Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the front bumper and brake upgrade.

The bumper is simply AWSOME!! :blush:

And the brakes will slower down your car 2 times quicker than it can accelerate. :lol:

Cheers Mike,

keep us updated! :winky:

PS: My personal tip!

Get a second car just for winter, which you drive for shopping, parking on huge parking places where some dum*as*es bang with their 500€ car-doors on your 50.000€ car's side, or for driving in bad weather and so on.

Your car gets more and more expensive and valuable, the more work you put in.

Once a day you will be afraid of driving it a few meters in front of your house-door, just cause of the fear to get it damaged by yourself, another person or by an accident. :whistling:

Decrease the chance to get it damaged out on the streets. Just take it for nice weather, going to club meetings and so on. B)

That's one of the lessons I have learned with my Lexus, buddy. :winky:

Cheers Mike. :D I've had to take the calipers off for now untill I decide whether to go for some new wheels that'll fit over them.

As for winter driving etc. I use my work van for shopping trips / winter etc now anyway. Fed up with people opening car doors on the Lex :blink:

The car's now had a clean. clay bar, Scratch X, Sonus FX2, Klasse AIO ( all using the porter cable polisher) , 2x Layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Just need 2x layers of P21S Carnuba Wax to be added when the Sun chills out a bit. :)

Also managed to fit some Angel Eye front fog lights to the bumper.

Also cleaned the engine bay. The best you can anyway when you've got a big dirty engine staring at you. But I've added a very shiney rad panel. I also took all the 10mm bolts off and had them Zinc plated, which make it a little more pleasing on the eye. (Very cheap mod to do. Well actually the bloke said he'd do them for free) :D

c0965522.jpg

58a497e5.jpg

After JAE some chroming to do in the engine bay and spray the black plastic covers. :winky:

Looking much better Adie B)

Are you going to do anything about the turbo heat shield? The galvanised finish and the shape look a bit "industrial" to me (no offence intended :blush: )

Yes mate. It'll be chromed along with the hooks that go onto the rad. Also I'll probably get the rad panel done at the same time.

Chroming takes a little while longer so it'll have to wait untill after JAE :D

Actually mate the heat shield next to the airfilter will be chromed. The turbo heat shield will not. As its being removed sooner or later and I have a Lovely shiney HKS shield for the new turbo. Which will probably now be in the region of a hybrid :winky:

The car's now had a clean. Clay bar, Scratch X, Sonus FX2, Klasse AIO ( all using the porter cable polisher) , 2x Layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Just need 2x layers of P21S Carnuba Wax to be added when the Sun chills out a bit. :)

Also managed to fit some Angel Eye front fog lights to the bumper.

Also cleaned the engine bay. The best you can anyway when you've got a big dirty engine staring at you. But I've added a very shiney rad panel. I also took all the 10mm bolts off and had them Zinc plated, which make it a little more pleasing on the eye. (Very cheap mod to do. Well actually the bloke said he'd do them for free) :D

c0965522.jpg

58a497e5.jpg

After JAE some chroming to do in the engine bay and spray the black plastic covers. :winky:

the blue slinky sexy looking hose at the top of the engine bay ?

looks like its fallen off something on the right hand side

Its the throttle cable mate. I've just slit the pipe and placed it over the cable, just needs pushing over a bit more.

ah ha ...all is explained, i was trying to work out where it was going :D

I think a polished tubular manifold with ontop-exhaust flange and

a polished T04 turbocharger will do the job. :D

The rest will be done with a little engine cover. :winky:

I think you could be right there mate :D Will make a huge difference to the look of the engine bay :winky:

I think you could be right there mate :D Will make a huge difference to the look of the engine bay :winky:

...just the look? :shifty:

:crybaby::angry: :tsktsk: :crying: The car is now BROKEN I was driving to JAE this morning when I heard a bang, then a very loud rattling noise and loads of smoke pouring out from underneath the bonnet. I pulled over and oil was everywhere :o All over the rear of the car that I'd spent everynight cleaning for JAE and all over the engine bay that had also been cleaned and polished. :crybaby:

On inspection there is a hole the size of a closed fist in the bottom side of the engine block. So I'm assuming that one of the very thin conrods has broken and been thrown out the side of the engine. The engine is being taken out on Monday and stripped down to find the extent of the damage. Hoping its just the bottom end / block thats had it. First off is to source a new engine, hopefully there is a couple of options in the pipeline...

So the engine rebuild I was planning for winter or next year has now come to a head and needs doing asap. Now the engine is being rebuilt and apart I hope to do as much to it as possible. So when its done the car will be way over the 300bhp mark (current turbo dependant).

Whats upset me more at the moment is that I've been banging on about it so much in this thread lately and getting work done to it for JAE that I'm not able to show it off to everybody.. :crybaby: But come monday when the damage is known, I'm sure it will all hit home :crybaby:

Man that's a sickener... :(

hope it's not too serious.....

If the engine is coming out ...... have you any thoughts of putting something different in there ?

I suppose with all the money you've spent to date it might be extreme to consider a different engine....

Anyway hope it all works out......:)

So gutted for you buddy, believe me I know how this must hurt.... :crybaby:

I also wanted to get my car to JAE this year with its new upgrade. :yawn:

If you need help, just let me know. ;)

Mike

On pressing the memory button on my Greddy boost gauge it reads .8. So the car over boosted slightly. It didn't do it for long. It just shot up and then straight back down to .7 / .6 again. Maybe the boost controller was playing up....

Or... I had a coil pack go on no.6 cylinder so I replaced it. I noticed that the old one was all black and there were a few black marks on the top of the engine from it.. So I was thinking the spark plug on that cylinder had also gone. Which I was going to buy and replace at JAE.... Where the hole is in the block and looks like a probable rod broken is the same no.6 cylinder..... Could this be a factor or just a coincidence :question:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links