Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

what bumper is that mate

HKS... wasn't a very good fit either (but they never are). So it had to be cut away all round the headlights and grille and near the fog holes. Then all remade to fit.. The bloke that did it was on it nearly all week :crying: Also fitted TTE rear skirt and TRD side skirts. All set for JAE :winky:

The pic doesnt really do it justice as it sticks out alot more at the front.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, that looks awsome bud! :blush:

Not ricer-style and not stock, just sporty!! :D

Cheers mate. It does look alot better than in the pic. The pic's not too good an angle I dont think as you cant really see the depth of it. I'll take some more when the cars had a clean :D

nice bumper Adie.......cars looking great, it would have only got damaged if fitted to the Monster....at least it has gone to a good home

Edited by Monster-Mat

Looking good mate.. Week to make it fit? labour charges must have been :crybaby: is it fibreglass or plastic?

Fibre glass mate. Would've thought it would be a perfect fit for HKS. But aftermarket kits never seem to fit properly. Labour costs were pretty sound as the guy who did it does my mates Supras so he sorts us out. He has actually stopping fitting aftermarket bumpers as there's not really alot of money to be made in the time frame because of the constant remaking to fit.

Looking good mate.. Week to make it fit? labour charges must have been :crybaby: is it fibreglass or plastic?

Fibre glass mate. Would've thought it would be a perfect fit for HKS. But aftermarket kits never seem to fit properly. Labour costs were pretty sound as the guy who did it does my mates Supras so he sorts us out. He has actually stopping fitting aftermarket bumpers as there's not really alot of money to be made in the time frame because of the constant remaking to fit.

Suprised is fiberglass, just be careful not to knock it, northampton has some trully shaat roads, well everytime i go there i have to drive with my hazards on avoiding those cretors people call 'potholes' lol

look fwd to the end product :D

Still not been cleaned :blush: But here's just a quick couple more of how it looks. Arty pics to follow next week after I've taken the porter cable poilisher to the car :winky:

2d665307.jpg

5ce7b1e5.jpg

810cdcd0.jpg

Also started the Nissan Skyline R32 GTR upgrade today....

After a few weeks of sorting out the custom made brakelines from Goodridge and the little hard pipe with adapters to fit the caliper to the brakeline. We were good to go. The CTECH Mintex pads were also sourced and fitted :D

Took off the old caliper and disc. Offered up the GTR caliper and encountered the first problem... The caliper was hitting on the guard

00b1dec1.jpg

Sooo..Cut away part of the guard and fit bracket. New brakeline also fitted to car

f827ac0d.jpg

Next had a problem with the hard pipe hitting. So it was slightly bent into a curve. Now not hitting anything at full lock.. But the line was rubbing. So after alot of different ideas, The top end was tie wrapped through a hole near to it and the problem sorted.. The line was not touching anything either lock, was not pulling and everything was working great :D :D

Finished pic of the caliper fitted + new mintex disc :D :D

1a5bbb61.jpg

Then time to do the other side..... Putting the wheel back on.......... Doesn't fit :crybaby: The wheel is the wrong offset to fit over the caliper :crying: Its about and inch or so out :crybaby:

Then take everything back off. Put the old one back on and give them a new lick of postbox red :huh:

On a side note the Skyline caliper although alot bigger than OEM Lexus one is less than half the weight of it :ohmy:

Slightly :offtopic:

What size is that front license plate?

About 3/4.. Its also illegally spaced :blink:

smart mate

so whats happening with your brakes wonder if they fit mine

lol

At the moment mate I'm not sure what to do. I'll look into some spacers. But when the wheel is put on it sits onto the studs by about 1mm - 2mm. So its pretty much the whole length of the stud short..... Would it still be safe to fit spacers when its about 1 inch short of fitting? Will the wheel stick out too much?

It might come down to either selling the calipers with brakelines + pads and the other bits as a complete upgrade......OR buying yet another set of wheels :blink:

You car is looking much better Adie! Haven't seen your new wheels before - they look very nice! :D

Cheers mate. I've not had them that long. Picked them up at Bruntingthorpe. Everybody seems to have 'em. Might have to buy some new ones :duh:

smart mate

lol

At the moment mate I'm not sure what to do. I'll look into some spacers. But when the wheel is put on it sits onto the studs by about 1mm - 2mm. So its pretty much the whole length of the stud short..... Would it still be safe to fit spacers when its about 1 inch short of fitting? Will the wheel stick out too much?

It might come down to either selling the calipers with brakelines + pads and the other bits as a complete upgrade......OR buying yet another set of wheels :blink:

You car is looking much better Adie! Haven't seen your new wheels before - they look very nice! :D

Cheers mate. I've not had them that long. Picked them up at Bruntingthorpe. Everybody seems to have 'em. Might have to buy some new ones :duh:

i think new wheels would suit more, as the front bumper seems to overpower the wheels, something a little more aggressive ;)

I do agree mate. But its back to looking at thousands and thousands of wheels again :duh: They all seem to look the same in the end. Plus the time it takes to get delivered I doubt I could have them in time for JAE :yawn:

Maybe Blitz Z1 (same as Aido's) But in light grey. As they stand out alot more..

Or various Volk (Rays) racing

Any Buddy Club fit the IS?

Another thing is finding the correct offset but also to fit around those calipers. As I've now seen them fitted, they do look veeeerrrry nice B)

I do agree mate. But its back to looking at thousands and thousands of wheels again :duh: They all seem to look the same in the end. Plus the time it takes to get delivered I doubt I could have them in time for JAE :yawn:

Maybe Blitz Z1 (same as Aido's) But in light grey. As they stand out alot more..

Another thing is finding the correct offset but also to fit around those calipers. As I've now seen them fitted, they do look veeeerrrry nice B)

theres a few places on eBay that ship quick, there in HK, and do decent wheels ill drop you a pm

smart mate

lol

I'll be seeing your car tomorrow mate if its still there. I might have to steal a few more ideas off you yet mate :P I know I'll be having at least one done that I think you're having done :D

Looks good mate, fit and finish is superb on the bumper :)

IMO, get rid of the entire brake guard, the only decent bit is at the front of the car where it ducts air onto the inner side of the disc, that part you've chopped off.

Stud wise just get longer ones, i had to do this for mine with spacers. Those TTE rims are 50mm offset iirc? 10mm spacer shouldn't cause any major issues with rubbing or fouling.

theres a few places on ebay that ship quick, there in HK, and do decent wheels ill drop you a pm

Thanks Mat

IMO, get rid of the entire brake guard, the only decent bit is at the front of the car where it ducts air onto the inner side of the disc, that part you've chopped off.

Stud wise just get longer ones, i had to do this for mine with spacers. Those TTE rims are 50mm offset iirc? 10mm spacer shouldn't cause any major issues with rubbing or fouling.

But is it still safe? As the wheels will be sat entirely on the spacers. Also will it look weird that the fronts stick out more?

If you go custom wheels like some of the posh Volks, HREs, DPEs, Kinetics, DTM Kruez, iForged... there all custom made to fit your requirements. 4wks is normal lead times...

theres a few places on ebay that ship quick, there in HK, and do decent wheels ill drop you a pm

Thanks Mat

But is it still safe? As the wheels will be sat entirely on the spacers. Also will it look weird that the fronts stick out more?

If it bothers you about the fronts having a wider track, push out the rears too, i did :winky:

Note: changing rear studs is a pig, they don't have to be as long as the fronts, in my case it didn't have to be.

I had a local machine shop make me some spacers with the spigot ring (hub ring) machined in at the same time :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links