Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted - Manual Rs200

IanF

Could you import another wife??..

You might have SVA trouble there too!!!... Ha!!!..

Tough choice mate!!... Come over to Ireland and you could choose from many altezzas. Most of them are standard and you SHOULD have no hassle in getting them registered in England...

Come over to Ireland and you could choose from many altezzas. Most of them are standard and you SHOULD have no hassle in getting them registered in England...

Do some homework on the logistics of pulling something like this off.... It might be best chance... infact it might be the best option overall by the looks of things!

Could you import another wife??..

Genius! :D :D

Better spec than the UK version, higher performance, and good value for money.

The only downside is that she will need to be run on more expensive fuel (probably sake instead of Bacardi Breezer)

Come over to Ireland and you could choose from many altezzas. Most of them are standard and you SHOULD have no hassle in getting them registered in England...

Do some homework on the logistics of pulling something like this off.... It might be best chance... infact it might be the best option overall by the looks of things!

Not sure about this. The car will still need an ESVA, and VOSA need to see the original jap de-reg documents. Plus the cars are inherently more expensive in Ireland, so this could be an expensive route to go down.

I hope for you sake the wife doesn't tune into LOC... otherwise your a dead man

:lol:

Sorry dear... :whistling:

Did you check out the blue RS200 then?

Yeah - it was OK, but looked it's age - nothing specifically wrong, but slightly tatty and worn.

The problem the wife has with importing is having to pay up front for a car before it's registered. Bringing one in from Ireland wouldn't change this.

If I can find an importer who will do the job with just a deposit, and the rest payable only after registration, I may win her round....

Ian

Ian,

Any car you want looked at in Ireland just let me know and i can have a look at it and take the bones of 100+ pictures for you and send them on. The best thing about importing from Ireland is that it only costs £20 to fly over and have a look from UK. If theres a car you like a deposit would do and you could send pictures and documents to the esva office to see what the story is..

Sean

Importing a car thats going to cost 6-7k plus with only a deposit would be really rare unless you knew them very well i would think... as no one would want to have a car that potentially they couldn't sell, as the fob price would need to be paid before puting the car on the ship.

I would like one but is the esva model report thing ok now with manual altezza's or am i looking at waiting until 08 before I look into one.

I would like one but is the esva model report thing ok now with manual altezza's or am i looking at waiting until 08 before I look into one.

AFAIK it depends on the ECU that you have, the later ECU is OK the older one is not.

There is a model report available for cars from 2001 onwards. There was a report for earlier cars fitted with the later ECU, but this has now been withdrawn.

But if you want a 2001 or younger car, and use a reputable importer, there should be no problem. Mr Morse has just imported an MR2 - I know he has good things to say about the guy he used.

i tihnk alot of money is wasted as it is... in shipping and so much admin (I thnk its the way they cream more money out of you) even more so with a new car considering the esva and model reports etc. I would probably get an older pimp jzx80 or 90 or an old skool soarer or a 4 door r32 skyline..

or wait until 2008 :)

Had a calm rational chat with the wife tonight - I explained the reasons why importing again wasn't a teriible idea, she explained her worries about chucking good money after bad.

After rationally listening to each others arguments, we both agreed I'm a knob, and I should just do as I'm bloody well told.

So it's UK registered, or nothing.

Women!

Be sure to stipulate that if you do it "her way" that you must be allowed reasonable funds for modifying so as to make you happy too.......... :winky: .... (ya i'm married too, lol)

Had a calm rational chat with the wife tonight - I explained the reasons why importing again wasn't a teriible idea, she explained her worries about chucking good money after bad.

After rationally listening to each others arguments, we both agreed I'm a knob, and I should just do as I'm bloody well told.

Women!

hahaha, sorry dont nkow if it was meant to entertain but i found it amusing as most of my conversation with regards to cars goes a similar way - to start with. All I do is say fine ok and mention nothing of it for a few days, weeks if you can hold out. I basically said ok I'll can that idea full stop.

then after a few weeks take her out for a nice meal or somewhere that will lighten her mood gifts and stuff normally help and subtly mention that after trying to concentrate on something else, an altezza chosen to YOUR own spec is still something you want... Well thats how I managed to get 3 cars on our driveway and then 4 cars soon after. I thnik they give in... or my wifey is really understanding and nice

Can you not just go ahead bid on a car and win it import it in (without her knowing)and then say look honey there's one for sale to waht i want blah blah blah... that would work?

Women!

Well at least you took your wife along with your plans, Ian. Time to bear my soul!!!!

A few years back I bought a BMW 325Ci Sport Coupe on a whim. Lovely looking car (the nice metallic blue colour). I did tell my wife about it, and she just said go ahead and get it if you want. So I had a test drive and was smitten, and bought it on the spot.

So when I got it home, I took her out for a drive in my new pride and joy. DISASTER :ohmy::ohmy: What I hadn't realised, was that bumpy rural roads and BMW rock-hard sports suspension made her feel queezy :ohmy: .

After a few days hoping this problem would go away, the queeziness was still there. I took it back to the dealer who replaced the nice sporty alloys with softer saloon wheels and tyres in the hope this would cure the problem. It didn't :angry: so after just one month of ownership, I ended up trading it in for a 330 Ci coupe (not the sport). World of difference to the ride. Expensive exercise, but the 3 litre motor was a peach.

Moral of the tale is "take your wife with you on the test drive", as I did when I bought my IS300. I won't make that mistake again. :duh:

Good luck with your hunt for the right motor.

IanB :D

It's my old one - The guy I sold it to is selling on again. I think he has already found a buyer.

The potential new owner has already registered on here, so may introduce himself shortly.

Ian

So it's still in the UK then.

I'm not sure where it is now, but the potential buyer is in Ireland

Londonderry according to the Autotrader ad, that's Ulster.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links