Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Members Introduce Yourself Here!

Steve

Hi everyone. I have just purchased my first Lexus a 1999 LS400. Have only driven it home so I am still reading the owners information that came with it. Will get to know it better next week when I drive it from Kent to Scotland and back.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone. I have just purchased my first Lexus a 1999 LS400. Have only driven it home so I am still reading the owners information that came with it. Will get to know it better next week when I drive it from Kent to Scotland and back.

Theres no better a car to Drive to Scotland and Back :driving:

Welcome to LOC everyone :)

Hi im Dave,

ive just bought a Black IS200 after 4 months of searching, finally i came across one which had Full Lexus service history, brand new interior and paintwork, it has done 84k but we believe are mostly motoway miles. and was only 6.5K,main priorities are to get the wheels reconditioned as thats the only thing thats not perfect, transfer the MP3 player + sub/amp etc from my old car, then lower it, its great to drive but i cant help flooring it everywhere just to hear the engine, ive also used half a tank of fuel in a week and ive not really been anywhere lol.

Hi All,

Names Wayne (as if it was hard to guess :hehe: ), Just registered, as I bought my first Lexus today :)

Purchased a nice clean LS400 ('98), 68K, FLSH (inc. ALL reciepts & Cam belt change), Collecting the car tomorrow & can't wait :winky:

Any tips for a new owner?

Hi, My name is Neil,

i've just finished University and i'm about to begin a career in I.T. I stumbled across this site whilst deciding upon my next choice of car.. I've been all around the hills deciding upon the car I want..

Looking to spend wisely on a used stylish, reliable and comfortable compact executive car.

My current car is a: 1995(N) Vauxhall Astra 1.8i 16v Sport 5dr in black, with 150,000 miles on the clock. Had it for about 4 years now and used it as a way to commute to uni, and it's started to creak and rattle and basically sounds like a diesel (sometimes worse than a diesel), totally bored of it and it's time for it to go!

Originally looking for:

Alfa Romeo 156 - Fell in love with the looks, the name and the perfomance, and the used prices, unsure of reliability and build quality and the front wheel drive layout..

Peugeot 406 Coupe 3.0 V6 SE - Great looking car, fast, cheap and plenty of kit, but very thirsty and front wheel drive only.

BMW 3-Series - Pretty much the benchmark in this category, a bit common and far too expensive (don't depreciate fast enough to fall into my budget, unless I buy a really old one or a base model) not great value compared to the alternatives.

Audi A4 - Ok, but a little dull and usually high mileage or poverty spec in my price range..

So, the IS200 is what brings me here, although I have only just started looking..

Thanks!

hiya all i,m neil from tividale (west mids)i,ve got GS300 on 17,s dark glass strate though pipes cat back and a filter love the car love the look on merc drivers faces when they see the full full leather and the elec stering wheel :lol: do you lot have club meets?????

Hi all at LOC!

I'm Rob and i come from the outer wilderness called norfolk!

am new to the lexus scene used to have mkII golfs, and even a xantia for my sinns!

i have just purchased a t plate is200s auto in platinum ice and all seems to be goin well apart from a couple of niggles.

would be great to hear from other members with the same model as i am very unfamiliar with any faults that may be common.

kind regards

Rob

Fcukinfatbob@hotmail.com