Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Lights On Is250

Well I finally decided to put an order for a IS250 SEL Auto after another test drive. just got to wait for it to turn up now (June/July it seems).

I had a another test drive before going ordering, and had a question on the "Auto" Lights setting.

What exactly is it supposed to do? Are the lights supposed to come on when it gets below a certain light setting? If it is can you set the light level it turns on at? Or does it do something completely different?

Any thoughts?

Barry

Well I finally decided to put an order for a IS250 SEL Auto after another test drive. just got to wait for it to turn up now (June/July it seems).

I had a another test drive before going ordering, and had a question on the "Auto" Lights setting.

What exactly is it supposed to do? Are the lights supposed to come on when it gets below a certain light setting? If it is can you set the light level it turns on at? Or does it do something completely different?

Any thoughts?

Barry

Barry the car is fantastic and you will love it. I have the same car and it gives me a huge grin everytime I get in it. To complete the package I would go for the MM option too.

Thanks for the replies, I guess I need to wait for it to get a bit darker to try the lights out on Auto.

Saracen, yep I went for the MM option, really impressed by what it can do, the sat nav is the best I have seen and I have tried quite a few, and the Bluetooth handsfree worked great as well.

Went for Brechin Slate as a colour, although I am not really worried about colours too much as long as it doesn't show up the dirt too quickly :winky:

Barry

Thanks for the replies, I guess I need to wait for it to get a bit darker to try the lights out on Auto.

My lights are permanently on Auto and I never think about them. The only problem is when you get into a car that doesn't have auto lights and you forget to turn them on. :blink:

that'll be low beam and fogs on for me please

I always think front fogs should be saved for FOG. It is most annoying to drive on regular roads when cars coming towards you have dims & front fogs on.

My lights are permanently on Auto and I never think about them. The only problem is when you get into a car that doesn't have auto lights and you forget to turn them on. :blink:

Happended to me in a hire car in Glasgow. Strange thing is I didn't notice the lghts weren't on until I stopped, Even got waved through by a Police car when trying to turn right and he didn't give any indication that they were off - could have been embarrassing.

With regard to when they decide to come on, my only gripe is when it's raining. Unless the light level gets very low, they stay firmly OFF. No real hassle switching them on manually of course and at least you get a warning chime when you stop the car with them on manual.

I always think front fogs should be saved for FOG. It is most annoying to drive on regular roads when cars coming towards you have dims & front fogs on.

Amen to that especially on micras. Then again you have to pity them with their fogs and overloud sterios taking the place of what they wish were large appendages.

Amen to that especially on micras. Then again you have to pity them with their fogs and overloud sterios taking the place of what they wish were large appendages.

I like to drive with sides and fogs....but I have a very powerful car, and I do it just because I don't give a poop

Quite agree, thought it was only the Chavs that think that's cool. I think Koshime was baiting the trap with that one :lol:

Slightly off topic....but still talking lights.

Has anyone noticed how the lights on the dash and dials also dim automatically. This happens even if you haven't got the lights set to auto. Say you're driving in fairly low light and go under a motorway flyover, the difference in light can make the electronics dim your dash, then when you're through the flyover...up they come again.

B)-->

QUOTE(Carlos B @ Mar 25 2006, 09:38 PM)

Slightly off topic....but still talking lights.

Has anyone noticed how the lights on the dash and dials also dim automatically. This happens even if you haven't got the lights set to auto. Say you're driving in fairly low light and go under a motorway flyover, the difference in light can make the electronics dim your dash, then when you're through the flyover...up they come again.

I think this is because the car is switching to "night mode". Just discovered this mode myself thanks to another thread regarding what's new on the IS. You can have the car permanently in Day mode by turning the dimmer dial fully to the right till it "clicks".

Thanks saracen, will give it a go.

On the subject of front fogs I don't mind these as much as those numpties...usually driving Fords...who leave their rear fogs on. B) The only fog is in their brains. I do wonder though, why people pay extra for cars with Xenon lights, and then only put the fogs on :winky:

Went for Brechin Slate as a colour, although I am not really worried about colours too much as long as it doesn't show up the dirt too quickly :winky:

Barry

I have the car in that colour also...its gorgeous. You will love it. Better than silver!!