Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

I'm currently having some more work done to my IS by TDI. They are fitting the larger injectors so my fuelling is sorted and doesn't lean off. Also the car will be able to hold the boost as the fuel before was leaning right off at 5000rpm. So it should be mapped to .7 bar as hopefully this will be a safe boost to run on the standard internals.

Also i'm having the camcon fitted (to do what ever it does) :blush:

Also an O2 sim to fool the engine into thinking there is a cat present so no engine management light comes on. (I think)

I've also finally got the gauge pod fitted which I think looks pretty cool B)

I'll update the thread if I think of anything else :yawn:

A few pics Mark sent me:

Check out the gauge pod B)

A couple more bits: I'm picking up some new 18" TTE Chicane wheels at the weekend. They wont be fitted untill after the track day. Also going to install the Skyline R32 GTR front calipers.

Also finish off and clean up the engine bay. :crying:

Also being fitted:

HKS F CON V PRO + harness

HKS Navigator

HKS MAP Sensor + Harness

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guage pod looking very smart Ad. Car is bloody clean aint it to say that it is having work done. Was a free valet included lol?!

The rest seems complicated going on's.

What bhp is it looking at when finished?

Looking good mate :winky:

Very nice indeed, the camcon is a good bit of kit ill be getting that sooooooon and a few other bits and bobs from TDI, there do some good stuff for the lexus now, the 0% for 6 months is dangerous, i jsut wanna spend £1000's and worry about it later :P

Very cool, someone raided the piggy jar :D :lol:

You can tell that polishing with the porter cable has done the biz :)

I wonder what TDi makes of the Prolex Turbo kit? (opens can of worms...)

I bet u can't wait to get it back :)

Nice one Adie.

I will be very interested to see the power output from 0.7bar when fully mapped. I will be upping my boost slightly when the turbo finally makes its way back to me but I was only gonna set it at 0.6bar. I may reconsider now!!! :-)

Nice one Adie.

I will be very interested to see the power output from 0.7bar when fully mapped. I will be upping my boost slightly when the turbo finally makes its way back to me but I was only gonna set it at 0.6bar. I may reconsider now!!! :-)

I've been asking around and it seems that .7 should be a safe boost to run :winky:

Few more piccies :D

Modified oil cooler adapter for oil temp gauge

Being fitted

Gauge pod and gauges

The HKS FCON V PRO is the top one mate. It allows better mapping due to the greater resolution, and has additional features such as the ability to raise the rev limiter etc.

It will also have the HKS MAP sensor fitted to it and do away with the OEM one.

Basicly when the internals are done, there will be no need for any other engine management system.

What HKS say::

The HKS F-CON V Pro is a fully featured standalone engine management system that connects as easily as a "piggy-back" fuel and timing controller. As modifications to a vehicle are made, the need for fuel and timing adjustments becomes critical for performance and safety. The F-CON V Pro with its 32x32 resolution for both fuel and timing maps is the optimal solution. The F-CON V Pro can control up to eight injectors and D Jetro or L Jetro setups. --- Injectors can be set to fire as batch, sequentially or staged. The F-CON V Pro can also read drive by wire vehicles. Programming is done via the HKS Power Writer software; which only Certified HKS Pro Dealers have access to. The HKS Power Writer software for the F-CON V Pro has some very unique abilities to simplify setup and tuning. Via the vehicle start up menus most Japanese import cars can be easily started by selecting the vehicle’s parameters (Make, Model, Engine and etc). Tuning is simplified due to the A/F Feedback control; where a target A/F value can be input and the F-CON V Pro will adjust fuel automatically. Also full data logging capabilities are built into the F-Con V Pro Power Writer software. All major vehicle conditions including; speed, rpm, water temperature, intake temperature, timing, boost, injector duty cycle and etc can be logged to an HKS Pro Dealer’s computer.

It's good stuff!! :winky:

Can you tune it also by yourself?

On road or something? :unsure:

You should be able to have a slight fiddle around with it using the Navigator

Very jealous mate when you picking her up i might be able to pop in and see her?????

It's good stuff!! :winky:

Can you tune it also by yourself?

On road or something? :unsure:

You should be able to have a slight fiddle around with it using the Navigator

Very jealous mate when you picking her up i might be able to pop in and see her?????

Not sure now mate with the other goodies being fitted