Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200

johnEDWARDS

Has any member experienced an ECU problems with any model. My Very low mileage is200 is in stoke with a very poorly ECU.they tell me i need a new one at a cost of eeeeekkkk £1229 fitted? is there an after market one available? or am i better off sticking with the original monster :question:

Has any member experienced an ECU problems with any model. My Very low mileage is200 is in stoke with a very poorly ECU.they tell me i need a new one at a cost of eeeeekkkk £1229 fitted? is there an after market one available? or am i better off sticking with the original monster :question:

who has told you that you have a poorly ECU?.ie lexus or another?

it was Andy at the stoke branch of lexus that has told me it needs replacing.

What is the problem with the ecu?

Ecu's dont just go poorly there has to be a cause.

long story are u ready? Took car to KC autos in winsford on 08/03/06 for repair to small dent on left front wing caused by me in the garage. after 4 days in paint! they rang to tell me the ignition barrel had collapsed? this car has less than 25k on the clock. one thing after another lead to new ignition barrel + housing (broke by the garage trying to fix barrel) then i was told the car had error codes that they could not fix and it would need to go to main dealer. i found out by ringing the main dealer myself. not really got any more info apart from they could not clear abs fault light at kc autos.the car was running like a dream pre trip to kc autos

is the car in stoke?i reckon if its ok with him,you should ask chris shipley to take a look at it,he is based in hanley,and knows alot bout lexii.He services them.you defo need a couple of opinions on this.

what year is the car, i have a 2003 manual ecu

its a 2000W auto.

is the car in stoke?i reckon if its ok with him,you should ask chris shipley to take a look at it,he is based in hanley,and knows alot bout lexii.He services them.you defo need a couple of opinions on this.

Is Chris Shipley at the hanley lexus dealers? whats his phone number if he doesn,t work there.

Too right Pip, how does an ignition barrel "collapse" in the first place?

You say the the car was in for a repair to the "left front wing", is that the near side (passenger) wing. If so that is the side where the ECU is, also they may have done some damage to the ABS sensor or wiring.

Either way the car was Ok when the got it, now it isn't, why should you pay for it.

the lock cylinder breaking is quite a common fault - you get no warning of it either - it just stops, could be unfortunate timing. I would disconnect the Battery for a while then try it again - if you are still getting an ABS warning I would have a look at the harness /sensor that goes to the wheel hub, as it seems obvious they have done something - the harness is easily damaged BTW

would also not be very happy with the garage you took it too --- did u see the cylinder??

I wouldnt be happy to say the least with the garage that you took it too in the 1st place. Have you talked to them about the damage they caused?

yes I was very sceptical about the fact that the ingition wouldn't work.i accepted that the garage was trying to be honest with me. so reluctantly agreed to foot the bill for the barrel they were to provide the labour.at the time i wanted to get my car back as soon as.. what a fool i was.

When they told me they needed more parts to fix the barrel i went down there.he agree that although the key wouldn't turn it wasn't worn or collapsed. because it would be like mixing custard with a spoon. but there was only minimal movement of the key in the barrel. we were talkin about damage limitation.they had already Butchered my barrel to remove the key. they atempted to drill the barrel out of the housing which caused the housing to break which they said they would remove then decided to drill it in situ. hey pressto.(they had already bought this part from lexus without my authorisation up goes the bill again) it reads like a comedy only im not laughing.

they KC AUTOS OF WINSFORD still have not informed me the cars ecu requires replacing :tsktsk: :tsktsk: not very happy.

Too right Pip, how does an ignition barrel "collapse" in the first place?

You say the the car was in for a repair to the "left front wing", is that the near side (passenger) wing. If so that is the side where the ECU is, also they may have done some damage to the ABS sensor or wiring.

Either way the car was Ok when the got it, now it isn't, why should you pay for it.

It is the near side passenger wing. i didn't know the ECU was there thats very interesting.i am tring to get as much info as poss to avoi paying for someone elses mistake. thank you

Does your TRC light flash also with the ABS light on? I had this problem when a garage fitted some lowering springs for me. They damaged the ABS sensor / wire. Once this is damaged it cant be repaired, which they tried doing, plus resetting the ECU and various other forms of bull *****..

I changed the ABS wire (very easy), reset the ECU and as soon as i drove off evrything was pukker again :D

Does your TRC light flash also with the ABS light on? I had this problem when a garage fitted some lowering springs for me. They damaged the ABS sensor / wire. Once this is damaged it cant be repaired, which they tried doing, plus resetting the ECU and various other forms of bull *****..

I changed the ABS wire (very easy), reset the ECU and as soon as i drove off evrything was pukker again :D

i think that the trc was flashing as well as the abs but its only what im being told. unfortunatly ive not seen the errors or my car for over 4 weeks. thanks for the info i could always pass this on to lexus stoke it would be a lot cheaper all round. :D

:D :D :D GOOD NEWS EVERYONE The garage i first took my car to have now agreed to pay for the cost & fitting of a NEW ECU unit. I am going to let them put a new one in and not tell them anything of the possible CHEAPER options ie fitting new abs loom :blush: The Lexus Branch have ordered the part it will be fitted on Monday. I just hope thats the end of it & I can get my PRIDE & JOY back.

THAK ONE AND ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT

:tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato:

i would let the dealer fit it because they have the tool for the security screws - the other place might just drill them out. I was thinking about the ignition lock - it takes 2 weeks to get a new cylinder cut to fit your existing key- I suspect they would have bought a lock set so you will now have 2 different keys for the car if they only changed the ignition lock ( a 15- 20 min job BTW) or a complete new set of locks and keys for the car ---- you need to find out exactly what they have done.

I also dont see why they had to drill anything -- u just need to push the retaining pin down and the whole lock assy will come out of the steering column

the will be fitting the ECU at lexus at stoke thats where it is at the moment. the key has been built to my original key no so my car still only needs the 1 key to open the doors and start the engine (manually) thanks for the reminder though wouldn't want the cars resale value affected by shody work.

The reaon they drilled the barrel out was because the barrel wouldn't turn to a point to allow the pin to be pushed down.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links