Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

This piece of ****, nightmare project is currently on hold.....

Whats happened mate, im having a nightmare at the moment as well :tsktsk:

i wouldnt say im having a nightmare but its probloms after problom :(

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally sorted out with the garage that carried out the work and they are going to rebuild the engine free of charge (and halves on parts). They are also going to sort out picking it up (which I was originally doing). But I'm still waiting to hear from them AGAIN!!!! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

So judging by the time it took for the work to be done in the first place and their customer relations.. It might be a while before they pull their fingers out and get the job done....

Then once its finished I think the car will be for sale. Which is a shame considering since I've had all the work done I've hardly driven it...

Also still for sale is my old turbo kit...

And I'll have for sale the modified Skyline 4 pot brake calipers with pads and goodridge s/s hoses,, straight fitment for the IS (will make a thread with pics soon)

How come your going to sell it once it's finished?

What you going to get instead?

At the moment mate nothing. I've not had a car for nearly a year anyway (hardly driven it in the past 2 years) plus all the **** with the various problems and spiralling costs etc its just not worth it. There are more important things in my life than this or any car.

Thats fair enough mate

It is a real shame about or the trouble you've had, think i'd get a scooter if i was you :lol:

:lol: funnily enough, the last bike I had (mountain bike) I flew over the handle bars and the bike (front reflector) landed on my nose leaving me with a nice big scar, never had a bike since. Transport and I don't mix :lol:

Finally sorted out with the garage that carried out the work and they are going to rebuild the engine free of charge (and halves on parts). They are also going to sort out picking it up (which I was originally doing). But I'm still waiting to hear from them AGAIN!!!! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

So judging by the time it took for the work to be done in the first place and their customer relations.. It might be a while before they pull their fingers out and get the job done....

Then once its finished I think the car will be for sale. Which is a shame considering since I've had all the work done I've hardly driven it...

And I'll have for sale the modified Skyline 4 pot brake calipers with pads and goodridge s/s hoses,, straight fitment for the IS (will make a thread with pics soon)

You have had the patience of a Saint Adie.

It will be a real shame to give up after all this, but it is understandable.

I hope you may change your mind when it gets rebuilt properly and you have driven it, so that you can get some enjoyment from it after all the tribulations.

I'm happy to give it a once over and check the mapping FOC for you when they have finished with it, if that helps at all :)

Selling!!! :crying:

That would be such a shame mate. as already said you should at least give it a chance when it is finally done to see if you change your mind.

The other down point about selling is that you know you will never sell it for what it is really worth which is always the case with modified cars like this.

at least it is getting resolved in the end anyway mate.

I hope you may change your mind when it gets rebuilt properly and you have driven it, so that you can get some enjoyment from it after all the tribulations.

I'm happy to give it a once over and check the mapping FOC for you when they have finished with it, if that helps at all :)

That would be such a shame mate. as already said you should at least give it a chance when it is finally done to see if you change your mind.

The other down point about selling is that you know you will never sell it for what it is really worth which is always the case with modified cars like this.

@Adie

Sorry buddy, but I must fully agree with the 2 mates!

Don't do that..... don't throw it away just a second before fixing it. :crying::crybaby:

When it's running you will love it even more after all those troubles. :blush:

@Adie

Sorry buddy, but I must fully agree with the 2 mates!

Don't do that..... don't throw it away just a second before fixing it. :crying::crybaby:

When it's running you will love it even more after all those troubles. :blush:

I 4th it mate :D once it running you will love it :D

i would agree with the otheres also but i dont think there is any need. im sure after this is all done you will sit back into the car go for one last drive and then take the car for a month yourself . if you do decide to sell i wish you good luck with the sale . if you decide to keep it i hope it finally gets the chance to make you smile

maby it would be better if you sold the engine seperate to the rest of the car

• 5 weeks later...

The ball is finally rolling and the headwork is all finished. The bloke who built the bottom end is designing some low compression pistons using the old uprated headgasket and a standard one. A standard head gasket will be used this time around so the compression will be lowered by the design of the pistons instead. Should have a price for these by tomorrow then just wait for them to arrive and get fitted.

It shouldn't take long to rebuild it this time (properly). Plus TDI have already carried out alot of work that had to be done so thats another thing already taken care of. Then its running in the engine AGAIN.. But at least its now mapped so I wont have to worry about it over fuelling etc.

So it's looking possible that the car should make JAE this year :shutit: And about time considering I was driving to JAE last year when it blew :blink:

Oh and a quick thanks to Mark for all his help :winky:

The ball is finally rolling and the headwork is all finished. The bloke who built the bottom end is designing some low compression pistons using the old uprated headgasket and a standard one. A standard head gasket will be used this time around so the compression will be lowered by the design of the pistons instead. Should have a price for these by tomorrow then just wait for them to arrive and get fitted.

It shouldn't take long to rebuild it this time (properly). Plus TDI have already carried out alot of work that had to be done so thats another thing already taken care of. Then its running in the engine AGAIN.. But at least its now mapped so I wont have to worry about it over fuelling etc.

So it's looking possible that the car should make JAE this year :shutit: And about time considering I was driving to JAE last year when it blew :blink:

Oh and a quick thanks to Mark for all his help :winky:

Thats good news mate :D

Great news mate :D

May be a dumb question but, you have forged internals design for running boost? Are they not designed to lower the compression ratio by having shorter con rods, only a mad thought.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links