Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Faq: How To Post Questions On Loc

Steve

Here are a few tips on how to post and edit topics.

Please note: All accounts need to be validated before you can post on the forums.

There are three different posting screens available. The new topic button, visible in forums and in topics allows you to add a new topic to that particular forum. The new poll button (if the admin has enabled it) will also be viewable in topics and forums allowing you to create a new poll in the forum. When viewing a topic, there will be an add reply button, allowing you to add a new reply onto that particular topic.

Posting new topics and replying

When making a post, you will most likely have the option to use IBF code when posting. This will allow you to add various types of formatting to your messages. For more information on this, click the 'BB Code Help' link under the emoticon box to launch the help window.

On the left of the text entry box, there is the clickable emoticons box - you can click on these to add them to the content of your message (these are sometimes known as 'smilies').

There are three options available when making a post or a reply. 'Enable emoticons?' if this is unchecked, then any text that would normally be converted into an emoticon will not be. 'Enable signature?' allows you to choose whether or not you would like your signature to appear on that individual post. 'Enable email notification of replies?' ticking this box will mean that you will receive e-mail updates to the topic, see the 'Email Notification of new messages' help topic for more information on this.

You also have the option to choose a post icon for the topic/post when creating one. This icon will appear next to the topic name on the topic listing in that forum, or will appear next to the date/time of the message if making a reply to a topic.

If the admin has enabled it, you will also see a file attachments option, this will allow you to attach a file to be uploaded when making a post. Click the browse button to select a file from your computer to be uploaded. If you upload an image file, it may be shown in the content of the post, all other file types will be linked to.

Poll Options

If you have chosen to post a new poll, there will be an extra two option boxes at the top of the help screen. The first input box will allow you to enter the question that you are asking in the poll. The text field underneath is where you will input the choices for the poll. Simply enter a different option on each line. The maximum number of choices is set by the board admin, and this figure is displayed on the left.

Quoting Posts

Displayed below each post in a topic, there is a 'Quote' button. Pressing this button will allow you to reply to a topic, and have the text from a particular reply quoted in your own reply. When you choose to do this, an extra text field will appear below the main text input box to allow you to edit the content of the post being quoted.

Editing Posts

Above any posts that you have made, you may see an 'Edit' button. Pressing this will allow you to edit the post that you had previously made.

When editing you may see an option to 'Add the 'Edit by' line in this post?'. If you tick this then it will show up in the posts that it has been edited and the time at which it was edited. If this option does not appear, then the edit by line will always be added to the post.

If you are unable to see the edit button displayed on each post that you have made, then the administrator may have prevented you from editing posts, or the time limit for editing may have expired.

Fast Reply

Where it has been enabled, there will be a fast reply button on each topic. Clicking this will open up a posting box on the topic view screen, cutting down on the time required to load the main posting screen. Click the fast reply button to expand the reply box and type the post inside of there. Although the fast reply box is not expanded by default, you can choose the option to have it expanded by default, from the board settings section of your control panel. Pressing the 'More Options' button will take you to the normal posting screen.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hi I have recently got myself a Lexus IS200 se Nav nice motor, I joined this owners club as I thought it could be helpfull but alass it is a bit of a game trying to work out how to use it ..any help ? Noddy :

I would come out with a tongue in cheek answer there

mentioning my Ex-Wife, but don't fancy getting a warning.

Welcome to LOC guys, it gets easier by doing, lots of

great useful info on your cars is available.

We were all new here once :winky:

Remember to use the View New Posts tag up top,

or just browse the main Index to see the things relative to what

you are looking for & you will get the hang of it :D

• 2 months later...
Hi I have recently got myself a Lexus IS200 se Nav nice motor, I joined this owners club as I thought it could be helpfull but alass it is a bit of a game trying to work out how to use it ..any help ? Noddy :

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

[/quote

Hi Guy's I Just got me a SC 430 (2005) and wanted some advice, Hmmm! Seems to be almost imposible to work out how to ask a simple question on here. You'd expect this kind of palava in the BMW Owners Club not Lexus. Any how can anybody answer why my parking sensor works some of the time and then not at all ( No there isn't a cut off switch in the boot on this car) I'm stumped!!

Cheers.

Hi Guy's I Just got me a SC 430 (2005) and wanted some advice, Hmmm! Seems to be almost imposible to work out how to ask a simple question on here. You'd expect this kind of palava in the BMW Owners Club not Lexus. Any how can anybody answer why my parking sensor works some of the time and then not at all ( No there isn't a cut off switch in the boot on this car) I'm stumped!!

Cheers.

Probably best (and should get more answers) if you post a new thread here in the SC section :winky:

Ohh and welcome to LOC :D

Edit: Scrap the above...just seen you've posted :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, how does one validate an account?

Here are a few tips on how to post and edit topics.

Please note: All accounts need to be validated before you can post on the forums.

There are three different posting screens available. The new topic button, visible in forums and in topics allows you to add a new topic to that particular forum. The new poll button (if the admin has enabled it) will also be viewable in topics and forums allowing you to create a new poll in the forum. When viewing a topic, there will be an add reply button, allowing you to add a new reply onto that particular topic.

