Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted - Manual Rs200

IanF

I;ve had several offers... But whether they still stand toward end of the yr is another thing!

Anyways... good luck with your search, u know what to look out for now :D :winky:

• 2 weeks later...

I feel slightly more comfortable knowing the manual models are a rare breed :)

Yup they are in the UK, I have had some serious thoughts about coverting to manual.

I assume that the box is the same as the IS so a quick trip to "the scrappies" could probably get all the bits I need :D

Common as muck over here....... :P :hehe:

Half of those wouldn't ever be allowed in the UK even if you tried with all the SVA non-sense!

:P

Common as muck over here....... :P :hehe:

Half of those wouldn't ever be allowed in the UK even if you tried with all the SVA non-sense!

:P

Yup..... only a matter of time before they get "over-strict" here as well.....

The other good thing so far as well is the insurance companies are ignorant about Altezza's ... probably won't last when more and more boy racers get them and crash them = alarms bells will start ringing!

Yup they are in the UK, I have had some serious thoughts about coverting to manual.

I assume that the box is the same as the IS so a quick trip to "the scrappies" could probably get all the bits I need :D

funny you should mention that as i was contemplating in getting a cheap auto rs200 (I tihnk i saw ones go for about £4k on ebay) as I was chatting with mat at the time and he says its very straight forward to convert considering he has (had?) ecu and stad man box and pedals.

Have a word with him :)

Is the Altezza so much better than the IS200?

I'm getting frustrated without a car - and there are plenty of very nice IS200 Sport about for reasonable money.

Would I be cheating myself if I sacrificed 50bhp to get a car now?

Ian

yes!

I miss my altezza, espceially now I have seen some seriously sweeto bits from japan.

Ian I'm surprised you didn't take the altezza for a quick blast considering how long you had it unregistered. I would have been so frustrated I would have taken it to a track day or something just to drive it or on a private road...

Is the Altezza so much better than the IS200?

I'm getting frustrated without a car - and there are plenty of very nice IS200 Sport about for reasonable money.

Would I be cheating myself if I sacrificed 50bhp to get a car now?

Ian

If you want a sports sedan you want the Altezza

IF you want a luxury sedan you want the IS200

tbh, i have best of both worlds now. I wouldn't buy an IS200 unless it was Mat's monster... IS200s are beyond boring to drive (sorry if that hurts IS200 owners)

That's what I like - no fence sitting here!

It's looking like I've either got to wait for as long as it takes until one comes up (and even then I'm in competition with Oli!), or get another imported to order.

Trouble is, the wife is theatening divorce if I go down the import route again.

The question is, is it worth it? Loose a wife, but gain an Altezza.....hmmm

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links