 turbo golf mk4, 150bhp standard, for £439 its now running at 207bhp! id need too spend £3000 on my car for that kind of power!

What has he done, chipped it and exhaust?

I didnt think much was possible with the golfs low compression turbo?

R32's are too expesive for what they are.

The only thing hes done is had the ECU remapped by Revo-Tec. I never belived it when he told me...150-207 bhp from just a remap for £439 but its true! Revo is only for german/european cars like Audi's VW's, Seat's..

Ive always wanted an Evo7 or 8, i was gonna get one before the lex but the insurance was 5-6 k! if not that then definately something yankee like a mustang or a ram. if i had 30k id like to get the Audi RS6 V8, 450bhp standard, with revo its 520bhp! That Revo is the dogs, my mate has a 1.8 turbo golf mk4, 150bhp standard, for £439 its now running at 207bhp! id need too spend £3000 on my car for that kind of power!

What has he done, chipped it and exhaust?

I didnt think much was possible with the golfs low compression turbo?

R32's are too expesive for what they are.

The only thing hes done is had the ECU remapped by Revo-Tec. I never belived it when he told me...150-207 bhp from just a remap for £439 but its true! Revo is only for german/european cars like Audi's VW's, Seat's..

That remap wont be doing the car any favours though.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for dragging this back but I saw my first Civic yesterday as one passed me on the M25.

I don't know what I was thinking putting it on my next car list - reminded me of a Citroen C3 with the raised bubble type roof - yuk :sick:

I think later this year I will give my car to Lexus Guildford:

Mileage will be 30K, so...........

Final free service

Front bumper & bonnet paint (M25 stone chips)

Engine bay steam clean

Replacement windscreen (also suffered with M25 damage)

4 refurb wheels & new tyres (well they will have done 30K)

= as new condition and another 2 or 3 years life at a fraction of the cost of a new one

Although i do like the new IS250 .... I think a newer Altezza is the way I'll go when changing in about 2 years,

no offence to new IS buyers but the old seems to have way more presence .... just my humble opinion :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links