Posting new topics and replying

When making a post, you will most likely have the option to use IBF code when posting. This will allow you to add various types of formatting to your messages. For more information on this, click the 'BB Code Help' link under the emoticon box to launch the help window.

On the left of the text entry box, there is the clickable emoticons box - you can click on these to add them to the content of your message (these are sometimes known as 'smilies').

There are three options available when making a post or a reply. 'Enable emoticons?' if this is unchecked, then any text that would normally be converted into an emoticon will not be. 'Enable signature?' allows you to choose whether or not you would like your signature to appear on that individual post. 'Enable email notification of replies?' ticking this box will mean that you will receive e-mail updates to the topic, see the 'Email Notification of new messages' help topic for more information on this.

You also have the option to choose a post icon for the topic/post when creating one. This icon will appear next to the topic name on the topic listing in that forum, or will appear next to the date/time of the message if making a reply to a topic.

If the admin has enabled it, you will also see a file attachments option, this will allow you to attach a file to be uploaded when making a post. Click the browse button to select a file from your computer to be uploaded. If you upload an image file, it may be shown in the content of the post, all other file types will be linked to.

Poll Options

If you have chosen to post a new poll, there will be an extra two option boxes at the top of the help screen. The first input box will allow you to enter the question that you are asking in the poll. The text field underneath is where you will input the choices for the poll. Simply enter a different option on each line. The maximum number of choices is set by the board admin, and this figure is displayed on the left.

Quoting Posts

Displayed below each post in a topic, there is a 'Quote' button. Pressing this button will allow you to reply to a topic, and have the text from a particular reply quoted in your own reply. When you choose to do this, an extra text field will appear below the main text input box to allow you to edit the content of the post being quoted.

Editing Posts

Above any posts that you have made, you may see an 'Edit' button. Pressing this will allow you to edit the post that you had previously made.

When editing you may see an option to 'Add the 'Edit by' line in this post?'. If you tick this then it will show up in the posts that it has been edited and the time at which it was edited. If this option does not appear, then the edit by line will always be added to the post.

If you are unable to see the edit button displayed on each post that you have made, then the administrator may have prevented you from editing posts, or the time limit for editing may have expired.

Fast Reply

Where it has been enabled, there will be a fast reply button on each topic. Clicking this will open up a posting box on the topic view screen, cutting down on the time required to load the main posting screen. Click the fast reply button to expand the reply box and type the post inside of there. Although the fast reply box is not expanded by default, you can choose the option to have it expanded by default, from the board settings section of your control panel. Pressing the 'More Options' button will take you to the normal posting screen.

• 2 months later...

hiya im benji, just joined loc. not long bought my lexus and its a mint car, i dnt want to ruin it but im really considering buying the altezza kit, and maybe some nice 18s. just wondering if any one has any contacts on where to find the altezza kits and prices and also any idea where to find the perfect alloys for my lexus. hope someone can help as ive got the money to spend lol cheers benji

hiya im benji, just joined loc. not long bought my lexus and its a mint car, i dnt want to ruin it but im really considering buying the altezza kit, and maybe some nice 18s. just wondering if any one has any contacts on where to find the altezza kits and prices and also any idea where to find the perfect alloys for my lexus. hope someone can help as ive got the money to spend lol cheers benji

hi benji

try posting the same question in the appropriate section :whistling:

may get a few more views and answers :)

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all

New 2 all this but thought i'd give it a go,recently got myself an is200 se and took the dive on fitting a new stereo hence the reason for joining as finding it slightly more difficult than i first thought

• 4 months later...

Hi everybody!

I just bought my IS220D recently!Its in caspian colour.I tinted the windows,

but at the place they said they can`t tint the tail lights coz its too edgy!:(

So i was wondering if somebody could advise me how can i make it blackish!And

also could somebody tell me a place in london where they do some tuning for

lexus!coz m not really good in changing bulbs or bits on the car,which i want to.

One place where i can find every tuning parts for the car!

thanks for the help.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi everyone

I am a new Gold member ( sounds like Mike Myers!!!) and my forum name is Murphybear. I have had a bad experience and I would like to share it with you. This will involve bad comments about a Lexus dealer and I hope someone will tell me where I can post it in these forums.

I am now the proud owner of an IS 200 SE registered in 2003 and having done 57000 miles. I purchased the car from Too Good to Auction in the Langage Industrial Park in Plympton, Plymouth.They were great and helpful.

I am very happy with the car but it needs a cambelt change as it has not been done to my knowledge and I have booked it in for the work next Tuesday. I don't want to say much more until I know which area to post in.

Looking forward to contributing if I can.

Murphybear

• 3 months later...

I am a spammer and I have no actual input of any importance to this forum - so I have been banned from posting and had all but this one edited posts removed from public view

^^^^^^^Excellent

Edited by IanS200
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all ive been part of this LOC for a short while now it seems difficult to work this site I haven't had time since starting up the account to mess with it till now but I spose ill learn now lol I own a Lexus IS200 2004 its great car glad to be apart of this club. :phone:

Just seems to be knowing when someones replyed to one of my comments and generally quickly going back to my posts to view changes I don't see how to do it I only knew you've replyed via my Iphone email is that the only way ? will it not notify me if I stay online